Old 29-01-2007, 12:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cinnamon roasted toast with lime marinated banana and yoghurt

This is supposed to be a thai breakfast. I don't know about that, but it
is refreshing nonetheless.

Cinnamon roasted toast with lime marinated banana and yoghurt

2 bananas
2 tbsp light syrup
1 lime
4 ps toast bread
1 tbsp butter
4 tsp sugar with cinnamon
3 tbsp greek yoghurt or thick creme fraiche

Stir together the syrup and lime juice with grated peel.
Slice the bananas and marinate them in the lime mixture.

Heat the pan, add butter and cinnamon-sugar. Roast the breadslices on
the pan.

Put the bread on plates, add yoghurt/creme fraiche, Place bananas on top
and decorate with a buit of the lime syrup and sprinkle with
cinnamon-sugar and perhaps a mint leaf.

Music, Recipes, Photos, and mo

http://www.sequoiagrove.dk

"You donīt frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons
of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and
all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!"

Old 29-01-2007, 12:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen wrote:
This is supposed to be a thai breakfast. I don't know about that, but
it is refreshing nonetheless.

Cinnamon roasted toast with lime marinated banana and yoghurt

2 bananas
2 tbsp light syrup
1 lime
4 ps toast bread
1 tbsp butter
4 tsp sugar with cinnamon
3 tbsp greek yoghurt or thick creme fraiche

Stir together the syrup and lime juice with grated peel.
Slice the bananas and marinate them in the lime mixture.

Heat the pan, add butter and cinnamon-sugar. Roast the breadslices on
the pan.

Put the bread on plates, add yoghurt/creme fraiche, Place bananas on
top and decorate with a buit of the lime syrup and sprinkle with
cinnamon-sugar and perhaps a mint leaf.

Thais might use cinnamon but as I recall butter was not a big part of their
diet, nor was creme fraiche. Although we did have a cook whose 3 year old
son ate butter like candy... she had to hunt for it, though. Bananas, yes.
"Monkey" bananas (only about 3 inches in length).

Jill

Volcanic cinnamon toast Christopher M.[_5_] General Cooking 0 23-11-2013 03:55 PM
Lime Marinated Seafood [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 07-07-2007 09:42 PM
Overnight Cinnamon French Toast with Cinnamon Syrup MAsh Recipes (moderated) 0 28-08-2005 05:05 AM
Cinnamon Toast Strata Tim Recipes 0 25-06-2005 05:49 PM
Yoghurt Marinated Shrimp Skewers Chris Recipes (moderated) 0 13-04-2004 03:26 PM