Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 2-Alarm Chili Mix still

jay > wrote in
:

> I have had this for years and it is supposed to be what is
> actually in the 2 alarm packets "sorta" like Wick Fowlers.
> (someone measured all the ingredient packets I was told) It
> will make an ok chili for those who really don't know how to
> make chili and need/want a "shake and bake" kind of recipe.
>
> jay
>
> IN PACKET
>
> t cumin
> t oregano
> t salt
> 5T Chili Powder (pure)
> 1T Onion flakes
> 1/2t paprika
> 1/2t cayenne (or more for 3 alarm)
> 1/2t garlic pwd
> 2T masa
>

> NOT IN PACKET
>
> 8oz tomato sauce
> 1 cup water for mixing with masa
> for 2 lbs of beef

It's certainly a bit different than Wick Fowler's he
http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/chiliconcarne2.asp

You'll get a laugh out of the "Whale Chili" recipe. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:
> jay > wrote in
> :
>

>> I have had this for years and it is supposed to be what is
>> actually in the 2 alarm packets "sorta" like Wick Fowlers.
>> (someone measured all the ingredient packets I was told) It
>> will make an ok chili for those who really don't know how to
>> make chili and need/want a "shake and bake" kind of recipe.
>>
>> jay
>>
>> IN PACKET
>>
>> t cumin
>> t oregano
>> t salt
>> 5T Chili Powder (pure)
>> 1T Onion flakes
>> 1/2t paprika
>> 1/2t cayenne (or more for 3 alarm)
>> 1/2t garlic pwd
>> 2T masa
>>

>> NOT IN PACKET
>>
>> 8oz tomato sauce
>> 1 cup water for mixing with masa
>> for 2 lbs of beef

> It's certainly a bit different than Wick Fowler's he
> http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/chiliconcarne2.asp
>
> You'll get a laugh out of the "Whale Chili" recipe. :-)

It's also the link for the Wick Fowler's chili recipe that jay said isn't
"real". Whatever. Scott should just buy the packet and go on with his
life. This is an endless debate about nothing.

Jill <--who doesn't use a "thickener" in her chili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Jill <--who doesn't use a "thickener" in her chili

I like mine watery. More like a soup. Anybody is welcome to sue me.

[for chili dogs, it needs to be thick, otherwise the bun gets soggy]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>

>> Jill <--who doesn't use a "thickener" in her chili

> I like mine watery. More like a soup. Anybody is welcome to sue me.
>
> [for chili dogs, it needs to be thick, otherwise the bun gets soggy]

You can sue me, too. I don't have any money so good luck with that

Jill