Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All day in the bloody kitchen!!!

Good thing there is a never ending supply of La Cerveza Mas Fina :-)

Made my Christmas Pudding (x2), just about to do the fruit mince
pies.... the fruit has been heated up with Kahlua and has now cooled, so
I'll add the tequila, and whack 'em in the cases.

Cut up one of the legs of ham to use as cold cuts, the other will be
liberally doused with a lemon-Lime marmalade mixed with tequila, and
maybe some brown sugar, and then put in the Weber.. I was going to bake
both of them, but thought WTH!!

Was wondering what to do with the spare pudding so I got the small one,
crumbled it up, threw so more rum in, and some shredded coconut, rolled
the mix up in little balls and coated them with melted chocolate.

So now I have little chocolate coconut and rum christmas pud balls!! :-)

Got the bonelss leg of pork ready to go into the Weber mid-morning,
along with a chook.

All the seafood is nicely chilled and ready and raring to be eaten!!

Might split the Bugs and douse with garlic/chilli butter and sear on the
BBQ just before serving. Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, take the meat out, chop it up,
and maybe do a white wine sauce and dollop back into the shells......??
Who knows??!! I'll see how I feel in the morning.

have heaps of lemons....... for the seafood and for the Cervazas.....
and will make up a roasted garlic aoli to go with the prawns.

Oh!! And I made some Rocky Road for some of the guests who seem to
really like it :-)

Probably will be too damn busy tomorrow to log on........ so Merry
Christmas everyone, I hope your day is a good one.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote on 24 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Probably will be too damn busy tomorrow to log on........ so Merry
> Christmas everyone, I hope your day is a good one.

And the very best to you this yule time season as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito > wrote in
:

> PeterL wrote on 24 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Probably will be too damn busy tomorrow to log on........ so Merry
>> Christmas everyone, I hope your day is a good one.
>>

> And the very best to you this yule time season as well.

Thanks, Mr Li :-)

02:10 Christmas day....... and we have a storm front starting to move in,
lots of wind about at the moment.Things bangin' and crashin' and the pooch
is a tad upset.

If it storms and rains......... I can relax.

Storms and rains = 97% certainty of no fires.

Maybe some MVA's....... but no fires :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24 Dec 2006 06:38:45 GMT, PeterL > rummaged among
random neurons and opined:

>Good thing there is a never ending supply of La Cerveza Mas Fina :-)

<snippidy>

Merry Christmas back!

I've now been in the kitchen five hours and am taking a break. I got 3
lbs. of green beans trimmed and blanched for tomorrow's Green Beans
with Garlic and Lemon, a double batch of pecan pie-like cookies called
Harris Ranch Pecan Drops finished, layered mocha cream torte is in the
refrigerator (this was the most labor intensive, so took a while), and
deviled the eggs (wound up doing the yolk mixture in the food
processor and that worked a treat).

My next project, after I've worked my way through the ng and a glass
of eggnog, is the Waldorf salad, then prep for the Asiago Cheese and
Pepperoni Pinwheels and clean the shrimp, which the DH will barbecue
for hors d'oeuvres on The Day. BBQ sauce is already made.

If I have any energy left after that, I'll get a start on setting the
tables, which involves moving a huge glass and steel coffee table to
make room for a dining table!

Hope Santa is/was good to everyone!

Terry Pulliam Burd

--
"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Just breakfast, here, for five while Cat and the kids are staying over.

Yesterday was bacon and eggs and toast. Everyone wanted and got
scrambled.

Today was cinnamon-raisin-bread french toast, and bacon. Lots of
leftover egg mix, so I scrambled that for me (and had three FT's
besides...urp!)

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> Good thing there is a never ending supply of La Cerveza Mas Fina :-)
>
> Made my Christmas Pudding (x2), just about to do the fruit mince
> pies.... the fruit has been heated up with Kahlua and has now cooled, so
> I'll add the tequila, and whack 'em in the cases.
>
> Cut up one of the legs of ham to use as cold cuts, the other will be
> liberally doused with a lemon-Lime marmalade mixed with tequila, and
> maybe some brown sugar, and then put in the Weber.. I was going to bake
> both of them, but thought WTH!!
>
> Was wondering what to do with the spare pudding so I got the small one,
> crumbled it up, threw so more rum in, and some shredded coconut, rolled
> the mix up in little balls and coated them with melted chocolate.
>
> So now I have little chocolate coconut and rum christmas pud balls!! :-)
>
> Got the bonelss leg of pork ready to go into the Weber mid-morning,
> along with a chook.
>
> All the seafood is nicely chilled and ready and raring to be eaten!!
>
> Might split the Bugs and douse with garlic/chilli butter and sear on the
> BBQ just before serving. Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, take the meat out, chop it up,
> and maybe do a white wine sauce and dollop back into the shells......??
> Who knows??!! I'll see how I feel in the morning.
>
> have heaps of lemons....... for the seafood and for the Cervazas.....
> and will make up a roasted garlic aoli to go with the prawns.
>
> Oh!! And I made some Rocky Road for some of the guests who seem to
> really like it :-)
>

> Probably will be too damn busy tomorrow to log on........ so Merry
> Christmas everyone, I hope your day is a good one.

Quit yer whining... :-)
You enjoyed every blood minute of it...

Unless it was literally "bloody"?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

bloody cyclists PeterLucas[_17_] General Cooking 0 26-02-2009 02:37 AM
bloody cyclists [email protected] General Cooking 1 26-02-2009 02:32 AM
bloody meat jjfjksdf General Cooking 113 21-09-2007 11:02 PM
Bloody Mary [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 25-10-2006 11:50 PM
Bloody mary mix Nancy Young General Cooking 43 12-09-2005 09:09 PM