Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Frozen chicken and shrimp

Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:

> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Wrong. Cooked chicken and cooked shrimp are fully cooked. Raw
chicken and raw shrimp are raw. Frozen means that they are
frozen, not that they are cooked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:53:31 -0500, Terry >
wrote:

>Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
>Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Some are cooked, some are raw. Check the label. I've bought both raw
and cooked frozen shrimp, and chicken, and beef, and...

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Terry > wrote:

> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Read the packaging. Some is, some is not.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog -
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

On packaged frozen shrimp if it reads CPD it means cooked peeled and
deveined.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:
> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Read the package. If it's cooked it will say cooked.

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:53:31 -0500, Terry wrote:
>
>> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
>> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

> Is it Moron Night, or what?
>
> -sw

It may have struck you as a silly question, but for some it may have not
been. Patience, Iyago.

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:56:58 -0500, Ravenlynne wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:

>>> Is it Moron Night, or what?

>> It may have struck you as a silly question, but for some it may have not
>> been. Patience, Iyago.

> It was bad timing. I had read about 5 posts in a row that were
> just plain ridiculous questions (at least to me). This was #5.
>
> -sw

We all have our days...lol...

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Wrong. Pale chicken is raw, blue shrimp is raw. White chicken is (Usually)
cooked and red shrimp is cooked.

What to make with frozen shrimp, frozen spinach, and bacon Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 28 24-05-2012 01:29 AM
frozen shrimp, how long will they keep in freezer? bd General Cooking 18 07-04-2007 06:42 PM
Frozen chicken tenders/frozen chicken breasts Jeanne Ketterer General Cooking 9 13-03-2005 08:50 AM
frozen shrimp biig General Cooking 5 24-02-2005 09:06 PM
Very old frozen chicken Joel General Cooking 6 01-12-2004 08:51 AM