Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jam side up

One of the Jam's Barb gave me is the Peach Raspberry.
What a delightful combination of flavors. Not too sweet and has a nice
tartness to it.
I can also attest to the fact that toast made with "Melba's Jammin""
jam, lands jam side up, every time.

Melba's Jammin' on toast

http://i19.tinypic.com/2m798y0.jpg

I'm not selfish, here, have a bite.

http://i15.tinypic.com/2ztaoug.jpg

Now, wasn't that good?

http://i17.tinypic.com/4cww9s1.jpg

Koko

--
New blog in progress
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Koko > wrote:

> One of the Jam's Barb gave me is the Peach Raspberry. What a
> delightful combination of flavors. Not too sweet and has a nice
> tartness to it. I can also attest to the fact that toast made with
> "Melba's Jammin"" jam, lands jam side up, every time.

> Koko
> --
> New blog in progress
> http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
> updated 2/25

LOL! Great pics!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - Winter pic and a snow pic
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Koko" > wrote in message

> One of the Jam's Barb gave me is the Peach Raspberry.

The jam's what? What does the jam possess?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:31:19 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"Koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> One of the Jam's Barb gave me is the Peach Raspberry.

>The jam's what? What does the jam possess?

Her jam's not possessed!!!!!

Sheesh ;-)

Koko

--
New blog in progress
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
updated 2/25

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Koko" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:31:19 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Koko" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> One of the Jam's Barb gave me is the Peach Raspberry.

>>The jam's what? What does the jam possess?
>>

> Her jam's not possessed!!!!!
>
> Sheesh ;-)
>
> Koko

Well, then the "jam is" something. I wonder which?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
jay > wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:46:50 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>

> Jammin question? I have too many blackberries in the freezer that are more
> than 1.5 years old. I am ashamed that they are still in the freezer.
>
> Do you think they will still make good jam/jelly?..are should I toss 'em?
>
> Will you point me to a recipe?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jay

What do they look like? Freezer-burned beyond recognition? Put 'em in
a smoothie or something if they are.

If they're still looking ok, they'll be fine for jam. Recipe? Get a
box of Sure?Jell Fruit Pectin (powder) or a box of Certo Liquid Fruit
Pectin and follow the instructions. If they've got lots of ice
crystals, put them in a colander and give them a quick shower to get rid
of the ice crystals; defrost slowly, drain some, measure and proceed.

The instructions are different for each type. Don't use one's method
with the recipe on the other.

That's the short answer. I use frozen blackberries for my blackberry
jam and jelly - I've had blue ribbons for both. Either contact me
privately if you need more info or else check in at rec.food.preserving
where the nice people there will tell you what I just told you here. "-)

(And the picture on the jar label is 11 years old. I look better now
than then.)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - Winter pic and a snow pic
http://jamlady.eboard.com
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "Koko" > wrote in message
> >
> > One of the Jam's Barb gave me is the Peach Raspberry.

> The jam's what? What does the jam possess?

Better behavior than you, Joe. Play nice! "-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - Winter pic and a snow pic
http://jamlady.eboard.com
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>
>> "Koko" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > One of the Jam's Barb gave me is the Peach Raspberry.

>> The jam's what? What does the jam possess?

> Better behavior than you, Joe. Play nice! "-)
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

No can do, mother superior. I'm getting really tired of linguistic
pornography. People who don't know how to use an apostrophe should be thrown
in a pond full of alligators.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:14:31 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> In article >,

>>> The jam's what? What does the jam possess?

>> Better behavior than you, Joe. Play nice! "-)
>> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

>No can do, mother superior. I'm getting really tired of linguistic
>pornography. People who don't know how to use an apostrophe should be thrown
>in a pond full of alligators.

Oh, crumb. I did do that didn't I.
Not the first, nor the last. Get the alligators ready. ;-)

Koko

--
New blog in progress
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
updated 2/25

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 2:25 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article >,
>
> jay > wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:46:50 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> > Jammin question? I have too many blackberries in the freezer that are more
> > than 1.5 years old. I am ashamed that they are still in the freezer.

> > Do you think they will still make good jam/jelly?..are should I toss 'em?

> > Will you point me to a recipe?

> > Thanks,

> > jay

> What do they look like? Freezer-burned beyond recognition? Put 'em in
> a smoothie or something if they are.
>
> If they're still looking ok, they'll be fine for jam. Recipe? Get a
> box of Sure?Jell Fruit Pectin (powder) or a box of Certo Liquid Fruit
> Pectin and follow the instructions. If they've got lots of ice
> crystals, put them in a colander and give them a quick shower to get rid
> of the ice crystals; defrost slowly, drain some, measure and proceed.
>
> The instructions are different for each type. Don't use one's method
> with the recipe on the other.
>
> That's the short answer. I use frozen blackberries for my blackberry
> jam and jelly - I've had blue ribbons for both. Either contact me
> privately if you need more info or else check in at rec.food.preserving
> where the nice people there will tell you what I just told you here. "-)

I don't know about jams or jellies but a week ago I made a delightful
pie with frozen boysenberries from my freezer. They were from two
summers ago. I just picked out the ice and followed the recipe in the
Joy of Cooking.

Susan B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> The jam's what? What does the jam possess?

> > Better behavior than you, Joe. Play nice! "-)
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

> No can do, mother superior. I'm getting really tired of linguistic
> pornography. People who don't know how to use an apostrophe should be thrown
> in a pond full of alligators.

I know, I know. <sigh> I remark about those myself sometimes. It's a
curse. It's just that I know Koko's interest in good language skills
and I figure it was a momentary brain fart. You didn't pounce on
Laura\(wow\)'s misses in her Dinner offering (1:31 p.m. today). Does
that mean you're sweet on Koko? "-) Or are you just a little peevish
today?

(And who are you going to get to stand in a pond full of alligators so
they can throw the apostrophic (I made that up) offenders? Oh, wait ‹
I'll bet you meant they should be thrown inTO a pond full of alligators.
Pfffthhggbbttt!)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - Winter pic and a snow pic
http://jamlady.eboard.com
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>> > Better behavior than you, Joe. Play nice! "-)
>> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

>> No can do, mother superior. I'm getting really tired of linguistic
>> pornography. People who don't know how to use an apostrophe should be
>> thrown
>> in a pond full of alligators.

> I know, I know. <sigh> I remark about those myself sometimes. It's a
> curse. It's just that I know Koko's interest in good language skills
> and I figure it was a momentary brain fart. You didn't pounce on
> Laura\(wow\)'s misses in her Dinner offering (1:31 p.m. today). Does
> that mean you're sweet on Koko? "-) Or are you just a little peevish
> today?
>
> (And who are you going to get to stand in a pond full of alligators so
> they can throw the apostrophic (I made that up) offenders? Oh, wait ‹
> I'll bet you meant they should be thrown inTO a pond full of alligators.
> Pfffthhggbbttt!)
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

How's the wine, your grace? :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
(lots of snippage)

> >> No can do, mother superior. I'm getting really tired of linguistic
> >> pornography. People who don't know how to use an apostrophe should
> >> be thrown in a pond full of alligators.

(snip)
> > (And who are you going to get to stand in a pond full of alligators so
> > they can throw the apostrophic (I made that up) offenders? Oh, wait ‹
> > I'll bet you meant they should be thrown inTO a pond full of alligators.
> > Pfffthhggbbttt!)
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

> How's the wine, your grace? :-)

Wine? Sweet. And yours?
C'mon, Joe; if you're going to dish it out, you should be able to take
it. <grin>
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - Winter pic and a snow pic
http://jamlady.eboard.com
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> (lots of snippage)

> (snip)
>> > (And who are you going to get to stand in a pond full of alligators so
>> > they can throw the apostrophic (I made that up) offenders? Oh, wait ‹
>> > I'll bet you meant they should be thrown inTO a pond full of
>> > alligators.
>> > Pfffthhggbbttt!)
>> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

>> How's the wine, your grace? :-)

> Wine? Sweet. And yours?
> C'mon, Joe; if you're going to dish it out, you should be able to take
> it. <grin>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

I'm not dishin' it out any more than my English teacher was dishin' it. I'm
fighting obscenity. 54% of the country believes education is for "elitists",
and they voted accordingly. I'd rather not see that increase.