Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast of Champion

This one, anyway. Had a bout of insomnia last night which turned out
to be not a terribly bad thing. I'd forgotten to set up the bread
machine anyway. So I stumbled around the kitchen and set it up to
make English Muffin Bread. I'm far too lazy at 2am to make the kind
on the dough cycle, and I likely would have slept through the timer
anyway. So I made this one that bakes in the pan. Was ready when I
woke up - and who doesn't love to wake up to the smell of freshly
baked bread? I made a cup of tea (Imperial Black #10 from The Tea
Trader in Calgary, Canada), poached a couple of eggs and ....
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lovely brekkie!

TammyM

English Muffin Bread (For Bread Machines)
From The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna German

1 1/4 C Water
2 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
3 C Bread Flour
3 Tb Nonfat Dry Milk
2 1/4 Tsp Yeast

Note: Ingredients are for Large Loaf (about 1.5 lbs), adjust # of
servings for Medium or Small loaf. Put all ingredients in machine
in the order suggested by your machine's manufacturer and fire it up
on the regular bread cycle. The top of the loaf should come out
sunken, this is normal. The texture and taste is just like English
Muffins, this is GREAT for toasting!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> This one, anyway. Had a bout of insomnia last night which turned out
> to be not a terribly bad thing. I'd forgotten to set up the bread
> machine anyway. So I stumbled around the kitchen and set it up to
> make English Muffin Bread. I'm far too lazy at 2am to make the kind
> on the dough cycle, and I likely would have slept through the timer
> anyway. So I made this one that bakes in the pan. Was ready when I
> woke up - and who doesn't love to wake up to the smell of freshly
> baked bread? I made a cup of tea (Imperial Black #10 from The Tea
> Trader in Calgary, Canada), poached a couple of eggs and ....
> mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lovely brekkie!
>
> TammyM
>
> English Muffin Bread (For Bread Machines)
> From The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna German
>

> 1 1/4 C Water
> 2 Tsp Sugar
> 1 Tsp Salt
> 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
> 3 C Bread Flour
> 3 Tb Nonfat Dry Milk
> 2 1/4 Tsp Yeast
>
> Note: Ingredients are for Large Loaf (about 1.5 lbs), adjust # of
> servings for Medium or Small loaf. Put all ingredients in machine
> in the order suggested by your machine's manufacturer and fire it up
> on the regular bread cycle. The top of the loaf should come out
> sunken, this is normal. The texture and taste is just like English
> Muffins, this is GREAT for toasting!

You're a mind reader. I usually do English muffins in crumpet rings on a
griddle, but as the ABM was doing focaccia dough last night I had wondered
about EM bread. So this I have to try!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:
> This one, anyway. Had a bout of insomnia last night which turned out
> to be not a terribly bad thing. I'd forgotten to set up the bread
> machine anyway. So I stumbled around the kitchen and set it up to
> make English Muffin Bread. I'm far too lazy at 2am to make the kind
> on the dough cycle, and I likely would have slept through the timer
> anyway. So I made this one that bakes in the pan. Was ready when I
> woke up - and who doesn't love to wake up to the smell of freshly
> baked bread? I made a cup of tea (Imperial Black #10 from The Tea
> Trader in Calgary, Canada), poached a couple of eggs and ....
> mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lovely brekkie!
>
> TammyM
>
> English Muffin Bread (For Bread Machines)
> From The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna German
>

> 1 1/4 C Water
> 2 Tsp Sugar
> 1 Tsp Salt
> 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
> 3 C Bread Flour
> 3 Tb Nonfat Dry Milk
> 2 1/4 Tsp Yeast
>
> Note: Ingredients are for Large Loaf (about 1.5 lbs), adjust # of
> servings for Medium or Small loaf. Put all ingredients in machine
> in the order suggested by your machine's manufacturer and fire it up
> on the regular bread cycle. The top of the loaf should come out
> sunken, this is normal. The texture and taste is just like English
> Muffins, this is GREAT for toasting!

Thank you, Tammy! I *just* got a bread machine and I'm looking for bread
recipes. I appreciate you posting this. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in
:

> TammyM wrote:
>> This one, anyway. Had a bout of insomnia last night which turned out
>> to be not a terribly bad thing. I'd forgotten to set up the bread
>> machine anyway. So I stumbled around the kitchen and set it up to
>> make English Muffin Bread. I'm far too lazy at 2am to make the kind
>> on the dough cycle, and I likely would have slept through the timer
>> anyway. So I made this one that bakes in the pan. Was ready when I
>> woke up - and who doesn't love to wake up to the smell of freshly
>> baked bread? I made a cup of tea (Imperial Black #10 from The Tea
>> Trader in Calgary, Canada), poached a couple of eggs and ....
>> mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lovely brekkie!
>>
>> TammyM
>>
>> English Muffin Bread (For Bread Machines)
>> From The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna German
>>

>> 1 1/4 C Water
>> 2 Tsp Sugar
>> 1 Tsp Salt
>> 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
>> 3 C Bread Flour
>> 3 Tb Nonfat Dry Milk
>> 2 1/4 Tsp Yeast
>>
>> Note: Ingredients are for Large Loaf (about 1.5 lbs), adjust # of
>> servings for Medium or Small loaf. Put all ingredients in machine
>> in the order suggested by your machine's manufacturer and fire it
>> up on the regular bread cycle. The top of the loaf should come out
>> sunken, this is normal. The texture and taste is just like English
>> Muffins, this is GREAT for toasting!

> Thank you, Tammy! I *just* got a bread machine and I'm looking for
> bread recipes. I appreciate you posting this. :~)
>
> kili

From the same book, here is one of my favorites. These quantities are
for the medium sized loaf.

Portuguese White Bread

water 1 c (I find it takes more. I just add a cup and then a little at a
time until the machine forms a nice firm round ball as it first mixes
the ingredients - I do this for all the recipes)
margarine/butter 3 tbs (I use canola oil)
sugar 1 tbs
salt 1 1/2 tsp
bread flour 2 3/4 c
yeast 1 1/2 tsp

I have several bread machine books, including German's Vol II, but this
book has most of the recipes I use regularly. I found a few on the net
with Google too. Have fun with your new machine Kili; I love mine and
have used it for years.

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.