Old 26-01-2007, 04:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Substitutes for Mushrooms?

I have family members who are always picking out the mushrooms for any
thing I cook.

What is a good substitute when mushrooms are called for in a recipe?

Drake

Old 26-01-2007, 09:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message
I have family members who are always picking out the mushrooms for any
thing I cook.

What is a good substitute when mushrooms are called for in a recipe?

I suppose that all depends on the recipe. You could just leave them out.
Or you could sub in more of whatever other veggies are in there. Or add a
little more meat.

Old 26-01-2007, 12:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message
I have family members who are always picking out the mushrooms for any
thing I cook.

What is a good substitute when mushrooms are called for in a recipe?

chop up the mushrooms really fine.

Old 26-01-2007, 01:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

DrakesLair wrote:
I have family members who are always picking out the mushrooms for any
thing I cook.

What is a good substitute when mushrooms are called for in a recipe?

Without knowing the particular recipe all anyone can suggest is
ommission and/or wild speculation. Me, I'd force feed.... whaddaya
mean you won't eat it... eat every bit or yer gonna sit there till you
die. If your husband is bigger than you then withold sex till he eats
your 'shroom. hehe

Sheldon

Old 26-01-2007, 04:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:

Why deprive the mushroom lovers? I'd just let them pick 'em out.
Some people are too fussy for their own good.

I may have told this story before, about a former coworker who came to work
one night in a foul mood. His son worked with us too and spilled the beans
about why the old man was in such a snit. It seems that he wife had made
Beef Stroganoff for dinner that night. When he went back for his fourth
helping, the son tossed a couple of mushrooms on his plate and said "Here,
if you like mushrooms so much have some of mine". Mort flipped out. He
hates mushrooms. He was angry with his wife for serving him mushrooms
because she knows he hates them. That didn't stop him for having three
helpings and going back for another.

My younger brother used to hate shrimp. I don't think he would even give a
try. One evening we went out for Chinese food with some friends and came
back with leftovers. He opened up one box and told me I had to try it. It
was the most delicious thing he had ever had in his life...... deep fried
shrimp.
Old 26-01-2007, 05:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Hello, Dave!
You wrote on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:52:35 -0500:

DS Puester wrote:
??
?? Why deprive the mushroom lovers? I'd just let them pick
?? 'em out. Some people are too fussy for their own good.

DS I may have told this story before, about a former coworker
DS who came to work one night in a foul mood.
DS His son worked with us too and spilled the beans about why
DS the old man was in such a snit.
DS My younger brother used to hate shrimp. I don't think he
DS would even give a
try. One evening we went out for Chinese
DS food with some friends and came
back with leftovers. He
DS opened up one box and told me I had to try it. It
was the
DS most delicious thing he had ever had in his life...... deep
DS fried
shrimp.

It is surprising how conservative people can be! It took me many
years before I actually tried sushi that I love now and even
longer before I tried an uncooked oyster. It's only the price
that prevents me from pigging out on oysters too!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Old 26-01-2007, 05:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
"Gil Faver" wrote:

wrote in message
I have family members who are always picking out the mushrooms for any
thing I cook.

What is a good substitute when mushrooms are called for in a recipe?

chop up the mushrooms really fine.

No.

Not even _I_ would try to sneak in something on someone that did not
like it. :-)

Altho' mom used to do that to me with bell peppers. <G
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 26-01-2007, 07:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
What is a good substitute when mushrooms are called for in a recipe?

Foreskins, of all ethnicities... delicate orientals, cheesey guineas,
chalky whites, greasy mexicans, smelly moslem porcines, big bad blacks,
cute kikes, etc.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Sheldon

Old 26-01-2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

wrote:
What is a good substitute when mushrooms are called for in a recipe?

Foreskins, of all ethnicities... delicate orientals, cheesey guineas,
chalky whites, greasy mexicans, smelly moslem porcines, big bad blacks,
cute kikes, etc.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

GAWD...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Old 26-01-2007, 08:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om,
"Sheldon" wrote:

wrote:
What is a good substitute when mushrooms are called for in a recipe?

Foreskins, of all ethnicities... delicate orientals, cheesey guineas,
chalky whites, greasy mexicans, smelly moslem porcines, big bad blacks,
cute kikes, etc.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Sheldon

Shel' baby, please go take your meds. ;-)

You probably forgot the last dose.

<lol
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Substitutes, help please! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 202 08-04-2012 04:51 PM
Substitutes for Mushrooms? Gil Faver General Cooking 0 27-01-2007 11:43 PM
Spinach substitutes Blair P. Houghton General Cooking 6 29-09-2006 01:00 AM
Sugar Substitutes Snarfweazel! Baking 2 07-07-2004 01:29 PM
Egg Substitutes for the Pancakes. andy.mich Recipes (moderated) 0 25-10-2003 01:50 AM