Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Third U.S. Case of Mad Cow Disease In Humans

Read about it he

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

Betcha didn't even hear about the second case!
The lid is being kept very tight.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Read about it he
>
> http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22
>
> Betcha didn't even hear about the second case!
> The lid is being kept very tight.

Really, Mark, health officials think it dates back to his being a kid
in Saudi Arabia. It certainly doesn't say there is mad cow disease in
the U.S., which you seem to imply.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Steve Wertz wrote:
> I haven't even read the article, but I'm sure there's plenty of
> human infections here in the U.S. that simply aren't reported or
> are covered up. And they're not a result of living or eating food
> from foreign countries.

Yep. I read a report of three cases in a state in the west - I forget
which one. The report was gone the next day when I went to check it
again. We don't eat beef.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L wrote:

> I read a report of three cases in a state in the west - I forget
> which one. The report was gone the next day when I went to check it
> again. We don't eat beef.

....and you find it COMPLETELY implausible that the report was removed
because it was inaccurate? You think journalists always get the story
right, and the evil government covers up and fabricates news stories for
their own nefarious purposes?

I find your paranoia hugely entertaining, -L. Don't ever change -- because
if you *do* change it'll mean that the black helicopters with their
mind-control rays caught up with you. Hey, have you been to this site?
http://www.carnicom.com/

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy beef, Coca-Cola, fish, all manner of goods
from Florida, and my Christmas celebration -- complete with gift-giving.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> Mark Thorson wrote:
>> Read about it he
>>
>> http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22
>>
>> Betcha didn't even hear about the second case!
>> The lid is being kept very tight.

> Really, Mark, health officials think it dates back to his being a kid
> in Saudi Arabia. It certainly doesn't say there is mad cow disease in
> the U.S., which you seem to imply.
>
> N.

Oh geeez.. talk about over reaction? Mark, were you hoping to get folks
in a lather about a non-event?
Common sense here, please!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy beef, Coca-Cola, fish, all manner of goods
> from Florida, and my Christmas celebration -- complete with gift-giving.
>
> Bob

LOL, don't forget to use credit cards once in a while
Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> -L wrote:
>
> > I read a report of three cases in a state in the west - I forget
> > which one. The report was gone the next day when I went to check it
> > again. We don't eat beef.

> ...and you find it COMPLETELY implausible that the report was removed
> because it was inaccurate?

With the government we have, YES.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L wrote:

>> ...and you find it COMPLETELY implausible that the report was
>> removed because it was inaccurate?

> With the government we have, YES.

Wow, with your belief that the government is so evil, pervasive, omnipotent,
and prone to easy "removal" of objectionable things, it must TERRIFY you to
get out and vote!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> -L wrote:
>
>> I read a report of three cases in a state in the west - I forget
>> which one. The report was gone the next day when I went to check it
>> again. We don't eat beef.

> ...and you find it COMPLETELY implausible that the report was removed
> because it was inaccurate? You think journalists always get the story
> right, and the evil government covers up and fabricates news stories
> for their own nefarious purposes?

She probably belives Geraldo Rivera as "news". Don't forget, he found Al
Capone's "vault". Heh.

> I find your paranoia hugely entertaining, -L. Don't ever change --
> because if you *do* change it'll mean that the black helicopters with
> their mind-control rays caught up with you. Hey, have you been to
> this site? http://www.carnicom.com/
>
> Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy beef, Coca-Cola, fish, all manner
> of goods from Florida, and my Christmas celebration -- complete with
> gift-giving.
>
> Bob

Ditto that with the exception of Coca-Cola... never liked the stuff myself.
I don't drink soda. And that's not for paranoid reasons, I just don't like
sodas. Got big plans for a couple of NY strip steaks next week (and to -L,
Judgemental Queen, NO I did not pay for them with food stamps, stupid
bitch).

I like to sear these in a seasoned cast iron skillet in a little olive oil
with some crushed garlic. Rare, no more than medium rare, 5-7 minutes on
each side for steaks 1 inch thick. YUM!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> > Mark Thorson wrote:
> >> Read about it he
> >>
> >> http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22
> >>
> >> Betcha didn't even hear about the second case!
> >> The lid is being kept very tight.

> > Really, Mark, health officials think it dates back to his being a kid
> > in Saudi Arabia. It certainly doesn't say there is mad cow disease in
> > the U.S., which you seem to imply.
> >
> > N.
> >

> Oh geeez.. talk about over reaction? Mark, were you hoping to get folks
> in a lather about a non-event?
> Common sense here, please!

I suspect he's having a little pre-holiday fun, but one never knows how
many people in the group will take him seriously.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!

Chicken little and certain other people shouldn't be allowed to read
the newspaper without someone explaining it to them.