Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Default An exciting week

On 2007-04-03, Michael Kuettner wrote:

> I prefer healthier food. Like Sachertorte with whipped cream,
> or Malakofftorte. Or Schwarzwaelder-Kirschtorte.

Have you got a recipe for Markovtorte?

--
The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to
chance. [Robert R. Coveyou]
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Adam Funk wrote:
> On 2007-04-03, Michael Kuettner wrote:
>
>> I prefer healthier food. Like Sachertorte with whipped cream,
>> or Malakofftorte. Or Schwarzwaelder-Kirschtorte.

> Have you got a recipe for Markovtorte?

Malakofftorte is an icebox cake, made with sponge cake lady fingers (or
the sponge cake if the fingers are not available), dipped in rum and
milk and put into a cake tin's bottom and sides, the bottom layer spread
with a cream made of sugar, butter and whipped cream, then a layer of
assorted canned fruit (pineapple, peaches, berries, whatever), another
layer of cream and another of fruit. Then the cake is chilled. When
ready to serve, carefully remove from cake tin, put on a pretty plate
and cover with slightly sweetened whipped cream and decorate with fruit.

Well, it may not be a real Malakofftorte, but this is the way we made it.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

margaret suran wrote:
> Adam Funk wrote:
>> On 2007-04-03, Michael Kuettner wrote:
>>
>>> I prefer healthier food. Like Sachertorte with whipped cream,
>>> or Malakofftorte. Or Schwarzwaelder-Kirschtorte.

>> Have you got a recipe for Markovtorte?
>>

> Malakofftorte is an icebox cake, made with sponge cake lady fingers (or
> the sponge cake if the fingers are not available), dipped in rum and
> milk and put into a cake tin's bottom and sides, the bottom layer spread
> with a cream made of sugar, butter and whipped cream, then a layer of
> assorted canned fruit (pineapple, peaches, berries, whatever), another
> layer of cream and another of fruit. Then the cake is chilled. When
> ready to serve, carefully remove from cake tin, put on a pretty plate
> and cover with slightly sweetened whipped cream and decorate with fruit.
>
> Well, it may not be a real Malakofftorte, but this is the way we made it.

CORRECTION: I forgot the layer or layers of ladyfingers after the layer
or layers of cream and fruit. Sorry.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"Adam Funk" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On 2007-04-03, Michael Kuettner wrote:
>
>> I prefer healthier food. Like Sachertorte with whipped cream,
>> or Malakofftorte. Or Schwarzwaelder-Kirschtorte.

> Have you got a recipe for Markovtorte?

Yes.
Bake a finite amount of Malakofftorten in a discrete amount of time and
chain them together.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

[snip teh yummies]

No cluons were harmed when Adam Funk wrote:
>Have you got a recipe for Markovtorte?

I thought you could only get those at chain stores...

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On Apr 4, 9:26 am, margaret suran >
wrote:
> Adam Funk wrote:
> > On 2007-04-03, Michael Kuettner wrote:

> >> I prefer healthier food. Like Sachertorte with whipped cream,
> >> or Malakofftorte. Or Schwarzwaelder-Kirschtorte.

> > Have you got a recipe for Markovtorte?

> Malakofftorte is an icebox cake, made with sponge cake lady fingers (or
> the sponge cake if the fingers are not available), dipped in rum and
> milk and put into a cake tin's bottom and sides, the bottom layer spread
> with a cream made of sugar, butter and whipped cream, then a layer of
> assorted canned fruit (pineapple, peaches, berries, whatever), another
> layer of cream and another of fruit. Then the cake is chilled. When
> ready to serve, carefully remove from cake tin, put on a pretty plate
> and cover with slightly sweetened whipped cream and decorate with fruit.
>
> Well, it may not be a real Malakofftorte, but this is the way we made it.

The "Markov" sweets are something completely different.Thanks for the
recipe , though.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Adam Funk > wrote:

> On 2007-04-03, Michael Kuettner wrote:
>
> > I prefer healthier food. Like Sachertorte with whipped cream,
> > or Malakofftorte. Or Schwarzwaelder-Kirschtorte.

> Have you got a regular expression for Markovtorte?

IFYPFY.

Thanks,
Don

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"leo sgouros" > wrote

> > > Have you got a recipe for Markovtorte?

> > Malakofftorte is an icebox cake, made with sponge cake lady fingers (or
> > the sponge cake if the fingers are not available), dipped in rum and
> > milk and put into a cake tin's bottom and sides, the bottom layer spread
> > with a cream made of sugar, butter and whipped cream, then a layer of
> > assorted canned fruit (pineapple, peaches, berries, whatever), another
> > layer of cream and another of fruit. Then the cake is chilled. When
> > ready to serve, carefully remove from cake tin, put on a pretty plate
> > and cover with slightly sweetened whipped cream and decorate with fruit.
> >
> > Well, it may not be a real Malakofftorte, but this is the way we made it.

> The "Markov" sweets are something completely different.

Jeff Sagariin does this much better than you.

--oTTo--
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

leo sgouros wrote:
> On Apr 4, 9:26 am, margaret suran >
> wrote:
>> Adam Funk wrote:

>>> Have you got a recipe for Markovtorte?

>> Well, it may not be a real Malakofftorte, but this is the way we made it.

> The "Markov" sweets are something completely different.Thanks for the
> recipe , though.

Oh, the old "tongue in cheek" post! You wanted a recipe for a Markov
Chain! I have no idea what it is. Torten taste better than chains. )
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

margaret suran wrote:

> Oh, the old "tongue in cheek" post! You wanted a recipe for a Markov
> Chain! I have no idea what it is. Torten taste better than chains. )

I think you meant:

Oh, the old "Marklar in Marklar" Marklar! You wanted a Marklar for
a Marklar Marklar! I have no Marklar what Marklar is. Marklar taste
Marklarier than Marklar. )

HTH and God Bless.

--
Shelly

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Shelly > wrote:
>margaret suran wrote:
>> Oh, the old "tongue in cheek" post! You wanted a recipe for a Markov
>> Chain! I have no idea what it is. Torten taste better than chains. )

>I think you meant:
>
>Oh, the old "Marklar in Marklar" Marklar! You wanted a Marklar for
>a Marklar Marklar! I have no Marklar what Marklar is. Marklar taste
>Marklarier than Marklar. )
>
>HTH and God Bless.

Though it -would- be an interesting experiment to see what sorts of recipes
come out when Markov-chaining several related cookbooks...

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On 2007-04-04, David DeLaney wrote:

> Though it -would- be an interesting experiment to see what sorts of recipes
> come out when Markov-chaining several related cookbooks...

How about rec.food.recipes?

3 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest -- divided
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. Cocoa - Unsweetened
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream Creme fraiche (to serve)

For the rub:
1 green bell pepper
freshly chopped all purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean

To a bowl and add all of these recipes help.

Heat your grill to high. Brush the turkey and calculate the cooking
water. Stir in the center. Combine remaining chicken broth. Melt
butter and sugar mixture, stir till well blended. Gradually pour in
the chopped cashews, baking soda, and salt. Cook briefly; add the
olive oil in deep fat fryer, and bring to a boil over high heat for 3
to 4 minutes. Turn tuna over. Spread topping on top of finished dish
Mix together the flour, scraping up all the angst around cooking
rice. There is no longer pink and juices and cook it for him. Thanks
in advance and reheated. Serve spooned directly from the sides to line
the cup, add some of the cheese over each serving.

Yield: 6 servings

--
NO CARRIER
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On Apr 13, 1:08 pm, Adam Funk > wrote:
> On 2007-04-04, David DeLaney wrote:
>
> > Though it -would- be an interesting experiment to see what sorts of recipes
> > come out when Markov-chaining several related cookbooks...

> How about rec.food.recipes?
>
> 3 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest -- divided
> 1/4 cup sugar
> 1 tsp. Cocoa - Unsweetened
> 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
> 1 cup heavy cream Creme fraiche (to serve)
>
> For the rub:
> 1 green bell pepper
> freshly chopped all purpose flour
> 1 teaspoon garlic powder
> 1/8 tsp. black pepper
> 1 tablespoons minced garlic
> 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
> 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
> 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
>
> To a bowl and add all of these recipes help.
>
> Heat your grill to high. Brush the turkey and calculate the cooking
> water. Stir in the center. Combine remaining chicken broth. Melt
> butter and sugar mixture, stir till well blended. Gradually pour in
> the chopped cashews, baking soda, and salt. Cook briefly; add the
> olive oil in deep fat fryer, and bring to a boil over high heat for 3
> to 4 minutes. Turn tuna over. Spread topping on top of finished dish
> Mix together the flour, scraping up all the angst around cooking
> rice. There is no longer pink and juices and cook it for him. Thanks
> in advance and reheated. Serve spooned directly from the sides to line
> the cup, add some of the cheese over each serving.
>
> Yield: 6 servings

Needs more Vonnegut.

Dr. HotSalt

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"Dr. HotSalt" > wrote

> > Yield: 6 servings

> Needs more Vonnegut.

And maybe a pinch of Imus.

--oTTo--
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Adam Funk wrote:
> On 2007-04-04, David DeLaney wrote:
>
>> Though it -would- be an interesting experiment to see what sorts of recipes
>> come out when Markov-chaining several related cookbooks...

> How about rec.food.recipes?
>

> 3 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest -- divided
> 1/4 cup sugar
> 1 tsp. Cocoa - Unsweetened
> 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
> 1 cup heavy cream Creme fraiche (to serve)
>
> For the rub:
> 1 green bell pepper
> freshly chopped all purpose flour
> 1 teaspoon garlic powder
> 1/8 tsp. black pepper
> 1 tablespoons minced garlic
> 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
> 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
> 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
>
> To a bowl and add all of these recipes help.
>
> Heat your grill to high. Brush the turkey and calculate the cooking
> water. Stir in the center. Combine remaining chicken broth. Melt
> butter and sugar mixture, stir till well blended. Gradually pour in
> the chopped cashews, baking soda, and salt. Cook briefly; add the
> olive oil in deep fat fryer, and bring to a boil over high heat for 3
> to 4 minutes. Turn tuna over. Spread topping on top of finished dish
> Mix together the flour, scraping up all the angst around cooking
> rice. There is no longer pink and juices and cook it for him. Thanks
> in advance and reheated. Serve spooned directly from the sides to line
> the cup, add some of the cheese over each serving.
>
> Yield: 6 servings

Seen in a Chinese Cookbook:

1 TBS sugar, rinse well and set aside.

The sugar was never referenced again.

Just as well.

Matthew

--
I'm a consultant. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Adam Funk wrote:
> On 2007-04-04, David DeLaney wrote:
>
>> Though it -would- be an interesting experiment to see what sorts of recipes
>> come out when Markov-chaining several related cookbooks...

> How about rec.food.recipes?
>

> 3 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest -- divided
> 1/4 cup sugar
> 1 tsp. Cocoa - Unsweetened
> 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
> 1 cup heavy cream Creme fraiche (to serve)
>
> For the rub:
> 1 green bell pepper
> freshly chopped all purpose flour
> 1 teaspoon garlic powder
> 1/8 tsp. black pepper
> 1 tablespoons minced garlic
> 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
> 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
> 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
>
> To a bowl and add all of these recipes help.
>
> Heat your grill to high. Brush the turkey and calculate the cooking
> water. Stir in the center. Combine remaining chicken broth. Melt
> butter and sugar mixture, stir till well blended. Gradually pour in
> the chopped cashews, baking soda, and salt. Cook briefly; add the
> olive oil in deep fat fryer, and bring to a boil over high heat for 3
> to 4 minutes. Turn tuna over. Spread topping on top of finished dish
> Mix together the flour, scraping up all the angst around cooking
> rice. There is no longer pink and juices and cook it for him. Thanks
> in advance and reheated. Serve spooned directly from the sides to line
> the cup, add some of the cheese over each serving.
>
> Yield: 6 servings

Seen in a Chinese Cookbook:

1 TBS sugar, rinse well and set aside.

The sugar was never referenced again.

Just as well.

Matthew

--
I'm a consultant. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> Adam Funk wrote:
>> On 2007-04-04, David DeLaney wrote:
>>
>>> Though it -would- be an interesting experiment to see what sorts of
>>> recipes
>>> come out when Markov-chaining several related cookbooks...

>> How about rec.food.recipes?
>>

>> 3 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest -- divided 1/4 cup sugar 1 tsp. Cocoa -
>> Unsweetened 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour 1 cup heavy cream Creme
>> fraiche (to serve)
>> For the rub: 1 green bell pepper
>> freshly chopped all purpose flour 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1/8 tsp.
>> black pepper 1 tablespoons minced garlic 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
>> 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
>> To a bowl and add all of these recipes help.
>>
>> Heat your grill to high. Brush the turkey and calculate the cooking
>> water. Stir in the center. Combine remaining chicken broth. Melt
>> butter and sugar mixture, stir till well blended. Gradually pour in
>> the chopped cashews, baking soda, and salt. Cook briefly; add the
>> olive oil in deep fat fryer, and bring to a boil over high heat for 3
>> to 4 minutes. Turn tuna over. Spread topping on top of finished dish
>> Mix together the flour, scraping up all the angst around cooking
>> rice. There is no longer pink and juices and cook it for him. Thanks
>> in advance and reheated. Serve spooned directly from the sides to line
>> the cup, add some of the cheese over each serving.
>>
>> Yield: 6 servings
>>

> Seen in a Chinese Cookbook:
>
> 1 TBS sugar, rinse well and set aside.
>

> The sugar was never referenced again.
>
> Just as well.

Feng Shui.

Those wacky Chinese, they've got a word for everything.

--

"Truth matters, God doesn't & life sucks."

-- House, M.D.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Otto Bahn > wrote:
>"Dr. HotSalt" > wrote
>> > Yield: 6 servings

>> Needs more Vonnegut.

>And maybe a pinch of Tums.

IFYRFY.

Dave "spasmodically" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

David DeLaney wrote:
> Otto Bahn > wrote:
>> "Dr. HotSalt" > wrote
>>> Needs more Vonnegut.

>> And maybe a pinch of TimChuma.

> IFYRFY.

IFYAustrianFY

--

"Truth matters, God doesn't & life sucks."

-- House, M.D.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On 13 Apr 2007 14:24:56 -0700, Dr. HotSalt wrote:
>On Apr 13, 1:08 pm, Adam Funk > wrote:
>> Mix together the flour, scraping up all the angst around cooking
>> rice. There is no longer pink and juices and cook it for him. Thanks
>> in advance and reheated. Serve spooned directly from the sides to line
>> the cup, add some of the cheese over each serving.

> Needs more Vonnegut.

I'm now going to be saying "Vonnegur" all weekend.

¬R "MY FLIEGENDE HOLLÄNDER WON'T STOP BLEEEEEEING!" --Poot
<http://users.bestweb.net/~notr/magictop.html> Rootbeer

Posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books,rec.food.cooking

Default Shredded Paper in Compost Pile

--
Hi this is Leila. I'm not here right now. So please leave your name,
number and a brief message and a time you called at the beep. And