Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nashville Food?

I'm going to Nashville next week for the annual NDMS conference. It is
being held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
I've never been to Nashville. Any particular restaurants of note or must
try specialties there? For some reason I can't recall ever hearing
anything special about food in Nashville.
I pray there won't be a repeat of the "Paula Deen's All You Can Stand
Trough" Savannah incident that I wrote about last fall. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 > wrote:

>I'm going to Nashville next week for the annual NDMS conference. It is
>being held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
>I've never been to Nashville. Any particular restaurants of note or must
>try specialties there? For some reason I can't recall ever hearing
>anything special about food in Nashville.

My review from three years ago is he

Despite what I wrote, I was perfectly happy with Boundr'y
as well as Mambu.

Definitely try to get out of the Opryland area and into
central Nashville at least once or twice. Take a look,
at least from the outside, at Ryman auditorium (the original
venue of the Opry).

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 9, 4:50 pm, Goomba38 > wrote:
> I'm going to Nashville next week for the annual NDMS conference. It is
> being held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
> I've never been to Nashville. Any particular restaurants of note or must
> try specialties there? For some reason I can't recall ever hearing
> anything special about food in Nashville.

We have friends who live in Nashville, and two places that were
worthwhile:

-Went to Noshville for breakfast www.noshville.net. They have a good
deli for lunch too.

-Blackstone Brewery/Pub at http://www.blackstonebrewery.com/ is better
known for their beers than the food, though the food is pretty good.

Best -- Terry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> We have friends who live in Nashville, and two places that were
> worthwhile:
>
> -Went to Noshville for breakfast
www.noshville.net. They have a good
> deli for lunch too.
>
> -Blackstone Brewery/Pub at http://www.blackstonebrewery.com/ is better
> known for their beers than the food, though the food is pretty good.

Thank you! The crowd I'll be with can do some serious beer drinking
One year we traveled to Erie, PA and went to one local bar just to eat
and the local Fire Chief saw us and introduced himself. He then left a
tab paid for us for the following night to come back and enjoy some
pitchers of beer on him. Nice guy! Of course we all returned the next
night (off duty/out of uniform and able to drink) to enjoy his
hospitality. Other disaster teams followed behind us that we ended up
taking over the whole bar. They had to call in extra help. I was
introduced to various "shots" that night, dancing, innocent flirting...I
felt like a youngster again!
Thanks Terry...for the suggestions and allowing me to recall some fun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> I'm going to Nashville next week for the annual NDMS conference. It is
> being held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
> I've never been to Nashville. Any particular restaurants of note or must
> try specialties there? For some reason I can't recall ever hearing
> anything special about food in Nashville.
> I pray there won't be a repeat of the "Paula Deen's All You Can Stand
> Trough" Savannah incident that I wrote about last fall. LOL

The Food Network has an episode of $40 a day covering Nashville on
tonight at 8pm (or at least that's what the e-guide claims).

Pete C.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C. wrote:

> The Food Network has an episode of $40 a day covering Nashville on
> tonight at 8pm (or at least that's what the e-guide claims).
>
> Pete C.

Perfect timing! It is 1930 hours now. I'll go tune it in.
Have you any opinion on the actual restaurants she visits in the various
cities she visits? Are they usually some of the best..or perhaps just
the ones that her producers picked for her to visit?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 9, 4:50 pm, Goomba38 > wrote:
> I'm going to Nashville next week for the annual NDMS conference. It is
> being held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
> I've never been to Nashville. Any particular restaurants of note or must
> try specialties there? For some reason I can't recall ever hearing
> anything special about food in Nashville.
> I pray there won't be a repeat of the "Paula Deen's All You Can Stand
> Trough" Savannah incident that I wrote about last fall. LOL

Catfish, jalapeno cornbread and deep fried dill pickles.

-bwg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 19:35:19 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Pete C. wrote:
>
>> The Food Network has an episode of $40 a day covering Nashville on
>> tonight at 8pm (or at least that's what the e-guide claims).
>>
>> Pete C.

>Perfect timing! It is 1930 hours now. I'll go tune it in.
>Have you any opinion on the actual restaurants she visits in the various
>cities she visits? Are they usually some of the best..or perhaps just
>the ones that her producers picked for her to visit?

I would check out chowhound too...

And www.roadfood.com might be worth a look.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> Pete C. wrote:
>
> > The Food Network has an episode of $40 a day covering Nashville on
> > tonight at 8pm (or at least that's what the e-guide claims).
> >
> > Pete C.

> Perfect timing! It is 1930 hours now. I'll go tune it in.
> Have you any opinion on the actual restaurants she visits in the various
> cities she visits? Are they usually some of the best..or perhaps just
> the ones that her producers picked for her to visit?

No opinion really, I've only seen a few of the shows. I saw a Dallas
episode and she didn't hit any of my favorites, but they also wouldn't
have fit the $40 a day requirement either. The places in the episode
didn't look bad though, just not the high end of Addison.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

-bwg wrote:

> Catfish, jalapeno cornbread and deep fried dill pickles.
>
> -bwg

I first tried fried dill pickles in Memphis. Supposedly they were one of
Elvis Presley's favorites snacks. I liked them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:50:52 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>I've never been to Nashville. Any particular restaurants of note or must
>try specialties there?

You have not lived until going to the Loveless Motel and Cafe. Trust
me....the short trip will be worth any effort your put forth.

http://franklin.thefuntimesguide.com...illes_love.php

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> I'm going to Nashville next week for the annual NDMS conference. It is
> being held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
> I've never been to Nashville. Any particular restaurants of note or must
> try specialties there? For some reason I can't recall ever hearing
> anything special about food in Nashville.
> I pray there won't be a repeat of the "Paula Deen's All You Can Stand
> Trough" Savannah incident that I wrote about last fall. LOL

Check roadfoods.com

they are doing a big, all-day foodies tour of nashville this spring.
covers five or six different restaurants that they consider the best
there. I had the email but I musta deleted it, but I'm sure you can
find info on their site.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> I'm going to Nashville next week for the annual NDMS conference. It is
> being held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
> I've never been to Nashville. Any particular restaurants of note or must
> try specialties there? For some reason I can't recall ever hearing
> anything special about food in Nashville.
> I pray there won't be a repeat of the "Paula Deen's All You Can Stand
> Trough" Savannah incident that I wrote about last fall. LOL

Zola http://restaurantzola.com/

Margot Cafe & Bar http://www.margotcafe.com/home.htm

Park Cafe http://www.parkcafenashville.com/

mAmbu