FoodBanter.com

-   -   What restaurants, stores, mail order services carry bread made from chickpea flour?... already prepared (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/119404-what-restaurants-stores-mail.html)

thesak 21-03-2007 12:46 PM

What restaurants, stores, mail order services carry bread made from chickpea flour?... already prepared

What restaurants, stores, mail order services carry bread made from
chickpea flour already prepared?... especially around the Cambridge
02139 area?

JoeSpareBedroom 21-03-2007 12:51 PM

What restaurants, stores, mail order services carry bread made from chickpea flour?... already prepared

oups.com...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...tures/t746.jpg

Julia Altshuler 21-03-2007 04:25 PM

jmcquown wrote:
> thesak wrote:
>
>>What restaurants, stores, mail order services carry bread made from
>>chickpea flour already prepared?... especially around the Cambridge
>>02139 area?

> Amazon.com
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Besan-Chick-Pe.../dp/B0000ZHZ30
>
> 3 packages, 1 lb. each. On sale for $9.99

That's the flour. The original poster was asking about bread made from
the flour. I don't know of any bakeries that make that. I have
experimented personally with making bread from a number of flours. None
were spit-them-out bad, but all were better if I used half wheat flour.

(I take that back. My experiments with millet flour led to extremely
dry bread, almost unswallowable dry bread.)

If the original poster wants to experiment on his own, I recommend The
Tassajara Bread Book and The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book for recipes and
information.

--Lia

jmcquown 21-03-2007 04:30 PM

thesak wrote:
> What restaurants, stores, mail order services carry bread made from
> chickpea flour already prepared?... especially around the Cambridge
> 02139 area?

Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Besan-Chick-Pe.../dp/B0000ZHZ30

3 packages, 1 lb. each. On sale for $9.99

Jill

JoeSpareBedroom 21-03-2007 04:36 PM

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>> thesak wrote:
>>
>>>What restaurants, stores, mail order services carry bread made from
>>>chickpea flour already prepared?... especially around the Cambridge
>>>02139 area?

>> Amazon.com
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Besan-Chick-Pe.../dp/B0000ZHZ30
>>
>> 3 packages, 1 lb. each. On sale for $9.99

> That's the flour. The original poster was asking about bread made from
> the flour. I don't know of any bakeries that make that. I have
> experimented personally with making bread from a number of flours. None
> were spit-them-out bad, but all were better if I used half wheat flour.
>

> (I take that back. My experiments with millet flour led to extremely dry
> bread, almost unswallowable dry bread.)
>

> If the original poster wants to experiment on his own, I recommend The
> Tassajara Bread Book and The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book for recipes and
> information.
>

> --Lia

I'm wondering how long it'll take the OP to open the yellow pages and look
under "Bakeries". Can you imagine doing such a thing?

JoeSpareBedroom 21-03-2007 05:04 PM

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Billy wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:29:08 -0600, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, oooops! That's what happens when I don't read a mile-long
>>> subject line!

>> It was in the text of the message, too, you dolt!
>>
>> Typical Jill response.
>>
>> -sw

> Asshole, read my amended reply. Dickhead.

Come to me now, my little tart. :-)

jmcquown 21-03-2007 05:29 PM

jmcquown 21-03-2007 05:31 PM

Amended What restaurants, stores, mail order services carry bread made from chickpea flour?... already prepared

jmcquown 21-03-2007 06:00 PM

jmcquown 21-03-2007 10:06 PM

Jillie wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:00:37 -0600, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Billy wrote:

>>> It was in the text of the message, too, you dolt!
>>>
>>> Typical Jill response.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Asshole, read my amended reply. Dickhead.

> You mean the one you posted an hour after *my* post?

Sorry but my newsserver didn't post your reply until after it posted my
amended one. Grow up and get a life, dickwad.