FoodBanter.com

-   -   Salsas (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/113093-re-salsas.html)

ravenlynne[_1_] 13-01-2007 01:39 PM

Salsas

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> I bought several different varieties of Jose' Madrid salsas a couple of
> weeks ago. Hot, XHot, XXXHot, chipotle and a mango salsa. I tasted the
> mango salsa and boy does it have a different flavor to it. It's too good to
> dip chips in and not much heat anyway. I'm trying to think of what to do
> with it. I'm thinking maybe over fish or maybe as a grilled chicken glaze.
> Any ideas from anyone?
>
> Michael

You could make a variation on the meat pies recipe I posted a while
back, adding curry and serve them with the salsa...they do this at the
Bahama Breeze restaraunts. They serve the salsa with a side of sour
cream with tomatoes mixed in as an accompaniment to the meat patties.

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.