Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Does the Atkins Diet work?

Does the Atkins Diet work?
My experiences with the Atkins diet.
http://www.helium.com/tm/145238/alwa...re-chair-front

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The-sage wrote:
> Does the Atkins Diet work?
> My experiences with the Atkins diet.
> http://www.helium.com/tm/craplink

I won't click on your link. Can't you just tell us here what you
wanted to say...or is there some ulterior motive to forcing people to
your website.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 22, 12:23 pm, "The-sage" > wrote:
> Does the Atkins Diet work?
> My experiences with the Atkins diet.http://www.helium.com/tm/145238/alwa...re-chair-front

Sorry, you're too soon after the last mega post about diets. We're
too tired to click on your site. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Reminds me of Euell Gibbons. "You can eat a pine tree." Didn't he die in
> his 50's? I've got nothing against wild asparagus, but hey, it didn't seem
> to help him out any.

I seem to recall that Gibbons had Marphan's syndrome.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:
> On Mar 22, 12:23 pm, "The-sage" > wrote:
>> Does the Atkins Diet work?
>> My experiences with the Atkins
>> diet.http://www.helium.com/tm/145238/alwa...re-chair-front

> Sorry, you're too soon after the last mega post about diets. We're
> too tired to click on your site. -aem

Yeah, we ate too many baked potatoes and roasted potatoes to bother with
your site. Sorry dude. Not everyone in the world is doing Atkins. In
fact, I highly recommending not crashing into a tree.

Reminds me of Euell Gibbons. "You can eat a pine tree." Didn't he die in
his 50's? I've got nothing against wild asparagus, but hey, it didn't seem
to help him out any.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Reminds me of Euell Gibbons. "You can eat a pine tree."

No, he said: "Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible."

> Didn't he die in his 50's?

He died at the age of 64, of a genetic disease
(Marfan's Syndrome) which led to a burst aorta.

> I've got nothing against wild asparagus, but hey,
> it didn't seem to help him out any.

Nothing would have corrected Marfan's Syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euell_Gibbons
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Emma Thackery wrote:

> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
> > Reminds me of Euell Gibbons. "You can eat a pine tree."
> > Didn't he die in his 50's? I've got nothing against wild
> > asparagus, but hey, it didn't seem to help him out any.

> I seem to recall that Gibbons had Marphan's syndrome.

It's named after Antoine Marfan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Marfan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Emma Thackery wrote on 22 Mar 2007 in rec.food.cooking

> I seem to recall that Gibbons had Marphan's syndrome.

I thought it was Dutch Elm Diease.