Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Heavy Appetizer"

Attending a Holiday Wine Tasting Party tomorrow night.

Besides a nice wine, we are asked to each bring a "Heavy Appetizer"
(but not a salad or dessert which the hostess will provide).

Could any or all please help me. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

By the way, I just returned from vacation tonight recovering from
"Severe Food Poisening.

"Heavy, Quick & Easy" preferred.

TIA, DMBS

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> Attending a Holiday Wine Tasting Party tomorrow night.
>
> Besides a nice wine, we are asked to each bring a "Heavy Appetizer"
> (but not a salad or dessert which the hostess will provide).
>
> Could any or all please help me. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
>
> By the way, I just returned from vacation tonight recovering from
> "Severe Food Poisening.
>
> "Heavy, Quick & Easy" preferred.
>
> TIA, DMBS

Google this newsgroup for meatballs in grape jelly sauce. If that's not
heavy enough, nothing is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

BOB wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
>> Attending a Holiday Wine Tasting Party tomorrow night.
>>
>> Besides a nice wine, we are asked to each bring a "Heavy Appetizer"
>> (but not a salad or dessert which the hostess will provide).
>>
>> Could any or all please help me. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
>>
>> By the way, I just returned from vacation tonight recovering from
>> "Severe Food Poisening.
>>
>> "Heavy, Quick & Easy" preferred.
>>
>> TIA, DMBS

> Google this newsgroup for meatballs in grape jelly sauce. If that's
> not heavy enough, nothing is.

LOL! That's a good one!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Attending a Holiday Wine Tasting Party tomorrow night.
>
> Besides a nice wine, we are asked to each bring a "Heavy Appetizer"
> (but not a salad or dessert which the hostess will provide).
>
> Could any or all please help me. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
>
> By the way, I just returned from vacation tonight recovering from
> "Severe Food Poisening.
>
> "Heavy, Quick & Easy" preferred.
>
> TIA, DMBS

An RFC Classic: Grape Jelly Meatballs

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 Cup soft bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 Tablespoons minced onion
2 Tablespoons milk
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2/3 cup chili sauce
2/3 cup grape jelly

Combine first 8 ingredients. Form into 40 bite-size meatballs, using a
rounded teaspoon for each. Brown meatballs in oil. Cover; cook over low heat
for 5 minutes. Drain excess fat.

Combine chili sauce and jelly; pour over meatballs. Heat, stirring
occasionally, until jelly melted. Simmer 10-12 minutes until sauce has
thickened, basting occasionally.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" BOB" > wrote

> > wrote

>> Besides a nice wine, we are asked to each bring a "Heavy Appetizer"
>> (but not a salad or dessert which the hostess will provide).
>>
>> Could any or all please help me. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
>>
>> By the way, I just returned from vacation tonight recovering from
>> "Severe Food Poisening.
>>
>> "Heavy, Quick & Easy" preferred.
>>
>> TIA, DMBS

> Google this newsgroup for meatballs in grape jelly sauce. If that's not
> heavy enough, nothing is.

What, they just got over food poisoning and now you want to
make them ill?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote
>
>> > wrote

>>> Besides a nice wine, we are asked to each bring a "Heavy Appetizer"
>>> (but not a salad or dessert which the hostess will provide).
>>>
>>> Could any or all please help me. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> By the way, I just returned from vacation tonight recovering from
>>> "Severe Food Poisening.
>>>
>>> "Heavy, Quick & Easy" preferred.
>>>
>>> TIA, DMBS

>> Google this newsgroup for meatballs in grape jelly sauce. If that's
>> not heavy enough, nothing is.

> What, they just got over food poisoning and now you want to
> make them ill?
>
> nancy

Hey, they asked for "Heavy, Quick & Easy". If that ain't it, I don't know
what is.

Actually, a little (note...little!) grape jelly in a marinara sauce isn't
bad. Kinda like chocolate or cinnamon in Chili. I *do* agree with you on
the rape-jelly-and-chili sauce thingie, though. ;-)

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" BOB" > wrote in message news:WVYgh.80$_X.11@bigfe9
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>
>> " BOB" > wrote

>>> Google this newsgroup for meatballs in grape jelly sauce. If that's
>>> not heavy enough, nothing is.

>> What, they just got over food poisoning and now you want to
>> make them ill?
>>
>> nancy

> Hey, they asked for "Heavy, Quick & Easy". If that ain't it, I don't
> know what is.
>
> Actually, a little (note...little!) grape jelly in a marinara sauce
> isn't bad. Kinda like chocolate or cinnamon in Chili. I *do* agree
> with you on the <g>rape-jelly-and-chili sauce thingie, though. ;-)
>
> BOB

damn new (tiny) keyboard!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" BOB" > wrote
> "Nancy Young" > wrote
>> " BOB" > wrote

>>> Google this newsgroup for meatballs in grape jelly sauce. If that's
>>> not heavy enough, nothing is.

>> What, they just got over food poisoning and now you want to
>> make them ill?

> Hey, they asked for "Heavy, Quick & Easy". If that ain't it, I don't know
> what is.

True enough!

> Actually, a little (note...little!) grape jelly in a marinara sauce isn't
> bad. Kinda like chocolate or cinnamon in Chili. I *do* agree with you on
> the rape-jelly-and-chili sauce thingie, though. ;-)

Step away from the grape jelly jar. Slowly. You have also violated your
chili making license. I count three violations here, in total.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:07:30 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>Step away from the grape jelly jar. Slowly. You have also violated your
>chili making license. I count three violations here, in total.
>
>nancy

Nancy..we could use your advice on grape jelly in chat..

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote
>>> " BOB" > wrote

>>> What, they just got over food poisoning and now you want to
>>> make them ill?

>> Hey, they asked for "Heavy, Quick & Easy". If that ain't it, I
>> don't know what is.

> True enough!

;-)

>> Actually, a little (note...little!) grape jelly in a marinara sauce
>> isn't bad. Kinda like chocolate or cinnamon in Chili. I *do* agree
>> with you on the rape-jelly-and-chili sauce thingie, though. ;-)

> Step away from the grape jelly jar. Slowly. You have also violated
> your chili making license. I count three violations here, in total.

I never said I *make* chili, though I have been known to eat it. With or
without beans. <eg>

> nancy

BOB
grape jelly on bread with peanut butter, buttered bread optional