Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Myrtle

Does anyone know where a person can by myrtle berries (most likely
dried) or myrtle extract? I am amazed I cannot find it.

Thanks
Tino

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"teak" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Does anyone know where a person can by myrtle berries (most
> likely dried) or myrtle extract? I am amazed I cannot find it.
>
> Thanks
> Tino

Have you tried any health food or vitamin shops?

Here's a lemon myrtle. Maybe an email to them can get you in the
right direction.
http://www.shopsafe.com.au/merchants...com/herbs_spic
es_and_seasonings.htm

There's a few sites that sell the Myrtus Communis seeds.

Good luck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Myrtle is identical to California bay. Use it like mediterranean
bay, but more sparingly.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 03:37:41 +0000 (UTC), (Steve
Pope) wrote:

>Myrtle is identical to California bay. Use it like mediterranean
>bay, but more sparingly.

She wanted myrtle berries, Steve.
http://www.nnfcc.co.uk/crops/info/myrtle.htm

--
See return address to reply by email

Malawi plus lemon myrtle iced tea toci Tea 3 17-07-2010 04:23 PM
Good wine shops in Myrtle Beach ShortStory Wine 3 19-07-2006 06:26 PM
Where to eat in Myrtle Beach? [email protected] General Cooking 2 11-08-2005 01:48 PM
Myrtle Beach Q Ric Barbecue 12 09-08-2004 02:16 PM
good restaurants in Myrtle Beach SC area? mdfloyd General Cooking 6 20-04-2004 01:38 PM