FoodBanter.com

-   -   Source of this recipe and cloves in spanish rice (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/116915-source-recipe-cloves-spanish.html)

Dora Smith 19-02-2007 05:29 AM

Source of this recipe and cloves in spanish rice

This is a near copy of my mother's old recipe for spanish rice, found in
Google. My mother is dead, and my e-mail to the web site owner could not
be delivered, and no clue where either of them got the recipe.

Does anyone know where the recipe came from?

Also, has anyone ever heard of putting cloves in Spanish rice before?
Where did such an idea come from? Not Spain?

http://www.lynnescountrykitchen.net/...anishrice.html

INGREDIENTS
4 slices bacon
1 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup minced green pepper
2 cans (2-1/2 cups) condensed tomato soup
4 whole cloves
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked rice

Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet; remove from pan and break into
bits. Add

onion and pepper to bacon drippings in pan and cook until soft.

Add bacon bits and remaining ingredients; cover and cook slowly 30 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Remove cloves and bay leaf; serve hot.

--
Yours,
Dora Smith