Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you make day old pastries crispy again

I am eating an apple cheese Danish as I am writing this. They are a
couple of days old. I saved them in the fridge, but the crust is no
longer crispy as it was originally. I have tried putting it in the
microwave but that doesn't seem to help, except for making it warm.

Is there any way I can make the crust crispy again?

Thanks ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> I am eating an apple cheese Danish as I am writing this. They are a
> couple of days old. I saved them in the fridge, but the crust is no
> longer crispy as it was originally. I have tried putting it in the
> microwave but that doesn't seem to help, except for making it warm.
>
> Is there any way I can make the crust crispy again?
>
> Thanks ...

Oven heating.

The microwave is useless for that.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> I am eating an apple cheese Danish as I am writing this. They are a
> couple of days old. I saved them in the fridge, but the crust is no
> longer crispy as it was originally. I have tried putting it in the
> microwave but that doesn't seem to help, except for making it warm.
>
> Is there any way I can make the crust crispy again?

Under The Broiler

Oh when the sun beats down and burns the tar up on the roof
And your shoes get so hot you wish your tired feet were fire-proof
Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, yeah
On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be

(Under the broiler) out of the sun
(Under the broiler) we'll be havin' some fun
(Under the broiler) people walking above
(Under the broiler) we'll be making love
Under the broil-er, broil-er!

>From the park you hear the happy sound of a carousel

Mm-mm, you can almost taste the hot dogs and French fries they sell
Under the broiler, down by the sea
On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be

(Under the broiler) out of the sun
(Under the broiler) we'll be havin' some fun
(Under the broiler) people walking above
(Under the broiler) we'll be making love
Under the broil-er, broil-er!

Oooooh, under the broiler, down by the sea, yeah
On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be

(Under the broiler) out of the sun
(Under the broiler we'll be havin' some fun
(Under the broiler) people walking above
(Under the broiler) we'll be falling in love
Under the broil-er, broil-er!
---The Snifters

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14 Jan 2007 08:42:50 -0800, "
> wrote:

>I am eating an apple cheese Danish as I am writing this. They are a
>couple of days old. I saved them in the fridge, but the crust is no
>longer crispy as it was originally. I have tried putting it in the
>microwave but that doesn't seem to help, except for making it warm.
>
>Is there any way I can make the crust crispy again?

Toaster oven. Alternatively, your regular oven. The MW will just
make 'em soggy.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> I am eating an apple cheese Danish as I am writing this. They are a
> couple of days old. I saved them in the fridge, but the crust is no
> longer crispy as it was originally. I have tried putting it in the
> microwave but that doesn't seem to help, except for making it warm.
>
> Is there any way I can make the crust crispy again?

Stick them in a hot oven for a few minutes. That crisps them up a
little. I do not use the microwave for things like that. It
destroys them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article .com>,
> " > wrote:
>
>> I am eating an apple cheese Danish as I am writing this. They are a
>> couple of days old. I saved them in the fridge, but the crust is no
>> longer crispy as it was originally. I have tried putting it in the
>> microwave but that doesn't seem to help, except for making it warm.
>>
>> Is there any way I can make the crust crispy again?
>>
>> Thanks ...

> Oven heating.
>
> The microwave is useless for that.

Ditto.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

> Toaster oven. Alternatively, your regular oven. The MW will just
> make 'em soggy.
>
> TammyM

Oh, yeah. I just brought out the little thing out of storage a few
days ago. I'll give that a try.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-01-14, > wrote:

> days ago. I'll give that a try.

Not only good for old pastries, but I toast my fresh pastries, too.
Doesn't hurt to add a pat of real butter.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

> schreef in bericht
oups.com...
>I am eating an apple cheese Danish as I am writing this. They are a
> couple of days old. I saved them in the fridge, but the crust is no
> longer crispy as it was originally. I have tried putting it in the
> microwave but that doesn't seem to help, except for making it warm.
>
> Is there any way I can make the crust crispy again?

Those things just don't keep well for long, and the fridge is likely to make
them soggy. Or soggier than they would be outside the fridge.

Next time, buy less or use the info peoplpe have posten above

> Thanks ...

HOW DO I MAKE CRISPY BREADED ORANGE CHICKEN WINGS??? BRANDY Recipes 5 27-01-2013 12:34 AM
HOW DO I MAKE BREADED CRISPY ORANGE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS meteore General Cooking 1 05-10-2011 05:11 PM
Pastries with a Purpose! LAG Tea 0 26-02-2010 09:04 PM
How to make thick, crunchy/crispy breading??? Ron M. General Cooking 11 18-03-2005 04:40 PM
greek pastries Janet Owens-Heath General Cooking 0 02-11-2003 09:30 PM