Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The English Muffin.

Aside from using them as hamburger buns, English muffins have other
breakfast, lunch and dinner uses.

Take an egg and stir it up with your favorite herbs and spices and pour it
into both open halves of the English muffin and then sit them under the
broiler for a couple minutes until browned, then doctor them up as needed.

Three halves of hotdogs fit neatly into an English muffin.

Take a tuna salad onto an English muffin with cheese.

Ever done a filet mignon on a English muffin?

Lived dangerously and use the jumbo English muffin?

Your ideas?

Andy

P.S. We'll presume that all English muffins are toasted or open face
broiled. --A
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> English muffins have other uses.
>
> Three halves of hotdogs fit neatly into an English muffin.
> tuna salad onto an English muffin with cheese.
> filet mignon on a English muffin?
>
> Your ideas?

English muffin, ketchup, velveeta; Pizza Andy.

http://thomas.gwbakeries.com

Sheldon Studmuffin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 3:21 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> Aside from using them as hamburger buns, English muffins have other
> breakfast, lunch and dinner uses.
>
> Take an egg and stir it up with your favorite herbs and spices and pour it
> into both open halves of the English muffin and then sit them under the
> broiler for a couple minutes until browned, then doctor them up as needed.
>
> Three halves of hotdogs fit neatly into an English muffin.
>
> Take a tuna salad onto an English muffin with cheese.
>
> Ever done a filet mignon on a English muffin?
>
> Lived dangerously and use the jumbo English muffin?
>
> Your ideas?
>
> Andy
>
> P.S. We'll presume that all English muffins are toasted or open face
> broiled. --A

Soak in beaten egg mixed with milk. Fry in pan on top of stove.
Cover with cheese of your choice. Drizzle with pure Massachusetts
Maple Syrup. English Muffin Brei.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine wrote on 28 Feb 2007 13:52:59 -0800:

mir> On Feb 28, 3:21 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
??>> Aside from using them as hamburger buns, English muffins
??>> have other breakfast, lunch and dinner uses.
??>>
Ever hear of Eggs Benedict? Here's a recipe:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/EggBenedict.htm

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Aside from using them as hamburger buns, English muffins have other
> breakfast, lunch and dinner uses.
>
> Take an egg and stir it up with your favorite herbs and spices and
> pour it into both open halves of the English muffin and then sit them
> under the broiler for a couple minutes until browned, then doctor
> them up as needed.
>
> Three halves of hotdogs fit neatly into an English muffin.
>
> Take a tuna salad onto an English muffin with cheese.
>
> Ever done a filet mignon on a English muffin?
>
> Lived dangerously and use the jumbo English muffin?
>
> Your ideas?
>
> Andy
>
> P.S. We'll presume that all English muffins are toasted or open face
> broiled. --A

A crab melt! Toast the muffins, add a heaping amount of crab, slice of
tomato, monterey jack cheese (or cheese of choice) and melt under the
broiler. Mayo, optional and seasonings to taste, of course.

Oh, an you forgot the obvious eggs benedict. I like mine florentine-style,
with a bed of spinach.

And a straight ham and cheese doesn't hurt, either. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Aside from using them as hamburger buns, English muffins have other
> breakfast, lunch and dinner uses.
>
> Take an egg and stir it up with your favorite herbs and spices and pour it
> into both open halves of the English muffin and then sit them under the
> broiler for a couple minutes until browned, then doctor them up as needed.
>
> Three halves of hotdogs fit neatly into an English muffin.
>
> Take a tuna salad onto an English muffin with cheese.
>
> Ever done a filet mignon on a English muffin?
>
> Lived dangerously and use the jumbo English muffin?
>
> Your ideas?
>
> Andy
>
> P.S. We'll presume that all English muffins are toasted or open face
> broiled. --A

With butter and jam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> Aside from using them as hamburger buns, English muffins have other
>> breakfast, lunch and dinner uses.

<snip
>> Your ideas?

> With butter and jam.

Correction. With butter and **Barb's** jam :-)

TammyM, running dangerously low of the cherry jam and the apricot jam....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Aside from using them as hamburger buns, English muffins have other
> breakfast, lunch and dinner uses.
>
> Take an egg and stir it up with your favorite herbs and spices and pour it
> into both open halves of the English muffin and then sit them under the
> broiler for a couple minutes until browned, then doctor them up as needed.
>
> Three halves of hotdogs fit neatly into an English muffin.
>
> Take a tuna salad onto an English muffin with cheese.
>
> Ever done a filet mignon on a English muffin?
>
> Lived dangerously and use the jumbo English muffin?
>
> Your ideas?
>
> Andy
>
> P.S. We'll presume that all English muffins are toasted or open face
> broiled. --A

Eggs Benedict.

Or just toast with butter and cinnamon.
The raisin ones are especially good for that. ;-d

English muffin toasted ham and cheese sammich on the contact grill.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" wrote
> Correction. With butter and **Barb's** jam :-)
>
> TammyM, running dangerously low of the cherry jam and the apricot jam....

Is Tammy's Jam still "The Cat's Ass"?
Not that I'd know, never having tasted any...
Ahem!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jef." > wrote in message
. ..

> "TammyM" wrote
>> Correction. With butter and **Barb's** jam :-)
>>
>> TammyM, running dangerously low of the cherry jam and the apricot jam....

> Is Tammy's Jam still "The Cat's Ass"?
> Not that I'd know, never having tasted any...
> Ahem!

Oh dear. !!! It is indeed still the CA. I think I better package up some
this w/e. I'll get Elle to remind me -- I need reminding on a regular basis
these days :-)

TammyM, not yet gumming her creamed corn but close!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> >
> > Aside from using them as hamburger buns, English muffins have other
> > breakfast, lunch and dinner uses.
> >
> > Take an egg and stir it up with your favorite herbs and spices and
> > pour it into both open halves of the English muffin and then sit
> > them under the broiler for a couple minutes until browned, then
> > doctor them up as needed.
> >
> > Three halves of hotdogs fit neatly into an English muffin.
> >
> > Take a tuna salad onto an English muffin with cheese.
> >
> > Ever done a filet mignon on a English muffin?
> >
> > Lived dangerously and use the jumbo English muffin?
> >
> > Your ideas?

> With butter and jam.

Apple butter.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "maxine in ri" > said:

> Soak in beaten egg mixed with milk. Fry in pan on top of stove.
> Cover with cheese of your choice. Drizzle with pure Massachusetts
> Maple Syrup. English Muffin Brei.

Mmmm, saved in my "Must Try" file... :-)

--
Jani in WA

english muffin curse tert in seattle General Cooking 6 25-07-2013 12:33 AM
English Muffin Bread Boron Elgar Sourdough 5 15-01-2009 01:32 AM
English Muffin Pizza Duckie ® Recipes 0 22-06-2005 01:39 AM
English Muffin Bread 2 Tim Recipes 0 13-06-2005 01:27 PM
English Muffin Bread Dee Randall Baking 2 02-01-2004 04:35 AM