Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Years Eve

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> What's everyone doing? I'm staying put. It is not a big day for us anyway
> and I don't feel like messing with it. Tomorrow we will go down the street
> to Mary's and have dinner. I'm just curious as to what everyone else is
> doing to celebrate.

One of the bartenders at my corner bar is a GREAT cook so he did up
some seafood chowder and also some chili. GAWD, both were good, I had
THREE bowls of each (hadn't eaten all day but for a banana, but
still...)., lol.

The chowder was cream/milk - based and had crabmeat, lobster, shrimp,
scallops, it was in a HUGE turkey roaster thing. I think there was
about ten pounds of seafood in there...ambrosial!

The chili was splendid, too...nicely spiced. Needless to say antacids
were in order when I got home (from the bar, they are from the giant
COSTCO jar of antacids that they keep there)...

It was the b'day of myself and one of my good friends, as lagniappe we
drank free all night (actually I was home by 10:00 PM), you can't beat
that :-)

Lotsa groups of cute and well - dressed young folks stopped by
throughout the night, very nice to see...

Today I am making a Thai - style chicken veg soup in the crockpot.
Nothing fancy...I put in a can of coconut milk and it looks and smells
great...

I'm off for a coupla more drinks, I have a few drink tickets still left
over from last night...

One thing I've noticed is that MAN, is it quiet in my normally busy
nabe, very relaxing...

--
Best
Greg

100 years ago MisterDiddyWahDiddy General Cooking 74 28-01-2016 03:45 PM
New Years Eve [email protected] General Cooking 0 31-12-2006 11:00 PM
New Years Eve pfoley General Cooking 0 31-12-2006 03:20 PM
New Years Eve jmcquown General Cooking 1 31-12-2006 02:55 PM
New Years Eve kilikini General Cooking 0 31-12-2006 02:50 PM