Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dressing up frozen veggies?

My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.

How would you liven them up?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mitch wrote:
> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
> How would you liven them up?

Butter and a little dried dill weed.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mitch <Mitch@...> wrote:

> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
> How would you liven them up?

Here's a few ideas:

- lemon or lime zest

- browned butter

- melted butter and some dill weed

- salt & pepper

- stir fry them in some olive oil & garlic finishing off w/ a splash of
Tamari or sesame oil
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 7, 9:54?am, Mitch <Mitch@...> wrote:
> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
> How would you liven them up?

Add to ramen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mitch" <Mitch@...> wrote in message
news
> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
> How would you liven them up?

Low salt soy sauce and sesame seeds.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 7, 6:54 am, Mitch <Mitch@...> wrote:
> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
> How would you liven them up?

A ginger sauce would complement all three of those. Grate a knob of
peeled ginger, then squeeze with your fingers to extract the juice
into a small dish. Or squeeze the gratings in a garlic press. Then
mix together:
1/4 cup chicken stock
1-1/2 teaspoons Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
1 teaspoon ginger juice
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon sugar
Stir to dissolve cornstarch completely, set aside.

Heat a pan or wok over high heat, add a teaspoon or two of oil, add a
couple slices of fresh ginger, and then the frozen veggies. Cook
until the veggies are hot all the way through, and remove the ginger
slices. Then push the veggies away from the center of the pan and
pour in the broth mixture Stir it until it begins to thicken, then
mix it through all the veggies and serve immediately. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski said...

> "Mitch" <Mitch@...> wrote in message
> news
>> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
>> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>>
>> How would you liven them up?

> Low salt soy sauce and sesame seeds.
> -ginny

Or... make a veggie pizza. Buy a pizza crust, add some tomato or white
sauce, break the veggies into bits and add, sprinkle in a melty cheese and
bake.

Or not.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 14:54:14 GMT, Mitch <Mitch@...> wrote:

>My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
>Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
>How would you liven them up?

Chinese oyster sauce

Nathalie in Switzerland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mitch wrote:

> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
> How would you liven them up?

Buttah, salt, pepper and tarragon or parsley, chopped
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Go with olive oil and wine vinegar.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mitch <Mitch@...> wrote:

> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
> How would you liven them up?

Butter, Olive oil, dill weed and salt free lemon pepper.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mitch <Mitch@...> wrote:
> My wife bought a bunch of frozen veggie medleys from Market Day.
> Brocc/Cauliflower/baby carrot mix.
>
> How would you liven them up?

Toss with a big bowlful of spaghetti and dress with spicy oriental
peanut sauce.

Spicy Sichuan Peanut Sauce
Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Asian sesame oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh gingerroot
1-1/2 teaspoons Asian chili paste (available at specialty shops) OR 1
teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (available at specialty shops) or to taste
1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3/4 cup water

Instructions
In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients with salt to
taste until smooth. Transfer sauce to a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Peanut sauce keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week.

To use peanut sauce:
Boil 1 pound Asian noodles or spaghetti until al dente and drain in a
colander. Rinse noodles under cold water until cool and drain. Toss
noodles with about 3/4 cup sauce and finely chopped scallions to
taste.

Yield: 2-1/2 cups sauce; with pasta, serves 4-6

From: Best of Gourmet 1995 (Cond? Nast Books)

---

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7 Mar 2007 12:40:00 -0800, "Sheldon" > wrote:

>Spicy Sichuan Peanut Sauce
>Ingredients

<snip>

Yum. Thanks.

Lou

Another frozen veggies recall due to Listeria concerns Janet B General Cooking 0 21-06-2016 07:10 PM
Ideas For Dressing Up Frozen Peas? Teresa General Cooking 21 23-12-2007 06:01 PM
Frozen veggies Mitch General Cooking 13 02-04-2007 09:18 PM
Frozen mixed veggies stark General Cooking 3 13-10-2006 07:21 PM
Best way to "cook" frozen veggies? [email protected] General Cooking 52 05-06-2005 05:21 PM