Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tangerine Smoothie

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> Tangerine-Mango Dream Smoothie
>
> 1 C tangerine juice
> 2 bananas (peel before freezing)
> 1 C mango, diced, frozen

I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana and some "light
orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very nice breakfast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Goomba38 > said:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
> > Tangerine-Mango Dream Smoothie
> >
> > 1 C tangerine juice
> > 2 bananas (peel before freezing)
> > 1 C mango, diced, frozen
> >

> I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana and some "light
> orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very nice breakfast.

That sounds nice -- now that I have a stick blender, I'll have to try
something like that for breakfast...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:
> One time on Usenet, Goomba38 > said:
> > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> >
> > > Tangerine-Mango Dream Smoothie
> > >
> > > 1 C tangerine juice
> > > 2 bananas (peel before freezing)
> > > 1 C mango, diced, frozen
> > >

> > I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana and some "light
> > orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very nice breakfast.

> That sounds nice -- now that I have a stick blender, I'll have to try
> something like that for breakfast...
>
> --
> Jani in WA

I just found my stick blender, but for smoothies, I use a 16 or 24 oz
jar that will fit the Ball canning lids. It fits perfectly on my
blender, and works like a charm. Plus, then I only have three things
to wash, instead of the whole assemblage!

Latest one: strawberries, yogurt, pear nectar, crystalized ginger.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hello, Michael!
You wrote on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:51:46 GMT:

??>> I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana
??>> and some "light orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very
??>> nice breakfast.

MDL> I like frozen bananas and strawberries the best. I've
MDL> never used yogurt in a smoothie. Thanks for the tip. I'll
MDL> try it next time.

I'll admit I mentioned this in another thread about breakfast
but I find that blending in bran cereal to the yoghurt-banana
smoothie makes for a more substantial and rather good breakfast.
If you don't like bran cereal, all bets are off, of course :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Hello, Michael!
> You wrote on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:51:46 GMT:
>
> ??>> I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana
> ??>> and some "light orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very
> ??>> nice breakfast.
>
> MDL> I like frozen bananas and strawberries the best. I've
> MDL> never used yogurt in a smoothie. Thanks for the tip. I'll
> MDL> try it next time.
>
> I'll admit I mentioned this in another thread about breakfast
> but I find that blending in bran cereal to the yoghurt-banana
> smoothie makes for a more substantial and rather good breakfast.
> If you don't like bran cereal, all bets are off, of course :-)
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

Not that I don't like cereals, but the texture of a smoothie with added
bran
of any sort is off-putting. It's more fun to nibble the cereal and
wash it
down with the smoothie!

maxine in ri

Healthy smoothie recipe : durian smoothie TheSkinnyCook General Cooking 10 19-01-2007 06:30 AM
Tangerine Smoothie [email protected] General Cooking 0 18-01-2007 06:38 AM
Tangerine Smoothie Reg General Cooking 0 17-01-2007 05:40 PM
Healthy smoothie recipe : durian smoothie TheSkinnyCook Recipes 1 09-01-2007 03:13 PM
Healthy smoothie recipe : durian smoothie TheSkinnyCook Asian Cooking 0 09-01-2007 11:22 AM