Old 17-01-2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tangerine Smoothie

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

Tangerine-Mango Dream Smoothie

1 C tangerine juice
2 bananas (peel before freezing)
1 C mango, diced, frozen

I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana and some "light
orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very nice breakfast.

Old 17-01-2007, 07:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Goomba38 said:
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

Tangerine-Mango Dream Smoothie

1 C tangerine juice
2 bananas (peel before freezing)
1 C mango, diced, frozen

I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana and some "light
orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very nice breakfast.

That sounds nice -- now that I have a stick blender, I'll have to try
something like that for breakfast...

--
Jani in WA
Old 17-01-2007, 07:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:
One time on Usenet, Goomba38 said:
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

Tangerine-Mango Dream Smoothie

1 C tangerine juice
2 bananas (peel before freezing)
1 C mango, diced, frozen

I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana and some "light
orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very nice breakfast.

That sounds nice -- now that I have a stick blender, I'll have to try
something like that for breakfast...

--
Jani in WA

I just found my stick blender, but for smoothies, I use a 16 or 24 oz
jar that will fit the Ball canning lids. It fits perfectly on my
blender, and works like a charm. Plus, then I only have three things
to wash, instead of the whole assemblage!

Latest one: strawberries, yogurt, pear nectar, crystalized ginger.

maxine in ri

Old 17-01-2007, 10:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Hello, Michael!
You wrote on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:51:46 GMT:

?? I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana
?? and some "light orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very
?? nice breakfast.

MDL I like frozen bananas and strawberries the best. I've
MDL never used yogurt in a smoothie. Thanks for the tip. I'll
MDL try it next time.

I'll admit I mentioned this in another thread about breakfast
but I find that blending in bran cereal to the yoghurt-banana
smoothie makes for a more substantial and rather good breakfast.
If you don't like bran cereal, all bets are off, of course :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Old 18-01-2007, 03:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
Hello, Michael!
You wrote on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:51:46 GMT:

?? I make smoothies using plain, fat free yogurt, a banana
?? and some "light orange juice" and a couple ice cubes. Very
?? nice breakfast.

MDL I like frozen bananas and strawberries the best. I've
MDL never used yogurt in a smoothie. Thanks for the tip. I'll
MDL try it next time.

I'll admit I mentioned this in another thread about breakfast
but I find that blending in bran cereal to the yoghurt-banana
smoothie makes for a more substantial and rather good breakfast.
If you don't like bran cereal, all bets are off, of course :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Not that I don't like cereals, but the texture of a smoothie with added
bran
of any sort is off-putting. It's more fun to nibble the cereal and
wash it
down with the smoothie!

maxine in ri

Healthy smoothie recipe : durian smoothie TheSkinnyCook General Cooking 10 19-01-2007 05:30 AM
Tangerine Smoothie [email protected] General Cooking 0 18-01-2007 05:38 AM
Tangerine Smoothie Reg General Cooking 0 17-01-2007 04:40 PM
Healthy smoothie recipe : durian smoothie TheSkinnyCook Recipes 1 09-01-2007 02:13 PM
Healthy smoothie recipe : durian smoothie TheSkinnyCook Asian Cooking 0 09-01-2007 10:22 AM