FoodBanter.com

-   -   No-knead bread 1° attempt (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/110008-no-knead-bread-1-a.html)

Pandora 17-12-2006 05:11 PM

No-knead bread 1° attempt

I have put the bread in the chicken pot;)
I have preheated it and (this is for Bob this one) it didn't break..til now
:DDDD

--
Merry Christmas
Pandora

--
Merry Christmas
Pandora

sf[_3_] 17-12-2006 05:13 PM

No-knead bread 1° attempt

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:11:42 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>I have put the bread in the chicken pot;)
>I have preheated it and (this is for Bob this one) it didn't break..til now
>:DDDD

Are you telling us you put a cold clay baker in a HOT oven?

--
See return address to reply by email

Bob (this one) 17-12-2006 05:25 PM

No-knead bread 1���������

Pandora wrote:
> I have put the bread in the chicken pot;)
> I have preheated it and (this is for Bob this one) it didn't break..til now
> :DDDD

It broke? Pictures.

Pastorio

Pandora 17-12-2006 05:26 PM

No-knead bread 1° attempt

<sf> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:11:42 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

>>I have put the bread in the chicken pot;)
>>I have preheated it and (this is for Bob this one) it didn't break..til
>>now
>>:DDDD
>>

> Are you telling us you put a cold clay baker in a HOT oven?

Yes. I had! I was afraid it could broken because someone here (Wayne) told
me it was possible.
I have pre pre heat it over my wood stove.
I have taken some pics. I will post ASAP

--
Merry Christmas
Pandora

Pandora 17-12-2006 05:30 PM

No-knead bread 1° attempt

I have controlled now. It is faboulous!!!!!!! And my bread taste of chicken
:DDDDDDDDDD

--
Merry Christmas
Pandora

Pandora 17-12-2006 05:36 PM

No-knead bread 1?????????

"Bob (this one)" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>> I have put the bread in the chicken pot;)
>> I have preheated it and (this is for Bob this one) it didn't break..til
>> now
>> :DDDD

> It broke? Pictures.
>
> Pastorio

It is wonderful. Now I have keep away the lid , it must cook other 15
minutes, I think.. The bread is WONDERFUL . I hope inside is good ;)
I have taken a lot of pics :)
I will let you ASAP

--
Merry Christmas
Pandora

sf[_3_] 17-12-2006 05:51 PM

No-knead bread 1° attempt

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:26:59 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

><sf> ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
>> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:11:42 +0100, "Pandora" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I have put the bread in the chicken pot;)
>>>I have preheated it and (this is for Bob this one) it didn't break..til
>>>now
>>>:DDDD
>>>

>> Are you telling us you put a cold clay baker in a HOT oven?

>Yes. I had!

GASP!

>I was afraid it could broken because someone here (Wayne) told
>me it was possible.

Standard procedure is to submerge it in water for 10-20 minutes and to
start baking a cold oven.

>I have pre pre heat it over my wood stove.

Aha.... there ya go. You preheated the baker.

>I have taken some pics. I will post ASAP

:)

--
See return address to reply by email

Pandora 17-12-2006 07:34 PM

No-knead bread 1° attempt

<sf> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:26:59 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

>><sf> ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..

>>> Are you telling us you put a cold clay baker in a HOT oven?

>>Yes. I had!

> GASP!
>
>>I was afraid it could broken because someone here (Wayne) told
>>me it was possible.

> Standard procedure is to submerge it in water for 10-20 minutes and to
> start baking a cold oven.

I don't think it is a good idea. Istructions of clay says (generally) you
must keep the *new* pot in the water for half an hour , but first you must
rub it with a clove of garlic: this will preserve your clay from breaking
and from cracks.

>>I have pre pre heat it over my wood stove.

> Aha.... there ya go. You preheated the baker.

cheers

sf[_3_] 17-12-2006 07:55 PM

No-knead bread 1° attempt

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:34:26 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

><sf> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>>>I was afraid it could broken because someone here (Wayne) told
>>>me it was possible.

>> Standard procedure is to submerge it in water for 10-20 minutes and to
>> start baking a cold oven.

>I don't think it is a good idea. Istructions of clay says (generally) you
>must keep the *new* pot in the water for half an hour

What isn't a good idea? My pot hasn't been new for 30 years. I
finally gave it to my daughter last year.

> but first you must
>rub it with a clove of garlic: this will preserve your clay from breaking
>and from cracks.

Garlic will also keep vampires away. ;)

--
See return address to reply by email

Pandora 17-12-2006 08:19 PM

No-knead bread 1° attempt

<sf> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:34:26 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:

>>> Standard procedure is to submerge it in water for 10-20 minutes and to
>>> start baking a cold oven.

>>I don't think it is a good idea. Istructions of clay says (generally) you
>>must keep the *new* pot in the water for half an hour
>>>

> What isn't a good idea? My pot hasn't been new for 30 years. I
> finally gave it to my daughter last year.

OHH1 30 years ;) like the one I have presented to my mother :DDD

>> but first you must
>>rub it with a clove of garlic: this will preserve your clay from breaking
>>and from cracks.

> Garlic will also keep vampires away. ;)

Oh yes! Here is full of vampires :((((

--