Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Aglio, olio e peperoncino...?

Aglio, olio e peperoncino...?

In Italy usually when we say aglio, olio e peperoncino means that we
propose to cook "spaghetti with oil, garlic and red chilly (hot chilly
uh).
In most of the case is considered the "friends" dish; when, at
midnight, you still... have friends at home it's very common to say:
aglio, olio e peperoncino...? No one refuse !
So, we start preparing all the ingredients:
1 - not less than 1 clove of garlic/person - each gloves cut in
pieces (I use to cut in 12 pieces);
2 - 1, ½ / tablespoon of oil/person;
3 - peperoncino, as you like..;
4 - 80/100 g. spaghetti (I like the vermicelli)/person;
5 - parmigiano reggiano.
Preparation:
Put a pot with abundant water at high heat, salt (I use 10 g/liter)
and a soon the water start boil
put a pan enough bigger at medium heat and live it to warm up, a soon
it's lukewarm put the oil.
When the oil it's warm put the garlic (pay attention to avoid that the
oil make smoke - to be sure put in a pc. of garlic in the pan and when
it start fry is ok) and peperoncino.
If available use a wooden spoon mix the garlic. (garlic must be light
brown).
When the water boil put in the spaghetti than everyone of you is able
to cook a bit of spaghetti, but what it's really important is to avoid
to cook them to much: they must be cooked "al dente" (still slightly
firm) more or less 7 minutes.
Now, if you followed this process spaghetti and garlic should be
ready at the same moment then with a big fork bring the spaghetti and
put them in the pan together with the garlic, mix them and, after 1
minutes, a snow of parmigiano, mix again for an other minute and
serve. (if needed add a bit of the spaghetti water).

Enjoy!
golden

p.s.: red wine is recommended