Old 08-10-2003, 06:17 AM
The Wolf

Default Hey SF What happened to your boy?

Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.

Why do you think that is?

I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Didn't you watch FOX news at the bath house?
"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)

Old 08-10-2003, 01:51 PM

The Wolf wrote:
Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.

Why do you think that is?

I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Didn't you watch FOX news at the bath house?

I figured Arnold would win in his campaign. What I find
most hypocritical is all these Republicans who cry about
show business stars who use the public air waves and press
to express liberal views, but then they turn around and
give their full support to show business stars who espouse
conservative views. Than again, Arnold is by no means
conservative so I do not consider this to be a significant
loss for the Democrats.

Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises. He talks
very liberal when it comes to social programs, but very
conservative when it comes to spending. You can't have things
both ways so it will be interesting to see how Arnold deals
with that basic reality.

Old 08-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Anthony

wrote in message ...
Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises. He talks
very liberal when it comes to social programs, but very
conservative when it comes to spending. You can't have things
both ways so it will be interesting to see how Arnold deals
with that basic reality.

I think he'll become poster boy for "Be careful what you wish for, it might
happen"

Old 08-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Dimitri

wrote in message ...
The Wolf wrote:

snip
Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises. He talks
very liberal when it comes to social programs, but very
conservative when it comes to spending. You can't have things
both ways

more snip

That certainly is "conventional wisdom" ( You can't have things
both ways) is that in fact true?

BTW I don't know the answer or have an opinion.

If you want to see the actual budgets of Cal-I-Fornia look he

http://www.cbp.org/statebud.htm

Dimitri

Old 08-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Dan Abel

In article , The Wolf
wrote:

[snipped everything]

I saw the subject on this and thought that The Wolf was being
compassionate, because SF had posted some time back about what she should
do about the relatives living with her. So, how is that going?

I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
vote in some actor?

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Old 08-10-2003, 09:39 PM
The Wolf

On 10/8/03 12:51 PM, in article ,
" opined:

The Wolf wrote:
Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.

Why do you think that is?

I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Didn't you watch FOX news at the bath house?

I figured Arnold would win in his campaign. What I find
most hypocritical is all these Republicans who cry about
show business stars who use the public air waves and press
to express liberal views, but then they turn around and
give their full support to show business stars who espouse
conservative views. Than again, Arnold is by no means
conservative so I do not consider this to be a significant
loss for the Democrats.

Actually, in Calif. He had a hard time with the right of the Republican
Party.

Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises.

It will be an uphill battle with a Democratic legislation. BUT, Reagan got
the job done so Arnold can too.

Old 08-10-2003, 10:03 PM
NTANTIQUES

snipped
I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
vote in some actor?

You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's only
flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.
There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but despair
for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become so
shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for a
candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable? Couldn't
happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch out,
people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate futures.
NT

Old 08-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Puester

NTANTIQUES wrote:

snipped
I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
vote in some actor?

Doesn't make sense, does it? At least Ahnold can't run for president
unless Dubya changes the Constitution between now and then. There is
a very old saying: "The last time the continent tilted, all the
nuts rolled into California."

You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's only
flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.
There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but despair
for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become so
shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for a
candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable? Couldn't
happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch out,
people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate futures.
NT

Every Californian I know except one feels exactly
the same way. I guess I mostly know the sane ones.
You might wanna add some Xanax to that chocolate....

gloria p

Old 08-10-2003, 11:04 PM
rmp

Default Voters get the politicians they deserve.

It is selfish, nimby voters who want everything for nothing who created this
situtation. Don't blame Arnold.

snipped

Old 08-10-2003, 11:05 PM
The Wolf

On 10/8/03 9:03 PM, in article ,
"NTANTIQUES" opined:

snipped
I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
vote in some actor?

You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're

Do you mind telling me who the **** "....We're" are?

Arnold got 1,000,0000 more votes then Bustamecha

Old 08-10-2003, 11:08 PM
The Wolf

On 10/8/03 9:11 PM, in article , "Puester"
opined:

NTANTIQUES wrote:

snipped
I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
vote in some actor?

Doesn't make sense, does it? At least Ahnold can't run for president
unless Dubya changes the Constitution

George W. Bush can't change the constitution retard, go back and relearn
history.

[...]

Why didn't they vote that way then? Lemme guess it was those bad old
outdated machines.

Old 08-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Virginia Tadrzynski

"The Wolf" wrote in message
On 10/8/03 9:11 PM, in article ,

"Puester"
opined:

NTANTIQUES wrote:

snipped
[...]

Ah, yes, when someone questions the quintesential goodness (gack!) of the
magnanimous Republican party, they are called a retard.......parry, thrust,
touche Wolf.

Now to Gloria's statement. You are correct that Cheney (we really know who
is running the United States of Halliburton) cannot change the constitution.
Congress/Senate has to pass the amendment and then it goes to the states to
radify it. HOWEVER, since Bushie coming into power, at least three states
I am aware of have had their congressional districts reassigned....I think
the proper term is gerimandering (where districts are restructured to give
one party an advantage). This will successfully put at least three
Democratic congressmen out on their ears in this state alone. Stack the
state houses/senates also redistricted by Chez Bush and a two thirds
majority is doable.

No one thought that an Austrian immigrant with Nazi ties would get
California, either. Rumors have it Jim McGreevey of NJ and Ruth Ann Minner
of Delaware are now under Bushie's radar. Let's see, who is from NJ, a
'movie star' and a rabid republican..........please Lord, don't let them
pick Bruce Willis...

-Ginny

Old 09-10-2003, 12:19 AM
Dan Abel

In article , "Virginia
Tadrzynski" wrote:

"The Wolf" wrote in message

George W. Bush can't change the constitution retard, go back and relearn
history.

Now to Gloria's statement. You are correct that Cheney (we really know who
is running the United States of Halliburton) cannot change the constitution.
Congress/Senate has to pass the amendment and then it goes to the states to

He doesn't need to change the Constitution, he just needs to get the
people to agree to let him ignore it. He's gone down that path already.
My 85YO father wanted to take a plane trip. They searched him and his
baggage and confiscated his toenail clippers. The constitution says that
we are protected against unreasonable search and seizure. Where do you
draw the line?

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

what happened Pete Whitehead Diabetic 2 27-11-2009 06:08 AM
What happened here??? foodpro Baking 1 18-08-2008 04:13 PM
Whatever happened to... Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 65 12-12-2004 05:12 PM
Ok - what happened! Cheryl Isaak Wine 1 06-12-2004 08:26 PM
Whatever happened to BigDog Barbecue 17 13-11-2004 12:27 AM