Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to make rotis (Indian flat bread), paratha (layered flat bread), and other Indian breads...

Found this in another group

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=indian+breads

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Dec 2006 06:42:35 -0800, "Amanda" >
wrote:

>Found this in another group
>
>http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=indian+breads

Thanks. I make chapati sometimes, but I'm gonna try paratha next.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2006 06:42:35 -0800, "Amanda" >
> wrote:
>
> >Found this in another group
> >
> >http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=indian+breads

> Thanks. I make chapati sometimes, but I'm gonna try paratha next.

Welcome. For paratha, from what I remember - we usually buy this back
home but ome time,my mother hired a chef who made those for a special
day, you let the dough "after flattened and folded" sit for some time.

There might be written instruction on line but her's seems to be the
healthier version.

> Serene
> --
> "I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.
>
> http://serenejournal.livejournal.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1 Jan 2007 10:24:56 -0800, "Amanda" > wrote:

>Serene wrote:
>> On 28 Dec 2006 06:42:35 -0800, "Amanda" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Found this in another group
>> >
>> >http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=indian+breads

>> Thanks. I make chapati sometimes, but I'm gonna try paratha next.

>Welcome. For paratha, from what I remember - we usually buy this back
>home but ome time,my mother hired a chef who made those for a special
>day, you let the dough "after flattened and folded" sit for some time.

I'll try that next time. I made some with just oil, and another batch
with onions and cumin in it. They were pretty good, but not great.

Serene