Old 22-02-2007, 09:07 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

Default I got sucked into buying chicken dogs.

Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1. I thought I'll try it
because it had big "Made with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package.
At home I read the fine print. Is contains more water than pork, and
more salt than beef.

So much for buying American.

Old 22-02-2007, 09:19 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

On 22 Feb 2007 13:07:25 -0800, "James" wrote:

Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1. I thought I'll try it
because it had big "Made with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package.
At home I read the fine print. Is contains more water than pork, and
more salt than beef.

So much for buying American.

Get Best Kosher dogs. Made in America.
But you gotta pay for them.
You get *one* for a buck.
The price of not eating slop.

--Vic
Old 22-02-2007, 09:54 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 22, 4:07 pm, "James" wrote:
Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1. I thought I'll try it
because it had big "Made with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package.
At home I read the fine print. Is contains more water than pork, and
more salt than beef.

So much for buying American.

You're always free to eat a broad.

Old 22-02-2007, 10:07 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

I once got sucked into marriage.

Old 22-02-2007, 10:07 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

"Al Bundy" wrote

You're always free to eat a broad.

Have we dated?

Old 22-02-2007, 11:07 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking
Van Van is offline

"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .
I once got sucked into marriage.

I got sucked out of one. . .

Old 22-02-2007, 11:56 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

"Van" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .
I once got sucked into marriage.

I got sucked out of one. . .

ahahaha!

Old 22-02-2007, 11:58 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

James wrote:
Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1. I thought I'll try it
because it had big "Made with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package.
At home I read the fine print. Is contains more water than pork, and
more salt than beef.

So much for buying American.

I am not sure what "buying American" has to do with it. Some might say
you simply got what you paid for.
Old 23-02-2007, 12:13 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 22, 3:07 pm, "James" wrote:
Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1. I thought I'll try it
because it had big "Made with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package.
At home I read the fine print. Is contains more water than pork, and
more salt than beef.

You know what happened there? You bought a package of Bar S hot dogs
for a dollar, that's what happened.

Old 23-02-2007, 12:35 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 22, 3:58 pm, George wrote:
James wrote:
Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1. I thought I'll try it
because it had big "Made with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package.
At home I read the fine print. Is contains more water than pork, and
more salt than beef.

So much for buying American.

I am not sure what "buying American" has to do with it. Some might say
you simply got what you paid for.

I try to read the labels "before" I pay for the item. Saves a lot of
time and trouble. BTW...Bar S is yucky in general...Ball Park or
store brand Beef Franks only.

Old 23-02-2007, 01:09 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

James wrote:

So much for buying American.

No - so much for not reading the ingredients
before buying.

Old 23-02-2007, 01:11 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

On 22 Feb 2007 16:13:11 -0800, "Christopher Helms"
wrote:

On Feb 22, 3:07 pm, "James" wrote:
Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1. I thought I'll try it
because it had big "Made with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package.
At home I read the fine print. Is contains more water than pork, and
more salt than beef.

You know what happened there? You bought a package of Bar S hot dogs
for a dollar, that's what happened.

Bar S is pretty sad. Farmland hot dogs can be had for a buck on sale.
They're ok for kids or maybe a quick microwaved lunch on the run.
Real hot dogs cost as per pound as steak.

Lou
Old 23-02-2007, 01:31 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

Vic Smith wrote:
On 22 Feb 2007 13:07:25 -0800, "James" wrote:

Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1. I thought I'll try it
because it had big "Made with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package.
At home I read the fine print. Is contains more water than pork, and
more salt than beef.

So much for buying American.

Get Best Kosher dogs. Made in America.
But you gotta pay for them.
You get *one* for a buck.
The price of not eating slop.

--Vic

I figure if meat is any good, there's no reason to grind it beyond
recognition in the first place. Ground meat is leftover junk by
definition. But at least "ground beef" is what it is. "Hotdog" can
mean anything.
Old 23-02-2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

(James)cried:
Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1.
I thought I'll try it because it had big "Made
with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package. At home
I read the fine print. Is contains more water than
pork, and more salt than beef.
So much for buying

American.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't live in Michigan go buy National Hebrew Hot Dogs, most
major chain stores carry this brand.
My hubby is a native of michigan raised on Koegel's from day one and
recently tried National Hebrew & said they were just as good.

I tried Best Kosher brand and wasn't impressed.

Old 23-02-2007, 02:21 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

I was just ****ed that I was fooled by an American company. I assumed
that there would be at least enough pork and beef to at least make a
taste difference. When there is less beef than salt, you know they
put it in there so they can say it's made with beef. Used to be make
in USA meant quality.

Because I have gout I try not to eat beef.

Hot dogs might be made from crap but they taste good enough to have
once a while. It's all the condiments that makes them so good.

THIS TURKEY MEATLOAF KINDA SUCKED Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] General Cooking 0 05-03-2016 04:33 PM
the food sucked Nonny Barbecue 9 17-01-2010 04:23 PM
the food sucked Brick[_3_] Barbecue 0 24-12-2009 02:53 PM
Hot Dogs Chemo the Clown General Cooking 104 19-05-2009 12:28 AM
Grilling chicken Hot dogs mikehende Barbecue 5 16-09-2005 09:54 PM