Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default mini bundt (baby?) cakes?

Yesterday, while coming back from Los Angeles, we stopped at Pei Wei for a bite to
eat. (If there is one near you, I strongly urge you to try the Chinese Chopped
Chicken Salad). Next door was a Corner Bakery (a chain owned by Maggiano's) and all
over the tables were little pictures of the featured "holiday" themed goodies,
including peppermint mini bundt cakes. Had to try. Chocolate and peppermint? I'm
there. The frosting was too much, and too sweet, but the cakes themselves were very
moist and had a good chocolate flavor.

By now I'm sure you've guessed what I'm after here

Any recipes for these little babies? Something that will be very moist and somewhat
dense and have good chocolate flavor (as opposed to just chocolate color as is so
often the case commercially speaking)?

Many thanks

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nexis wrote:

> Any recipes for these little babies? Something that will be very moist
> and somewhat dense and have good chocolate flavor (as opposed to just
> chocolate color as is so often the case commercially speaking)?

Use an extra Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, or an extra ounce
of bittersweet chocolate in whatever recipe. Leave off a spoon or two of
the sugar in the cake mix. (Or more, a lot of dessert recipes can stand
to lose 1/3 of the sugar in them) This will give you a good rich
chocolate flavor.

Dawn