FoodBanter.com

-   -   Chicken enchiladas (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/119112-re-chicken-enchiladas.html)

Nexis 17-03-2007 07:29 PM

Chicken enchiladas

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>I bought three 5 pound chickens today for 49¢ a pound. I froze 2 of them, and think
>I'll make enchiladas with the other one. But I'm not really sure how. How does
>this sound:
>
> I thought I would boil the chicken whole, then bone and shred it, and maybe mix it
> with jalapeños and cream of mushroom soup and a little cumin, oregano, and garlic
> to make the filling. Then roll up in corn tortillas dipped in hot chicken stock.
> Pour canned green enchilada sauce (medium hot) all over, and grated sharp cheddar
> cheese. Bake for 45 minutes.
>
> What am I overlooking? Does it need some sour cream in the filling? Something
> else? (don't say cilantro) Thanks.
>
> Bob

Everything sounds pretty good...except the mushroom soup. Why the mushroom soup?
I spice the chicken and roll it in the corn tortillas, and top with sauce. When it
comes out of the oven, I whisk sour cream until it's pourable, and top the enchiladas
with that, then some finely chopped cilantro, some queso Anejo Enchilado and some
Cotija.

kimberly