Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Digiorno Frozen Pizza

I just got a garlic bread supreme pizza. I was disappointed at the
first looks. The toppings on the pizza looked much skimpier than the
ones on the box. There were toppings in the middle but around the
edge for at least an inch and a half was just cheese.

I put is on the oven rack and baked it for about 23 min. It turned
out very well. I just wish they had used more toppings.

I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
> I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
> say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

no.. you did cook it, that is cooking.
lol

I don't like Digirono, it's too salty

I posted once about a Freschetta pizza

I like Red Baron better than any of them...
although there are others that are right up there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
> I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
> say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

I take that back, you know what's the best store bought pizza?.. Chef Boy
Ardee

Oh heck yeah!

We used to buy extra ingredients to put on them.
The sauce is good, the dough is good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
"Terry" > wrote:

> I put is on the oven rack and baked it for about 23 min. It turned
> out very well. I just wish they had used more toppings.

You can add more toppings if you like. I'd probably wait ten minutes
while the pizza was cooking for a frozen pizza cooked for 23 minutes,
pull out the rack and spread whatever else I wanted. Then cook thirteen
minutes more.

> I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
> say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

Making a meal that you enjoy is the embodiment of cooking.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message

> Making a meal that you enjoy is the embodiment of cooking.
>
> leo

Certainly!

I want to buy one of those heavier round pans with the holes in it.

Then again.. frozen pizzas do well on just the oven rack.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pijewlchio" > wrote in message

> "Terry" > wrote in message
>> I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
>> say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

> no.. you did cook it, that is cooking.
> lol
>
> I don't like Digirono, it's too salty
>
> I posted once about a Freschetta pizza
>
> I like Red Baron better than any of them...
> although there are others that are right up there.

Freschetta has a bunch of anise, or some odd spice, very
tasty.

I like Digiorno just fine. The thin whole wheat crust is
GREAT! Also the rising crust.

Red Baron, on the other hand, has the best toppings, but is
annoying because 3/4 of the time the self-rising crust
doesn't!

(Not that we eat any frozen pizza around here, hahahaha!)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 4, 11:43�pm, "Pijewlchio" > wrote:
> "Terry" > wrote in message
> > I *know some here would not even consider this cooking. *I am sad to
> > say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

> no.. you did cook it, that is cooking.
> lol
>
> I don't like Digirono, it's too salty

I don't like Digiorno pizza either. I've never noticed it being salty
though. I don't like it because it tastes too sweet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry said...

> I just got a garlic bread supreme pizza. I was disappointed at the
> first looks. The toppings on the pizza looked much skimpier than the
> ones on the box. There were toppings in the middle but around the
> edge for at least an inch and a half was just cheese.
>
> I put is on the oven rack and baked it for about 23 min. It turned
> out very well. I just wish they had used more toppings.
>
> I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
> say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

I've made the Digiorno small self-rising supreme pizzas on occasion.

There's something weird about them. I can barely eat half of it. I think
the crust continues to rise while eating it!

In town I can eat two jumbo slices of traditional supreme pizza (equal to
or larger than a whole mini Digiorno).

The toppings ARE sparse. I always rearrange them.

I've also tried the garlic thin crust version too. Still very filling (thin
but denser crust??). Why they couldn't make it round is beyond me. I carved
it into "toast point" pizza slices! Who likes a no crust center piece
dripping on all sides?!? That and I had to garlic up the pizza out of the
oven to taste any garlic. The BUMS!!!

YMMV,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 5, 5:28 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Terry said...
>
> > I just got a garlic bread supreme pizza. I was disappointed at the
> > first looks. The toppings on the pizza looked much skimpier than the
> > ones on the box. There were toppings in the middle but around the
> > edge for at least an inch and a half was just cheese.

> > I put is on the oven rack and baked it for about 23 min. It turned
> > out very well. I just wish they had used more toppings.

> > I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
> > say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

> I've made the Digiorno small self-rising supreme pizzas on occasion.
>
> There's something weird about them. I can barely eat half of it. I think
> the crust continues to rise while eating it!
>
> In town I can eat two jumbo slices of traditional supreme pizza (equal to
> or larger than a whole mini Digiorno).
>
> The toppings ARE sparse. I always rearrange them.
>
> I've also tried the garlic thin crust version too. Still very filling (thin
> but denser crust??). Why they couldn't make it round is beyond me. I carved
> it into "toast point" pizza slices! Who likes a no crust center piece
> dripping on all sides?!? That and I had to garlic up the pizza out of the
> oven to taste any garlic. The BUMS!!!
>
> YMMV,
>
> Andy

They make them square so they will fit in a toaster oven.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

next time try:
BRICKOVEN FIVE ITALIAN CHEESES.

we add all the stuff we want on top!

--

"Terry" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I just got a garlic bread supreme pizza. I was disappointed at the
> first looks. The toppings on the pizza looked much skimpier than the
> ones on the box. There were toppings in the middle but around the
> edge for at least an inch and a half was just cheese.
>
> I put is on the oven rack and baked it for about 23 min. It turned
> out very well. I just wish they had used more toppings.
>
> I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
> say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I just got a garlic bread supreme pizza. I was disappointed at the
> first looks. The toppings on the pizza looked much skimpier than the
> ones on the box. There were toppings in the middle but around the
> edge for at least an inch and a half was just cheese.
>
> I put is on the oven rack and baked it for about 23 min. It turned
> out very well. I just wish they had used more toppings.
>
> I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
> say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

If that was the best thing, what were some of the other things you've made
this week?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pijewlchio wrote:
> "Terry" > wrote in message
>> I know some here would not even consider this cooking. I am sad to
>> say this is the best thing I have fixed this week.

> no.. you did cook it, that is cooking.
> lol
>
> I don't like Digirono, it's too salty
>
> I posted once about a Freschetta pizza
>
> I like Red Baron better than any of them...
> although there are others that are right up there.

I find DiGiorno too salty as well. Freschetta always sets my tummy off, so
I can't eat that, either. All of our Kash N Karry supermarkets have changed
to Sweet Bay and they have their own brand (Hammerlind or something) and
I've tried their frozen pizza. It isn't bad. I still add more cheese, I
add onion, mushrooms, garlic, olives and usually a little oregano, but for
the price and the taste, I like it better than DiGiorno or Fruschetta.

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" >
> I find DiGiorno too salty as well. Freschetta always sets my tummy off,

so
> I can't eat that, either. All of our Kash N Karry supermarkets have

changed
> to Sweet Bay and they have their own brand (Hammerlind or something) and
> I've tried their frozen pizza. It isn't bad. I still add more cheese, I
> add onion, mushrooms, garlic, olives and usually a little oregano, but for
> the price and the taste, I like it better than DiGiorno or Fruschetta.

There you go!

Fresh garlic is really good on pizza, and shrooms... mmmm
you got me wanting one like that.

I adore pine-apple and canadian ham on a thick bready crust; so long as
there's plenty of tasty sauce.
I also like a good white or spinach pizza.