Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default your BEST appetizer?

easy? for a crowd?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

readandpostrosie wrote:
> easy? for a crowd?

It kind of depends on your budget and what the main meal is going to be.
Appetizers I've made in the past have included:

Spinach dip in a bread bowl
Crab dip on crackers
Spinach, artichoke & parmesan dip
Spinach balls with mustard dip
Blanched asparagus in mustard dip
Scallops wrapped in bacon
Pot stickers/won tons in a sweet-spicy thai chili sauce
Crab Rangoons in a citrus sauce
Crudites
Chicken wings
Cheese fondue with cubed bread
Taquitos with guacamole and salsa
Spring rolls
Various Cheeses & crackers
Peel and eat shrimp with cocktail sauce
Deviled eggs
Stuffed Mushrooms

Go nuts!

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

thanks christie.........................i hope you have a better day today.
((((((((((((((((((((christie)))))))))))))))))))))) )

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> readandpostrosie wrote:
>> easy? for a crowd?

> It kind of depends on your budget and what the main meal is going to be.
> Appetizers I've made in the past have included:
>
> Spinach dip in a bread bowl
> Crab dip on crackers
> Spinach, artichoke & parmesan dip
> Spinach balls with mustard dip
> Blanched asparagus in mustard dip
> Scallops wrapped in bacon
> Pot stickers/won tons in a sweet-spicy thai chili sauce
> Crab Rangoons in a citrus sauce
> Crudites
> Chicken wings
> Cheese fondue with cubed bread
> Taquitos with guacamole and salsa
> Spring rolls
> Various Cheeses & crackers
> Peel and eat shrimp with cocktail sauce
> Deviled eggs
> Stuffed Mushrooms
>
> Go nuts!
>
> kili
> --
> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

readandpostrosie wrote:
> easy? for a crowd?

These are easy and you make them ahead, freeze them, then take them out as
needed. Always a hit!

Mini Party Pizzas

1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
1 lb. shredded cheddar (or Velveeta! the original recipe called for bleu
cheese but I found it to be too overwhelming)
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbs. parsley flakes
1-1/2 to 2 loaves 'party' rye bread slices

Brown beef & sausage together; drain well. Add cheese and seasonings and
stir until cheese is melted. Spoon mixture by teaspoons on the small slices
of rye bread on a couple of baking sheets. FREEZE the 'pizzas'. When it's
time to serve, pop the pizzas under the broiler for 5-7minutes.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"readandpostrosie" > wrote:

> easy? for a crowd?

Potato chips?

:-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:32:44 -0600, "readandpostrosie"
> wrote:

>easy? for a crowd?

Eggplant caviar
Serves 6
2 big eggplants
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
one tbsp wine vinegar
olive oil to taste (I think I use about 1/3rd of a cup)
Salt, pepper

Roast the eggplants in the oven till the skin parches and they feel
soft to the touch. When they cool down some, peel them, and put the
flesh in a sieve. After 15 minutes, blend (I use a handheld blender)
with the garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar. then start adding the olive
oil as you would for a mayonnaise. Stop when you're happy with the
taste, adjust the seasonings. Wait till the next day to eat. Serve
with good bread.

Nathalie in Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:46:30 -0500, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Spinach balls with mustard dip

Do you make the spinach balls from a recipe that includes frozen
spinach and stuffing mix? If so, how do you and guests like it? I
have meant to try that recipe for the longest time, but I always
forget about it and end up making something else.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"readandpostrosie" > wrote in message
> easy? for a crowd?

Hmmm .... my best is not easy. People love my stuffed mushroom caps, but
they are a pain to make, they take so much time. The stuffing is
breadcrumbs, oregano, and fresh parmesan cheese. It's in the Fanny Farmer
cookbook from the 1980s. These things are rubbed with and later drizzled
with real butter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:32:44 -0600, "readandpostrosie"
> wrote:

>easy? for a crowd?

The first recipe is from a recipe card of my mother's. The 2nd was
snagged from the web. They are slightly (very slightly) different,
but either way, they are very tasty. And easy.

Zucchini Squares (original recipe)

3 cups thinly sliced unpared zucchini (about 4 small)
1 cup Bisquick
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon oregano
Dash of pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ cup oil
4 eggs, slightly beaten

Heat oven to 350F. Grease 13x9x2 pan. Mix all ingredients. Spread
in pan. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cut into
rectangles, about 2x1". Refrigerate any remaining appetizers.

From the web:

Hot Zucchini Squares
3 cups of grated unpeeled zucchini
1 cup of Bisquick mix
1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of snipped parsley
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
Dash pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
4 eggs, slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease oblong pan, 13x9x2. Mix all ingredients
thoroughly. Pour into pan and spread evenly. Bake until golden brown,
about 45 minutes (maybe 10 minutes longer). Cut into pieces 1 or 2
inches. Serve warm. Makes 4 dozen appetizers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:13:46 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"readandpostrosie" > wrote in message
>> easy? for a crowd?
>>

>Hmmm .... my best is not easy. People love my stuffed mushroom caps, but
>they are a pain to make, they take so much time. The stuffing is
>breadcrumbs, oregano, and fresh parmesan cheese. It's in the Fanny Farmer
>cookbook from the 1980s. These things are rubbed with and later drizzled
>with real butter.

I love those mushrooms too! An even easier variation is to fill the
caps with stouffer's creamed spinach (thawed) and bake. Someone with
a strong stomach could stuff them with escargots and garlic butter.

--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:25:46 +0100, Nathalie Chiva
> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:32:44 -0600, "readandpostrosie"
> wrote:
>
>>easy? for a crowd?
>>

>Eggplant caviar

<snip>

Oooooo, yes! And hummus with veggies is easy and delicious too. I
like to add a dab or 6 of tabasco to the hummus :-)

TammyM (Rosie, can you believe I'm over 7 YEARS now?!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:46:30 -0500, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> >Spinach balls with mustard dip

> Do you make the spinach balls from a recipe that includes frozen
> spinach and stuffing mix? If so, how do you and guests like it? I
> have meant to try that recipe for the longest time, but I always
> forget about it and end up making something else.
>
> Tara

I usually wing it, but I put in spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, mayo, sour
cream, garlic, egg, nutmeg, onion, basil or oregano, maybe ricotta (whatever
I have) and I make a mixture that resembles the texture of meatloaf. I take
the mixture, roll it into a ball and plop it onto a plate of breadcrumbs
until coated. Then I bake it at about 350 until browned. You can use a
honey mustard salad dressing dipping sauce or use marinara.

Wish I had a more detailed description, but as I said, I wing it. It always
comes out fine. Think a filling for an italian pasta stuffing, rolled,
breaded and baked. That's basically what you're doing. You'll have no
complaints!

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:13:46 -0500, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

>>"readandpostrosie" > wrote in message
.. .
>>> easy? for a crowd?
>>>

>>Hmmm .... my best is not easy. People love my stuffed mushroom caps, but
>>they are a pain to make, they take so much time. The stuffing is
>>breadcrumbs, oregano, and fresh parmesan cheese. It's in the Fanny Farmer
>>cookbook from the 1980s. These things are rubbed with and later drizzled
>>with real butter.
>>

> I love those mushrooms too! An even easier variation is to fill the
> caps with stouffer's creamed spinach (thawed) and bake. Someone with
> a strong stomach could stuff them with escargots and garlic butter.

MMmmm. I love spinach, but never have had snails.

An appetizer in lots of restaurants in Maryland when I grew up, beside the
requisite Crab Imperial (too rich, ick!) was crab-stuffed mushrooms. Also
very rich, they had a creamy sauce. I was eyeing the backfin at the grocery,
it is only $10 a pint. Might be time for Mama's Backfin Crab Cakes. (Sauteed
in butter, of course!)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

readandpostrosie wrote:
> easy? for a crowd?

Tea eggs. Easy, may be done in advance, different and interesting.
Here's Mark Bittman's version:

Put a dozen eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover.
Bring it just to a boil then turn off the heat and cover. Let sit for
9 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water to cool. Now lightly tap the
eggs on a hard surface, turning them around as you tap to create a web
of fine cracks. Do not peel.

Put these ingredients in the saucepan and heat it while you're
tapping the eggs:

1/2 cup loose black tea leaves
2 TB soy sauce
2 TB dry sherry or Shaoxing rice wine
4 thick slices fresh ginger
2 star anise
1 cinammon stick
enough water to cover the eggs

Bring this to a boil, reduce heat to low. Gently place the eggs in the
liquid and barely simmer, uncovered, for an hour, stirring occasionally
and adding additional hot water if necessary. Turn off heat and let
sit until cool.

Peel the eggs. May be served warm or cold. They will keep
refrigerated for a few days. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

readandpostrosie wrote:
> easy? for a crowd?

Kili posted a yummy list.

For my part, I have success with an assortment of good cheese, crackers,
party rye bread and smoked salmon all on a large platter or serving
plate. It's no work at all.

A block of cream cheese topped with some kind of savory jam or chutney

A chafing dish with small meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce

A homemade cheese ball

A platter of nicely cut raw or blanched vegetables with a blue cheese dip

Kabobs of ham cubes with cheese or fruit (grapes, pineapple)

Skewers of thinly sliced beef or chicken teriyaki marinated and broiled

Mushrooms stuffed with real crab salad, baked

Tiny quiches
etc, etc. etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

readandpostrosie > wrote:

> easy? for a crowd?

- Tartines topped with Poor Man's Caviar (warm tartines, cold 'caviar')
- Soft-boiled (4-6 minutes) egg halves topped with real caviar or salmon
roe
- Canapés topped with smoked eel pieces
- Crostini di fegatini (chicken liver crostini)

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:55:41 -0500, "cybercat" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>An appetizer in lots of restaurants in Maryland when I grew up, beside the
>requisite Crab Imperial (too rich, ick!) was crab-stuffed mushrooms.

<snippidy>

My faorite crab-stuffed mushrooms and soooo easy:

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms

appetizers

1 pound crabmeat
2 eggs; beaten to blend
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons onion; diced
2 tablespoons bell pepper; diced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
2 pounds mushrooms; stems removed
1 cup Swiss cheese; grated

Preheat oven to 350F. Butter 9 x 12" baking dish. Combine first
ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon about 1
tablespoon crab mixture into each mushroom. Place in prepared baking
dish. Sprinkle cheese over. Bake until mushrooms are tender and cheese
melts, about 20 mins. Serve hot.

Contributor: Bon Appetit

Yield: 12 servings

Terry Pulliam Burd

--
"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:32:44 -0600, "readandpostrosie"
> wrote:

>easy? for a crowd?

Phyllo cups with dollops of crawfish etouffee in 'em.
--

modom

http://www.koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:32:44 -0600, "readandpostrosie"
> wrote:

>easy? for a crowd?

Recently, I got raves for my mushroom puffs. Super easy, vegan, and
delicious:

Mushroom Puffs

2 tablespoons oil
1 lb. mushrooms (or more if you're a mushroom freak), any kind, sliced
if you're feeling fancy, or just coarsely chopped if you're not
1 onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch parsley, minced
1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed

Heat oil in heavy skillet (I use cast iron). Add oil and heat a few
seconds. Add mushrooms, onions, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium,
stirring occasionally, until the mixture has given off most of its
moisture, and the onions are brown. Add parsley and stir until the
parsley is wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly while
you look for your rolling pin (or a nice straight-sided glass). Roll
out one pastry sheet so it fits your cookie sheet. Lay it on the
cookie sheet (when I'm not feeling lazy, I cut out shapes instead and
make individual puffs). Cover with mushroom mixture out to the edges.
Roll out the other pastry sheet and place it on top. Bake until
browned on top. Bake how long and how hot? As long and hot as you
want. 400F seems to work, but other temps do, too. Just keep an eye on
it. That frozen pastry stuff is a miracle of modern convenience food.
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:

> Recently, I got raves for my mushroom puffs. Super easy, vegan, and
> delicious:

<snip>
> 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed

It's only vegan if your puff pastry is vegan, and most puff pastry is not.
Since *I* don't care about such things, I think your recipe sounds
fantastic, and I thank you for posting it.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Serene wrote:
>
> > Recently, I got raves for my mushroom puffs. Super easy, vegan, and
> > delicious:

> <snip>
> > 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed

> It's only vegan if your puff pastry is vegan, and most puff pastry is not.

Both brands available in my local grocery store are.

(I think it's because shortening is cheaper than butter, but you don't
hear me complaining.)

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> Serene wrote:
>>
>> > Recently, I got raves for my mushroom puffs. Super easy, vegan, and
>> > delicious:

>> <snip>
>> > 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed

>> It's only vegan if your puff pastry is vegan, and most puff pastry is

not.

> Both brands available in my local grocery store are.
>
> (I think it's because shortening is cheaper than butter, but you don't
> hear me complaining.)
>
> Serene

Serene,

You're not a full-time vegan are you? Maybe 80% vegan or something?

"Buffalo" Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> You're not a full-time vegan are you? Maybe 80% vegan or something?

Nah, I gave up animal products last month. I don't feel like I'm ever
gonna eat them again, but who knows? I try not to predict my behavior
-- that way I don't make a liar out of myself.

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> You're not a full-time vegan are you? Maybe 80% vegan or something?

> Nah, I gave up animal products last month. I don't feel like I'm ever
> gonna eat them again, but who knows? I try not to predict my behavior
> -- that way I don't make a liar out of myself.
>
> Serene

Serene,

Was it by chance after you tried the Smokehouse cheeseburger I recommended?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 07:43:22 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

> said...
>

>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> You're not a full-time vegan are you? Maybe 80% vegan or something?

>> Nah, I gave up animal products last month. I don't feel like I'm ever
>> gonna eat them again, but who knows? I try not to predict my behavior
>> -- that way I don't make a liar out of myself.
>>
>> Serene

>Serene,
>
>Was it by chance after you tried the Smokehouse cheeseburger I recommended?

*laugh* I don't eat cheeseburgers even when I'm eating meat. I can't
stand cheese on meat. Oh, but one of these days we'll get around to
going there. I'll probably just have french fries, though. :-)

I feel much better physically since I stopped eating meat and dairy.
I'm reluctant to mess it up by going back to eating them.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene said...

> On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 07:43:22 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>Serene,
>>
>>Was it by chance after you tried the Smokehouse cheeseburger I
>>recommended?

> *laugh* I don't eat cheeseburgers even when I'm eating meat. I can't
> stand cheese on meat. Oh, but one of these days we'll get around to
> going there. I'll probably just have french fries, though. :-)
>
> I feel much better physically since I stopped eating meat and dairy.
> I'm reluctant to mess it up by going back to eating them.
>
> Serene

Serene,

Good for you!

I don't recall the rest of the Smokehouse's menu. I kinda/sorta had tunnel
vision. Maybe their menu has something of interest in the vegan category.
But yes, you'll have to visit to know for sure.

If they have vegan offerings and they're as good as the burgers, you'll be
in heaven!

Hoping,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:05:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>I don't recall the rest of the Smokehouse's menu. I kinda/sorta had tunnel
>vision. Maybe their menu has something of interest in the vegan category.
>But yes, you'll have to visit to know for sure.
>
>If they have vegan offerings and they're as good as the burgers, you'll be
>in heaven!

If their burgers are as good as you remember, I'll be thrilled,
because every now and then James, though he likes and eats all the
vegan stuff I serve at home, craves a hamburger, and I would love to
get him a really good one next time the craving hits.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>
>Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> Serene wrote:
>>
>> > Recently, I got raves for my mushroom puffs. Super easy, vegan, and
>> > delicious:

>> <snip>
>> > 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed

>> It's only vegan if your puff pastry is vegan, and most puff pastry is not.

>Both brands available in my local grocery store are.
>
>(I think it's because shortening is cheaper than butter, but you don't
>hear me complaining.)

I didn't know that! (Yes, I pulled a box out of the freezer to check.)

Frozen puff pastry is indeed a shortcut to great appetizers.

Charlotte
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 17 2006, 9:32 am, "readandpostrosie" >
wrote:
> easy? for a crowd?

I don't post here often but I like the group and since we happen to
be in a marina with wi-fi at the moment, I thought I'd check in.

This thread is of special interest to me since we are in an environment
where we often get together with friends for happy hour and appetizers.

Kili's post was like a refresher course on appetizers I'd
forgotten. Thanks.

One appetizer that I like and haven't seen here is stuffed cherry
tomatoes. Its a little time consuming but the results are delicious,
like mini BLT's without the bread.

Chop off the top and scoop out the innards of the cherry tomatoes then
mix up a batch of bacon that has been fried and chopped up with mayo
and chopped scallions. Stuff the bacon mixture into the tomato and put
in the fridge until you're ready to serve. Yumm!

Cheers,

Barb
s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Egg Ball
8 to 12 large eggs
2 oz melted butter
2-3 finely sliced spring (green) onions
freshly ground black pepper
250g carton sour cream
1 jar black or red caviar - well drained

Boil the eggs slowly to hard boiled stage then, when cooled, put
through sieve or blitz to a CRUMBLY (NOT paté consistency) in a food
processor. The texture should be crumbly and fine - not a paste!
Lightly blend/fold in 2 oz melted butter.
Using a fork toss through finely chopped green onions/eschallots
Line a pudding basin with baking paper or freezer 'go-between'.
Gently spoon egg mixture into basin, and pat down lightly.
Wrap baking paper or freezer wrap over top of mixture, and weight down
with saucer or similar heavy article that will fit inside the top of
the basin. Chill in pudding basin mould for at least 1 hour.
To serve:
Unmold onto a large serving platter.
Completely cover (spread) with a generous quantity of sour cream* and
top with (drained) black or red caviar.
Serve with sliced french bread or water biscuits or rice crackers.
* Alternatively you could use cremé freché.

Mexican Layered Dip
- was a huge hit back in the late 80s early 90s - can't find the
jalapeno dip here anymore, so haven't made it in over a decade

1-2 cups of avocado dip
1-2 cups grated tasty matured cheese
1 tin Jalapeno Bean Dip
250ml sour light cream
sliced stuffed olives or sliced black kalamata olives
1-2 cups freshly chopped tomato flesh - seeds removed
chopped parsley for garnish
extra strong 'dipping' corn chips

Avocado Dip
3 small ripe avocados
2 tblsp sour cream
1½ tsp chilli sauce
1 clove garlic crushed
1½ tsp Dijon mustard
30ml lemon or lime juice
salt and pepper

Force avocado flesh through a sieve.
Add sour cream, chilli sauce, garlic, mustard and lemon juice.
Season with salt and pepper.
Mix until smooth. Chill.

Serve this in a deep serving dish - sides should be approx 2-3inches
tall.
Mix together the jalapeno bean dip with the sour cream. Blend well.
Spoon mixture into bottom of serving dish.
Next layer is guacamole dip.
Next add a layer of sliced olives.
Next a layer of extra tasty grated cheese.
Top with a layer of chopped, seeded tomatoes.
Lastly, sprinkle with finely chopped fresh parsley.
Serve with corn chips.

Vol au vant cases are also a big hit - either the small hors d'ouvre
size or the next size up
red salmon, dill in white sauce
cubed smoked ham in cheesey white sauce
smoked salmon smeared with horseradish cream, a dollop of sour cream &
cracked black pepper placed into warm cases (filling cold, cases warm)
asparagus tips in a cheesey sauce
have even used a samosa filling in these cases with rave reviews

I love smoked salmon, especially when served with a crusty loaf..
smear a generous portion of horseradish cream onto sliced bread, top
with smoked salmon, then smear with a little sour cream, nothing nicer
on a hot summer day/evening!

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 17 2006, 10:32 am, "readandpostrosie" >
wrote:
> easy? for a crowd?

=============
I like the following recipe of wrapped brie, and I also like broiled
bacon wrapped pineapple chunks. My daughter makes some kind of spinach
or artichoke dip served in a cut out crusty round loaf of bread that
is good, but I don't have that recipe.

Wrapped Brie Cheese

Very easy appetizer

This is an appetizer that can be served with crackers and chutney or
orange marmalade on top of it, or just plain. Serve on platter
surrounded by crackers and a knife.

Set your oven to 350 degrees.

1 can crescent rolls
1 8 ounce round of Brie cheese (found in section with specialty
cheeses)
1 beaten egg (to brush onto the dough after assembly)

Unroll crescent dough, and separate into two 4" squares.
Pinch the crescent dough to make the two four inch squares.
Put one 4"dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Place the round cheese on the dough.

Cut out 4 canapés from each corner of the other top crust, and place
the other top crust on top of the cheese round. Press both four-inch
dough's together.
Top the top crust with the little dough cutouts for decoration.
Brush with the beaten egg.

Bake for 20 - 24 minutes.
Cool 15 minutes before serving.

appetizer Nonny[_2_] Barbecue 14 09-07-2010 10:36 PM
Salmon Appetizer ? Joshuall General Cooking 8 29-12-2007 07:11 PM
appetizer sf[_3_] General Cooking 1 22-11-2007 04:11 PM
Appetizer Pie [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 01-07-2007 04:34 AM
Need Appetizer! Please Help? :) Tawse4Me Vegetarian cooking 2 23-02-2007 09:55 PM