Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I need something made with chocolate

One time on Usenet, Steve Wertz > said:
> I've got a 7lb bag of Nestle semi-sweet morsels, 2 eggs,
> condensed milk, peanuts, and all the normal baking supplies
> (flour, sugar, butter, baking soda, brown sugar, etc..) Plus a
> can of cherry pie filling (which might even still be OK). No
> regular milk or cocoa, though.
>
> Sure - I could make chocolate chip cookies, but I'm out of milk
> to wash them down.
>
> While I'm making toffee, y'all can think up something, right?

Do you have any grated coconut? These are really good:

Hello Dolly Bars

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen

1/2 C. butter, melted
1 1/2 C. graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 C. chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans are great)
1 C. chocolate chips
1-1/3 C. shredded coconut
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix butter, graham gracker crumbs, and
cinnamon until well blended. Press mixture into bottom of an ungreased
9 X 13" baking dish to form a thin crust. Layer with nuts, chocolate
chips, then coconut. In a small bowl, mix condensed milk with vanilla.
Pour evenly over top of bars; bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly
golden.

--
Jani in WA