modom

Default On Topic and Off, too

On topic:

We had some cow-orkers over the other evening for wine and Cow Hill
"tappas" -- i.e. stuff to to stuff in your gullet whilst swilling
wine. I made this:

Sliced an eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds, salted and allowed to drain.
Brushed with olive oil and grilled till done and a little charred, but
still very flexible.

Marinated thin sliced of cucumber and red onion in rice wine vinegar.
(or was that rice vinegar?)

Mixed 2/3 package of cream cheese with about a teaspoon of prepared
wasabi. I used the powdered kind in the tin. It's Cow Hill, you
know.

Sliced some good smoked salmon (I'd picked it up in the Central Market
near UT-D earlier) into strips.

Made "tacos." Smeared the grilled aubergine with wasabi cream cheese,
laid strips of onion, cucumber, and salmon on. Folded over to taco
shape and sealed with a dab more cream cheese.

They went fast.

Off topic:

Joe Bob Briggs (http://www.joebobbriggs.com/) reports:

"The first bear hunt in New Jersey in 33 years is scheduled for
December, but only 6,300 hunters applied for the 10,000 available
hunting permits, meaning that a lot of the Jersey bears are going to
be able to use flanking maneuvers."

Off topic unless you eat bears, I guess. Or bear hunters.

modom

Since I lost the brindle cat,
The rats come right up and peer into the pot.
-- Han Shan