FoodBanter.com

-   -   Frozen chicken and shrimp (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/112779-frozen-chicken-shrimp.html)

Terry[_1_] 11-01-2007 12:53 AM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Dave Smith[_1_] 11-01-2007 01:01 AM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

Terry wrote:

> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Wrong. Cooked chicken and cooked shrimp are fully cooked. Raw
chicken and raw shrimp are raw. Frozen means that they are
frozen, not that they are cooked.

serene 11-01-2007 01:08 AM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:53:31 -0500, Terry >
wrote:

>Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
>Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Some are cooked, some are raw. Check the label. I've bought both raw
and cooked frozen shrimp, and chicken, and beef, and...

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com

Melba's Jammin' 11-01-2007 01:24 AM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

In article >,
Terry > wrote:

> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Read the packaging. Some is, some is not.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog -

Virginia Tadrzynski 11-01-2007 01:47 AM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

"Terry" > wrote in message
> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

On packaged frozen shrimp if it reads CPD it means cooked peeled and
deveined.
-ginny

ravenlynne[_1_] 11-01-2007 04:56 PM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

Terry wrote:
> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Read the package. If it's cooked it will say cooked.

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.

ravenlynne[_1_] 11-01-2007 04:56 PM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:53:31 -0500, Terry wrote:
>
>> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
>> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

> Is it Moron Night, or what?
>
> -sw

It may have struck you as a silly question, but for some it may have not
been. Patience, Iyago.

ravenlynne[_1_] 11-01-2007 08:30 PM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:56:58 -0500, Ravenlynne wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:

>>> Is it Moron Night, or what?

>> It may have struck you as a silly question, but for some it may have not
>> been. Patience, Iyago.

> It was bad timing. I had read about 5 posts in a row that were
> just plain ridiculous questions (at least to me). This was #5.
>
> -sw

We all have our days...lol...

Kswck 13-01-2007 03:27 PM

Frozen chicken and shrimp

"Terry" > wrote in message
> Frozen chicken and shrimp is already fully cooked. Right?
> Dropping it in the fryer is just a way to reheat it. True?

Wrong. Pale chicken is raw, blue shrimp is raw. White chicken is (Usually)
cooked and red shrimp is cooked.