Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef at Home, cookbook opinion?

Thinking of picking it up, but the local bookstore does not have it, so I
can't flip through it for a preview before ordering. Does anyone have it?
Done in the same style as the show I assume? The reviews at amazon don't
really explain the book so much as just say they like it or don't like it.
Can anyone who watches the show and has the book give an opinion?

Love the show, the only cooking show I watch other than Good Eats really.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter wrote:

> Thinking of picking it up, but the local bookstore does not have it, so I
> can't flip through it for a preview before ordering. Does anyone have it?
> Done in the same style as the show I assume? The reviews at amazon don't
> really explain the book so much as just say they like it or don't like it.
> Can anyone who watches the show and has the book give an opinion?
>
> Love the show, the only cooking show I watch other than Good Eats really.

I like his show a lot, but don't have the cookbook. He seems to go
on instinct or maybe his training as a chef, by cooking without recipes
a lot. .......Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> Thinking of picking it up, but the local bookstore does not have it, so I
>> can't flip through it for a preview before ordering. Does anyone have
>> it?
>> Done in the same style as the show I assume? The reviews at amazon don't
>> really explain the book so much as just say they like it or don't like
>> it.
>> Can anyone who watches the show and has the book give an opinion?
>>
>> Love the show, the only cooking show I watch other than Good Eats really.

> I like his show a lot, but don't have the cookbook. He seems to go
> on instinct or maybe his training as a chef, by cooking without recipes
> a lot. .......Sharon

Indeed, I like his style of cooking. I'm not so much looking for start to
finish recipes, more flavour combination ideas such as he (Michael Smith)
does on the show.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter wrote:

> >> Thinking of picking it up, but the local bookstore does not have it, so I
> >> can't flip through it for a preview before ordering. Does anyone have
> >> it?
> >> Done in the same style as the show I assume? The reviews at amazon don't
> >> really explain the book so much as just say they like it or don't like
> >> it.
> >> Can anyone who watches the show and has the book give an opinion?
> >>
> >> Love the show, the only cooking show I watch other than Good Eats really.

> > I like his show a lot, but don't have the cookbook. He seems to go
> > on instinct or maybe his training as a chef, by cooking without recipes
> > a lot. .......Sharon

> Indeed, I like his style of cooking. I'm not so much looking for start to
> finish recipes, more flavour combination ideas such as he (Michael Smith)
> does on the show.

Let us know how you like the book if you get it....Sharon