Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I forgot the escarole

I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
stove as we speak.

I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
not as grapefruity as people like.

Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
> of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
> stove as we speak.
>
> I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
> they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
> those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
> not as grapefruity as people like.
>
> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
>
> nancy

I made cheesecake last night. I'm beginning to think that I have a
cheesecake problem...I can't seem to go many days without it. I made a
plain cheesecake this time and made strawberry sauce for it.

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
> of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
> stove as we speak.
>
> I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
> they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
> those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
> not as grapefruity as people like.
>
> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
>
> nancy

You didn't, did you? Use the cheesecake pie for the soup, instead of
the bunch of escarole. Oy Veh!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Texas Rios,

Superior grapefruit ime.

Superior to most I've bought!

Beautiful color too. :-)

Top it with a bit of honey after you cut it. I dare ya!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Margaret Suran" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.

> You didn't, did you? Use the cheesecake pie for the soup, instead of the
> bunch of escarole. Oy Veh!

Heh, sour cream cheesecake soup. Sounds like something
Sandra Lee would dream up.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
>> of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
>> stove as we speak.
>>
>> I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
>> they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
>> those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
>> not as grapefruity as people like.
>>
>> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
>>
>> nancy

> I made cheesecake last night. I'm beginning to think that I have a
> cheesecake problem...I can't seem to go many days without it.

May as well roll with it. Want a recipe for smoked salmon cheesecake? Great
appetizer. Why wait till the end of the meal for cheesecake?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Ravenlynne > wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
> > I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
> > of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
> > stove as we speak.
> >
> > I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
> > they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
> > those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
> > not as grapefruity as people like.
> >
> > Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
> >
> > nancy
> >

> I made cheesecake last night. I'm beginning to think that I have a
> cheesecake problem...I can't seem to go many days without it. I made a
> plain cheesecake this time and made strawberry sauce for it.

Probably some sort of vitamin deficiency...

or that's a good excuse. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Ravenlynne" > wrote in message
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
>>> of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
>>> stove as we speak.
>>>
>>> I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
>>> they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
>>> those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
>>> not as grapefruity as people like.
>>>
>>> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> I made cheesecake last night. I'm beginning to think that I have a
>> cheesecake problem...I can't seem to go many days without it.

> May as well roll with it. Want a recipe for smoked salmon cheesecake? Great
> appetizer. Why wait till the end of the meal for cheesecake?

Absolutely!

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Ravenlynne > wrote:
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
>>> of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
>>> stove as we speak.
>>>
>>> I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
>>> they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
>>> those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
>>> not as grapefruity as people like.
>>>
>>> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>> I made cheesecake last night. I'm beginning to think that I have a
>> cheesecake problem...I can't seem to go many days without it. I made a
>> plain cheesecake this time and made strawberry sauce for it.

> Probably some sort of vitamin deficiency...
>
> or that's a good excuse. ;-)

Any excuse is better than none! But I like that one!

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
> of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
> stove as we speak.
>
> I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
> they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
> those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
> not as grapefruity as people like.
>
> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
>
> nancy

Great Save... I'm proud of ya!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kuvasz guy" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
>> of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot.

>> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.

> Great Save... I'm proud of ya!

(laugh) You're a funny guy. Actually I'm thinking I need to
one to bring to my brother's tomorrow. Well, how chintzy is that,
one little pie, there are going to be other people there. Heh. So
I'll get more stuff (and escarole!) tomorrow.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kuvasz guy said...

>> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
>>
>> nancy

> Great Save... I'm proud of ya!

Funny how the mind works!

At least the r.f.c membership knows what to buy nancy for her birthday. A
spiral-bound pocket notepad with a golf pencil and an eraser.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> kuvasz guy said...
>
> >> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
> >>
> >> nancy

> > Great Save... I'm proud of ya!

> Funny how the mind works!
>
> At least the r.f.c membership knows what to buy nancy for her birthday. A
> spiral-bound pocket notepad with a golf pencil and an eraser.
>
> Andy

Wrong!

Cheesecake!!! (and Escarole. <G>)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:27:38 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>At least the r.f.c membership knows what to buy nancy for her birthday. A
>spiral-bound pocket notepad with a golf pencil and an eraser.
>
>Andy

No, we will get her some more grape jelly..for meatballs.. She always
seems to be out of it....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Ravenlynne > wrote:
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>> > I went to Delicious Orchards, where else to buy a nice bunch
>> > of escarole to make soup? Oh, well, I forgot. Stock is on the
>> > stove as we speak.
>> >
>> > I did pick up some grapefruit, which is not like me at all. But
>> > they have this type that I like, Texas Rios, something along
>> > those lines. It's very good, to me, which means it's probably
>> > not as grapefruity as people like.
>> >
>> > Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.
>> >
>> > nancy
>> >

>> I made cheesecake last night. I'm beginning to think that I have a
>> cheesecake problem...I can't seem to go many days without it. I made a
>> plain cheesecake this time and made strawberry sauce for it.

> Probably some sort of vitamin deficiency...

My gosh that's a brilliant excuse." I'm sorry honey but I seem to be having
a cheesecake mineral dificiency, could you pick some up for me so I don't
have a case of cheesecake jaundice?"

Cindi

> or that's a good excuse. ;-)
> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
> Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Margaret Suran" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Somehow I did remember to get the cheesecake pie.

>> You didn't, did you? Use the cheesecake pie for the soup, instead of the
>> bunch of escarole. Oy Veh!

> Heh, sour cream cheesecake soup. Sounds like something
> Sandra Lee would dream up.

Oh please don't wish Sandra Lee on a perfectly good cheesecake. It would
probably come out with gravy on it. Though I am sure the "tablescape" would
be lovely, not.

Cindi

> nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindi - HappyMamatoThree wrote:
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> Ravenlynne > wrote:

>>> I made cheesecake last night. I'm beginning to think that I have a
>>> cheesecake problem...I can't seem to go many days without it. I made a
>>> plain cheesecake this time and made strawberry sauce for it.

>> Probably some sort of vitamin deficiency...
>>

> My gosh that's a brilliant excuse." I'm sorry honey but I seem to be having
> a cheesecake mineral dificiency, could you pick some up for me so I don't
> have a case of cheesecake jaundice?"

I need the calcium. My bones are becoming more brittle by the moment!

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Cindi - HappyMamatoThree" > wrote:

> > Probably some sort of vitamin deficiency...
> >

> My gosh that's a brilliant excuse." I'm sorry honey but I seem to be having
> a cheesecake mineral dificiency, could you pick some up for me so I don't
> have a case of cheesecake jaundice?"
>
> Cindi
>
> > or that's a good excuse. ;-)

Sounded good. <G>

Cheese cake is a good source of calcium!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote

> (laugh) You're a funny guy. Actually I'm thinking I need to
> one to bring to my brother's tomorrow. Well, how chintzy is that,
> one little pie, there are going to be other people there.

Well, I brought my TWO sour cream cheesecakes and it's a
good thing I did! My family just loves those things. One went
in a minute flat and there was a panicked, Nancy, you did say
you brought two ... right??

Give them a reason to be happy to see me besides my sparkling
personality. Heh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young said...

> Well, I brought my TWO sour cream cheesecakes and it's a
> good thing I did! My family just loves those things. One went
> in a minute flat and there was a panicked, Nancy, you did say
> you brought two ... right??
>
> Give them a reason to be happy to see me besides my sparkling
> personality. Heh.
>
> nancy

You know how to shop without a list better than they do!??

Andy

Rigatoni with Sausage and Escarole OreganoFromItaly.com[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 07-06-2007 01:22 AM
Meatball Escarole Soup [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 18-03-2007 04:22 AM
Escarole Soup Gumbo Diabetic 0 06-11-2006 01:54 AM
help on escarole replacement. Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 15 22-08-2006 03:31 AM
Escarole and Beans Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 30-05-2005 05:12 AM