Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Extra Strength pain reliever

I was just killing time in CVS while waiting on a prescription. I
happen to be wondering down an isle that had pain reliever. Every
single brand and every single box I saw was marked "extra strength"

That is what I try to get. When I get a headache I don't want to go
for a strength that "might" work

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:

> I was just killing time in CVS while waiting on a prescription. I
> happen to be wondering down an isle that had pain reliever. Every
> single brand and every single box I saw was marked "extra strength"
>
> That is what I try to get. When I get a headache I don't want to go
> for a strength that "might" work

For many years, it seemed like all paper grocery bags
were printed with the words "double strength",
presumably to allieviate the consumer of any concern
that it might be necessary to double-bag the goods.

Just checking now, I don't see that printed on any bags
around here. I guess the supermarkets finally won
that particular war against the consumer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 11, 7:45�pm, "Terry" > wrote:
> I was just killing time in CVS while waiting on a prescription. *I
> happen to be wondering down an isle that had pain reliever. *Every
> single brand and every single box I saw was marked "extra strength"
>
> That is what I try to get. *When I get a headache I don't want to go
> for a strength that "might" work

You're in the wrong store for pain relievers, two stores down is
Loomis' Liquor Depot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
"Terry" > wrote:

> I was just killing time in CVS while waiting on a prescription. I
> happen to be wondering down an isle that had pain reliever. Every
> single brand and every single box I saw was marked "extra strength"
>
> That is what I try to get. When I get a headache I don't want to go
> for a strength that "might" work

Cracks me up. A number 10 aspirin requires a prescription. A five
doesn't. Take two fives. Same thing with other pain relievers. Just
take more. Consult your doctor or pharmacist. Some are very toxic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 11, 10:03 pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article om>,
>
> "Terry" > wrote:
> > I was just killing time in CVS while waiting on a prescription. I
> > happen to be wondering down an isle that had pain reliever. Every
> > single brand and every single box I saw was marked "extra strength"

> > That is what I try to get. When I get a headache I don't want to go
> > for a strength that "might" work

> Cracks me up. A number 10 aspirin requires a prescription. A five
> doesn't. Take two fives. Same thing with other pain relievers. Just
> take more. Consult your doctor or pharmacist. Some are very toxic.

I remember when my cousin was on prescription meds for her monthly
cramps. 500mg ibuprophen.
When I had back trouble, they put me on naproxin sodium, again
prescription. Now you can buy Alleve or it's generic equivalent OTC.

All of them are very toxic if taken in too large dosages over too long
a time. I graduated to hydrocodone after that, and then to back
surgery. That finally did the trick. Now I can cook a full holiday
meal and only be tired, not in agony afterwards.

maxine in ri
OB Food: Tonight's dinner: Fresh broccoli lightly steamed, TJ's
vegetable gyozo and Boca burgers. Dessert fresh fruit and angel food
cake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> For many years, it seemed like all paper grocery bags
> were printed with the words "double strength",
> presumably to allieviate the consumer of any concern
> that it might be necessary to double-bag the goods.
>
> Just checking now, I don't see that printed on any bags
> around here. I guess the supermarkets finally won
> that particular war against the consumer.

I do a lot of shopping at the local drugstore. The checkers double bag
everything, in plastic bags. Somebody decided to save money on the
bags. If you look at them sideways, they split. So they double bag.
Even so, they underload them. I'll buy a few things, and get multiple
double bags. I'm glad they are saving money.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://s9.bitefight.pl/c.php?uid=91452

http://s9.bitefight.pl/c.php?uid=91452

http://s9.bitefight.pl/c.php?uid=91452

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I was just killing time in CVS while waiting on a prescription. I
> happen to be wondering down an isle that had pain reliever. Every
> single brand and every single box I saw was marked "extra strength"

I've always laughed at "Extra Strength" because all they do is make a bigger
pill...

And along with the obvious marketing silliness, every time I've ever been
into a laundromat all of those miniscule packages of detergent they sell are
marked something like "Giant Size." I wonder what "Regular Size" looks like?

ObFood: Someone gave me a big jar of pickled garlic and I'm wondering what
to use them in. They're darn good and it would be a shame to only use them
in things like antipasti.

Hasta,
Curt Nelson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:14:50 -0800, "Curt Nelson" <X> wrote:

>ObFood: Someone gave me a big jar of pickled garlic and I'm wondering what
>to use them in. They're darn good and it would be a shame to only use them
>in things like antipasti.

Think of them as a condiment. Have a few with a sandwich or with
pizza. They're also good in dips. My problem is I eat to many and
smell pretty strong the next day. <g>

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 12, 11:25 am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:14:50 -0800, "Curt Nelson" <X> wrote:
> >ObFood: Someone gave me a big jar of pickled garlic and I'm wondering what
> >to use them in. They're darn good and it would be a shame to only use them
> >in things like antipasti.

> Think of them as a condiment. Have a few with a sandwich or with
> pizza. They're also good in dips. My problem is I eat to many and
> smell pretty strong the next day. <g>
>
> Lou

....but I bet there aren't any werewolves hanging around you!

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > That is what I try to get. ?When I get a headache I don't want to go
> > for a strength that "might" work

> You're in the wrong store for pain relievers, two stores down is
> Loomis' Liquor Depot.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had today ;-)

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 Feb 2007 09:42:28 -0800, "Nancy2" >
wrote:

>On Feb 12, 11:25 am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:14:50 -0800, "Curt Nelson" <X> wrote:
>> >ObFood: Someone gave me a big jar of pickled garlic and I'm wondering what
>> >to use them in. They're darn good and it would be a shame to only use them
>> >in things like antipasti.

>> Think of them as a condiment. Have a few with a sandwich or with
>> pizza. They're also good in dips. My problem is I eat to many and
>> smell pretty strong the next day. <g>
>>
>> Lou

>...but I bet there aren't any werewolves hanging around you!
>
>N.

After eating a dozen cloves NOBODY hangs around me.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:25:57 GMT, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:14:50 -0800, "Curt Nelson" <X> wrote:
>

>>ObFood: Someone gave me a big jar of pickled garlic and I'm wondering what
>>to use them in. They're darn good and it would be a shame to only use them
>>in things like antipasti.

>Think of them as a condiment. Have a few with a sandwich or with
>pizza. They're also good in dips. My problem is I eat to many and
>smell pretty strong the next day. <g>
>
>Lou

do you have any favorite brand(s)?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> On 12 Feb 2007 09:42:28 -0800, "Nancy2" >
> wrote:

> >> Think of them as a condiment. Have a few with a sandwich or with
> >> pizza. They're also good in dips. My problem is I eat to many and
> >> smell pretty strong the next day. <g>
> >>
> >> Lou

> >...but I bet there aren't any werewolves hanging around you!
> >
> >N.

> After eating a dozen cloves NOBODY hangs around me.

My wife and I have a rule. I eat garlic, she eats garlic. Otherwise I
hear complaints.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:26:57 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:25:57 GMT, Lou Decruss >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:14:50 -0800, "Curt Nelson" <X> wrote:
>>

>>>ObFood: Someone gave me a big jar of pickled garlic and I'm wondering what
>>>to use them in. They're darn good and it would be a shame to only use them
>>>in things like antipasti.

>>Think of them as a condiment. Have a few with a sandwich or with
>>pizza. They're also good in dips. My problem is I eat to many and
>>smell pretty strong the next day. <g>
>>
>>Lou

>do you have any favorite brand(s)?

I go to a store that has sections of products with words I don't
understand. <g> Greek, Polish etc. Can't go wrong. One brand that's
pretty good is Mezzetti. I can never remember how to spell the name
right though. Last time I spelled it wrong Dan Able helped out.
Hopefully he's reading this.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:03:28 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:

>My wife and I have a rule. I eat garlic, she eats garlic. Otherwise I
>hear complaints.

Luckily Louise loves garlic too. Once in awhile I get carried away
and even she complains and asks me to go shower. But that really
doesn't help much. I once woke up and she was on the couch. She
couldn't sleep I was so bad even after a shower. LOL

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:26:57 GMT, blake murphy >
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:25:57 GMT, Lou Decruss >
> >wrote:

> >>Think of them as a condiment. Have a few with a sandwich or with
> >>pizza. They're also good in dips. My problem is I eat to many and
> >>smell pretty strong the next day. <g>
> >>
> >>Lou

> >do you have any favorite brand(s)?

> I go to a store that has sections of products with words I don't
> understand. <g> Greek, Polish etc. Can't go wrong. One brand that's
> pretty good is Mezzetti. I can never remember how to spell the name
> right though. Last time I spelled it wrong Dan Able helped out.
> Hopefully he's reading this.
>
> Lou

Of course, it helps if you spell my name right.

http://www.mezzetta.com/about/index.html

Didn't see any pickled garlic. They have olives stuffed with garlic
though. I like those.