Hardwick Oven/Stove help

Default Hardwick oven/stove question

I need some good info here. I have an old Hardwick oven/stove that is 36"
wide. It's gas. I love it ! I spent all morning cleaning it. Ugh. It has a
light on it and also an electrical outlet. I bought a wire to rewire it so I
can hopefully plug it in and use the light and outlet. The old cord is
greasy as all get out; it's also one of those old fabric entwined ones, at
this point, totally unusable. That is my only complaint with a gas
stove/oven, the flying grease. I'll never go back to an electricI can't
imagine putting my cast iron treasures in/on/around an electric contraption.
I pulled it out one time to look at the wiring (I used to work in a lamp
shop but that's so diff). My apt is 1949 built. I'm wondering if that stove
is from then. I really want to rewire this and get the light working and the
outlet so I can set my crockpot on the top of it. There is a 13 3/4 inch
spread between burners !

Long time lurker, need some wiring help..