Old 12-01-2007, 10:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

Default My Favorite Cheese

Hi:

My favorite cheese is bleu Swiss cheese. There is no bacteria involved.
The only microbes involved in the making of *my* bleu Swiss cheese are
molds that make the cheese bleu. This cheese is pure protein. No carb,
no fat, no minerals, no vitamins other than vitamin K, no nothing other
than proteins. 100% pure proteins with some vitamin K. The cheese is
making using molds. I call it bleu Swiss cheese because the process
caused holes in the cheese. Believe or not, this cheese of mine does
not have the foul odors associated with most cheeses. In addition,
there is no lactic acid in this cheese.

Swiss cheese nicely veined with blue molds.

Goes excellent for those protein-loaders.

Best,

Radium

Old 13-01-2007, 12:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

Radium wrote:

Hi:

My favorite cheese is bleu Swiss cheese. There is no bacteria involved.

That's nice. What is wrong with bacteria?
We need bacteria to help us digest our food. If we get sick or
take antibiotics to kill infection we have digestive problems
until we can rebuild the bacteria flora in our intestines.
Natural yoghurt is a good way to do that, and keffir is even
better.

The only microbes involved in the making of *my* bleu Swiss cheese are
molds that make the cheese bleu.

You say that as if you think it is some sort of revelation to us
that it is mold that makes cheese "bleu".

This cheese is pure protein. No carb, no fat,

Don't bet the house on that one.
Old 13-01-2007, 12:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
Radium wrote:

Hi:

My favorite cheese is bleu Swiss cheese. There is no bacteria
involved.

That's nice. What is wrong with bacteria?
We need bacteria to help us digest our food. If we get sick or
take antibiotics to kill infection we have digestive problems
until we can rebuild the bacteria flora in our intestines.
Natural yoghurt is a good way to do that, and keffir is even
better.

Dave, don't bother. This is the "kakaa" man. He's terrified of his own
poop and probably terrified of women, too. It's not worth bothering with
his cross-posting ass - oooh, wait, there might be kakaa on his ass!
(laughing) What a loser. I'm thinking there must still be a college on
break somewhere for these critters to come crawling out of the woodwork this
time of year.

Jill

Old 13-01-2007, 02:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

Dave Smith wrote:
What is wrong with bacteria?

Nothing wrong with bacteria. Its just they aren't used to make my Swiss
bleu cheese

We need bacteria to help us digest our food. If we get sick or
take antibiotics to kill infection we have digestive problems
until we can rebuild the bacteria flora in our intestines.

Exactly. Thats why I never take anti-biotics even if they are
recommended.

Natural yoghurt is a good way to do that, and keffir is even
better.

My favorite bacterial product is "bad butter"

Here is the link which describes how my "bad butter" is made:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.fo...111377c?hl=en&

Delicious. Ain't it?

Don't bet the house on that one.

My Swiss bleu cheese is definitely 100% pure protein. It comes in
slices, not in slabs.

What could be more protein-rich than a slice of my Swiss bleu cheese.

Old 13-01-2007, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

(1) My favorite cheese is Swiss on Ham sandwiches.
(2) My favorite cheese is Brie when making Baked Brie.
(3) My favorite cheese is Feta when crumbled on a salad.
(4) My favorite cheese is Mozarella when on a pizza or in antipasto.
(5) My favorite cheese is Havarti when in a grilled cheese sandwich.
(6) My favorite cheese is Roquefort when in a salad dressing.
(7) My favorite cheese is American when I'm being a kid with my
grandkids.
(8) My favorite cheese is Gruyere when melting cheeses in fondue.
(9) My favorite cheese is Monterey Jack when making chili rellenos.

This question reminds me of last night's "favorite spice" question. . .
It all depends on where it is being used. Used wrongly, and it's a
disaster, but used in the right place, or with the right wine, and it
becomes magical.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Old 13-01-2007, 07:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:04:16 -0500, Dave Smith
wrote:

|Radium wrote:
|
| Hi:
|
| My favorite cheese is bleu Swiss cheese. There is no bacteria involved.
|
|That's nice. What is wrong with bacteria?

Nothing I eat them at least every week in Yoghurt.
Old 13-01-2007, 11:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

No.7...

" (7) My favourite cheese is American when I'm being a kid with my
grandkids."

Surely you must mean a 'Cheddar' Tasty Cheese here ?...Is that correct ?..
Americans aren't the only makers of this cheese !!.. The rest of the world
also make it .and probably much better than 'the USA !!

--
Bigbazza (Barry)..(The Boy from Oz)

(PS..This is for Joan F (MI).. benefit..Not waiting two weeks to answer this
one ) :-)) )

--
Bigbazza (Barry)..(The Boy from Oz)

Old 13-01-2007, 01:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
"jmcquown"
:

Dave, don't bother. This is the "kakaa" man. He's terrified of his
own poop and probably terrified of women, too. It's not worth
bothering with his cross-posting ass - oooh, wait, there might be
kakaa on his ass! (laughing) What a loser. I'm thinking there must
still be a college on break somewhere for these critters to come
crawling out of the woodwork this time of year.

Jill

I don't know the original poster. I don't see threads that are cross
posted. Have 'em kfd. Anyway, I don't think there is a cheese I don't like,
bacteria or not. Well, except the low/fat free glop. Like soup and
cabbage, cheese is one of my favorite foods. Unfortunately I have to eat it
in small portions these days.

Michael

I bought some brand of brie at walmart that was awful...tasted like
Hickory Farms stuff...was just terrible.

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
Old 13-01-2007, 01:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

Bigbazza wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

No...that's not what he meant.

Old 13-01-2007, 02:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

"Bigbazza" wrote in message

Surely you must mean a 'Cheddar' Tasty Cheese here ?...Is that correct ?..
Americans aren't the only makers of this cheese !!.. The rest of the world
also make it .and probably much better than 'the USA !!

Surely you must you don't know what American processed cheese is. No, it is
not cheddar, although we do have some good ones here. Do a Google search on
"processed cheese" and you will see the difference and know why anyone that
truly likes cheese does not bother with it.

Old 13-01-2007, 02:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

wrote:

(1) My favorite cheese is Swiss on Ham sandwiches.

Erm, which one? Appenzeller or Emmenthaler, I would guess?

(9) My favorite cheese is Monterey Jack when making chili rellenos.

Not familiar with these, what are rellenos?

It all depends on where it is being used. Used wrongly, and it's a
disaster, but used in the right place, or with the right wine, and it
becomes magical.

Absolutely.

Greg

--

Here's a truck stop instead of St Peter's

No ficus = no spam
Old 13-01-2007, 03:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

wrote

(9) My favorite cheese is Monterey Jack when making chili rellenos.

*Sheer coincidence*, I just got back from looking up Colby cheese,
I have a mac n cheese recipe that calls for it. In the store, the only
Colby I saw was labeled Colby Jack.

Are those the same?

nancy

Old 13-01-2007, 04:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

Bigbazza wrote:

Surely you must mean a 'Cheddar' Tasty Cheese here ?...Is that correct ?..
Americans aren't the only makers of this cheese !!.. The rest of the world
also make it .and probably much better than 'the USA !!

As much as I like Cheddar Cheese, when the grandkids are here, they
like American, so that's what I use on grilled cheese sandwiches.

The delight comes from sharing the sandwiches with the children. . .
Even though I realize that American Cheese is absolutely the lowest
thing on the "cheese" food chain;-)

Old 13-01-2007, 04:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

Chili Rellenos are a Mexican dish. . .Here's a recipe from
www.cooks.com

CHILIES RELLENOS

6 Anaheim or any mild long green chili
2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 lb Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tb chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg
2 T milk
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup mild or hot tomato salsa

Make a slit with the tip of a paring knife in the pepper at the cap.
Place the oil in a deep saucepan and heat to a temperature of 375F.

Have a bowl of ice water handy.

Fry the peppers a few at a time for about 1 minute, or until the skin
is blistered all over. Remove with tongs, and plunge into the ice
water.

Repeat until all peppers are fried.

When cool enough to handle, gently rub off the skin.

Cut a slit in one side of the pepper, and remove the seeds, keeping the
pepper whole. Set aside, reserving the oil.

In a bowl, mix together the mozzarella, Monterey Jack, garlic, thyme,
oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper.

Gently stuff the mixture into the peppers, securing them with
toothpicks.

Chill for 30 minutes.

Beat the egg with the milk.

Roll the peppers in the mixture, and then roll in cornmeal.

Heat the reserved oil to 375F.

Fry the peppers for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.

As you fry, be careful not to crowd the pan. Remove the peppers from
the pan with tongs, drain on paper towels, and repeat until all peppers
are fried.

Serve immediately, accompanied by salsa, if desired.

Serves 6.

Note: The peppers can be prepared up to the point of being dredged in
cornmeal and fried up to two days in advance and refrigerated, tightly
covered with plastic wrap.

Dredge with cornmeal and fry just prior to serving.