Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spring Roll Recipes

The other day I was watching one of those oriental cooking shows, and
became interested in trying to make some Spring Rolls.

Do any of you have favorite recipes for these?

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Check this out: http://chowtimes.com/2006/03/spring_rolls.html

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> The other day I was watching one of those oriental cooking shows, and
> became interested in trying to make some Spring Rolls.
>
> Do any of you have favorite recipes for these?
>
> Myrl Jeffcoat
> http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wonderful recipe, but missing a couple tablespoons of peanut butter.

--

"Ben Yap" > wrote in message
> Check this out: http://chowtimes.com/2006/03/spring_rolls.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks one and all for your recipes. I'm anxious to try them. Wish
me luck, I've never created a Spring Roll in my life.

It was Yan that was on the particular cooking show I watched. I tried
to find this particular recipe on the net, but could not find it at
all.

I know he used a half banana, stacked two butterfly shrimp on the
banana, drizzled some Mango preserves on it, rolled it, and fried it.
It seemed there were a couple of other steps, but I didn't write fast
enough, and I missed 'em.

But along with your recipes, and perhaps an improvised version of
Yan's Banana/Shrimp/Mango Spring Roll, it ought to be an adventure.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 3:50 am, wrote:
> The other day I was watching one of those oriental cooking shows, and
> became interested in trying to make some Spring Rolls.
>
> Do any of you have favorite recipes for these?
>
> Myrl Jeffcoathttp://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Do a search for spring rolls on youtube.com and you'll see some
interesting options. I tend to make "available spring rolls," sorta
like I make vegetable soup.

David

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 7:50 pm, wrote:
> Do any of you have favorite recipes for these?

Hi Myrl,
I posted my spring roll recipe under Signature Dishes on the
(unofficial) rfc website to Chatty Cathy...

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/sigs/L...g%20Rolls.html

I make a day of spring roll making (thankfully have ample freezer
space) usually with my daughter and occasionally my mum.
It's remarkably therapeutic to cook/prepare as a group... and passes
the 'wrapping' in a most congenial way!

The only drawback these days is that I get regular requests for my
spring rolls - the commercially prepared ones just aren't as nice
according to the ravening hoardes at my place. So you could be setting
yourself up for years/decades or spring roll making, for you and your
family/friends!!

good luck - enjoy the fruits of your labours

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"