FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cake Making. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/112575-cake-making.html)

[email protected] 09-01-2007 01:47 PM

Cake Making.

flitterbit 09-01-2007 02:14 PM

Cake Making.

wrote:
>> Hello All

>> Am new to this newsgroup. Have tried making plain cake from scratch. Not successful at all.
>> Had to get ready flour and made it. Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

>> Phin57nish

???? Post the recipe you used so people have some idea what you were
doing; what you've posted above is pretty much lacking any useful
information.

Janet Puistonen 09-01-2007 02:19 PM

Cake Making.

wrote:
>> Hello All

>> Am new to this newsgroup. Have tried making plain cake from
>> scratch. Not successful at all. Had to get ready flour and made it.
>> Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

>> Phin57nish

"Had to get ready flour and made it."

What does that mean? Sounds as if some lines were deleted accidentally.

Melba's Jammin' 09-01-2007 03:15 PM

Cake Making.

In article .com>,
wrote:

> > Hello All

> > Am new to this newsgroup. Have tried making plain cake from scratch. Not
> > successful at all.
> > Had to get ready flour and made it. Can anyone suggest where I might be
> > going wrong?

> > Phin57nish

Try the baking group, rec.food.baking. Seems like mostly bread going on
over there, but I'll bet you'd get good cake help, too.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog -

Nancy Young 09-01-2007 03:22 PM

Cake Making.

"Janet Puistonen" > wrote

> wrote:

>>> Am new to this newsgroup. Have tried making plain cake from
>>> scratch. Not successful at all. Had to get ready flour and made it.
>>> Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

> "Had to get ready flour and made it."
>
> What does that mean? Sounds as if some lines were deleted accidentally.

Since they are in the UK, I have to assumer ready flour means
a cake mix. I hope they come back and say what went wrong
with their cake.

nancy

Julia Altshuler 09-01-2007 07:32 PM

Cake Making.

wrote:

>>Am new to this newsgroup. Have tried making plain cake from scratch. Not successful at all.
>>Had to get ready flour and made it. Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

You have to let us know what you were doing before we can say what you
were doing wrong. What was the recipe? What was your technique? When
you say it wasn't successful, how did it turn out specifically? Folks
here are helpful if you give us a fighting chance.

--Lia