Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Apple juice cause soft stool?

I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Thanks,
Rusty
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty James" > wrote in message
>I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
> change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?
>
> Thanks,
> Rusty

How much is a lot and what other fruits are you eating?

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty James" > wrote in message
>I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
> change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
err,
"binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of a
good thing?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
> err,
> "binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of a
> good thing?

We were taught in nursing school that apple juice has a laxative effect,
whereas apple sauce, cooked with the peel which contains pectin, has the
opposite effect.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty James" > wrote in message
>I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
> change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Yes

Tori

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:30:36 -0500, Rusty James
> wrote:

>I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
>change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Not being a physician...it is difficult to diagnose your EXACT
symptom. What did YOUR doctor have to say?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rusty James wrote:
> I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
> change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?
>
> Thanks,
> Rusty

Nah... you're just suffering from Anal Rust... you need to meet with a
couple of gays, they'll plug you up. hehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Rusty James > wrote:

> I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
> change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?
>
> Thanks,
> Rusty

Yes.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "Rusty James" > wrote in message
> >I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
> > change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?
> >

> It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
> err,
> "binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of a
> good thing?

Try a diet of pure fruit and fruit juices for a couple of days...;-)
Just don't stray far from a toilet.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>>I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
>>>change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?
>>>

>>It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
>>err,
>>"binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of a
>>good thing?

> Try a diet of pure fruit and fruit juices for a couple of days...;-)
> Just don't stray far from a toilet.

Liquids and fiber will do that to ya. Most people don't get enough of
either and are "surprised" when they do....

Dawn

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty James" > wrote in message
> I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
> change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

When I was a kid growing up in a very rural part of NH, raw apple juice was
a cure for constipation. One big glass of that stuff and you were back to
normal in no time.

An apple a day really does keep the doctor away.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The doctor called it "Grandparents syndrome" when my kids were little,
because they give them too much juice. Doc suggested one glass of juice a
day.

Lynne

"Rusty James" > wrote in message
>I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
> change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?
>
> Thanks,
> Rusty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:45:20 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

writes:
>>On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:30:36 -0500, Rusty James
> wrote:
>>
>>>I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
>>>change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

>>Not being a physician...it is difficult to diagnose your EXACT
>>symptom. What did YOUR doctor have to say?

>I agree. We need to know EXACTLY how soft these stools are.

Like very soft mud. Usually a very big soft plug (muddy) will fire out
all over and then massive loud farts and more mud. I usually do this
in the a.m after having gotten up. About three times doing the above
and then I feel safe to go out. Hard plugs are easier to hold in.

I've been drinking about a half gallon of apple juice a day instead of
pop. I started the change about a week ago.

I bought some Coke today. I hope that helps.

Rusty (and crusty, somewhat)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Rusty James" > wrote in message
>>I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
>> change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?
>>

> It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
> err,
> "binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of
> a good thing?

Apple *juice* tends to cause diarrhea. Apple *sauce* is binding (hence it
is part of the BRAT diet used to treat diarrhea- bananas, rice, applesauce,
toast). It has something to do with the cooking process cooking out the
pectin, or something similar. Don't quote me on that.

laurie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Rusty James" > wrote in message
>

> When I was a kid growing up in a very rural part of NH, raw apple juice
> was
> a cure for constipation. One big glass of that stuff and you were back to
> normal in no time.
>
> An apple a day really does keep the doctor away.
>
> Paul

Where in NH? I lived in way upstate NH (just north of Lancaster) for 3
years.

laurie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"laurie" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Rusty James" > wrote in message
> >

> > When I was a kid growing up in a very rural part of NH, raw apple juice
> > was
> > a cure for constipation. One big glass of that stuff and you were back

> > normal in no time.
> >
> > An apple a day really does keep the doctor away.
> >
> > Paul

> Where in NH? I lived in way upstate NH (just north of Lancaster) for 3
> years.

Central NH, near Hanover. Small town near the Vermont border called Cornish
Flats. We were there from 68 to 70 while my father was a teacher at
Dartmouth.

Very sorry we ever left that part of the country. Many fond memories of
rural splendor.

Paul