Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default small "saucepot" with loop handles - help find??

We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It was
non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The nonstick lining
became really decrepit, and we had to toss it. It was a real cheapie from
probably 15 years ago, no markings whatsoever, but the wife wants another
one badly.

We've been scouring (LOL) the stores for close to a year looking for a
replacement, no luck.

Usenet is my last resort - help!!! for where to look.

Thanks,
Dean

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I think Nordic Ware has one like that, although the handles may not be
real silver.

Hopefully you salvaged the handles of the old one before you tossed it!

:-)

But seriously, check Nordic Ware.

Good luck,
Bob
======================
In article <kFGfh.3307$Et5.2673@trndny07>, says...
> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It was
> non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The nonstick lining
> became really decrepit, and we had to toss it. It was a real cheapie from
> probably 15 years ago, no markings whatsoever, but the wife wants another
> one badly.
>
> We've been scouring (LOL) the stores for close to a year looking for a
> replacement, no luck.
>
> Usenet is my last resort - help!!! for where to look.
>
> Thanks,
> Dean

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dean > wrote:

> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It
> was non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The
> nonstick lining became really decrepit, and we had to toss
> it. It was a real cheapie from probably 15 years ago, no markings
> whatsoever, but the wife wants another one badly.

Why would you want an pot identical to one with a cheapo
nonstick coating that became decrepit?

Get a real pot like a Le Cruset.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob,

The handles were only silver-COLORED (chrome, I guess)
Thanks for the tip.

Steve,

I don't care if it costs $4.00 or $104.00, if I find one the same size, with
the same TYPE of handles (loop type, not a long handle), I'll buy it. I
didn't mean to imply it had to be a cheapie, just that I couldn't ID it
because it was unmarked.

Dean

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Dean > wrote:
>
>> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It
>> was non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The
>> nonstick lining became really decrepit, and we had to toss
>> it. It was a real cheapie from probably 15 years ago, no markings
>> whatsoever, but the wife wants another one badly.

> Why would you want an pot identical to one with a cheapo
> nonstick coating that became decrepit?
>
> Get a real pot like a Le Cruset.
>
> Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Checked Nordic Ware website, no go. Thank you anyway.

Dean

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Dean > wrote:
>
>> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It
>> was non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The
>> nonstick lining became really decrepit, and we had to toss
>> it. It was a real cheapie from probably 15 years ago, no markings
>> whatsoever, but the wife wants another one badly.

> Why would you want an pot identical to one with a cheapo
> nonstick coating that became decrepit?
>
> Get a real pot like a Le Cruset.
>
> Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dean" > wrote in

> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It
> was non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The
> nonstick lining became really decrepit, and we had to toss it.
> It was a real cheapie from probably 15 years ago, no markings
> whatsoever, but the wife wants another one badly.
>
> We've been scouring (LOL) the stores for close to a year
> looking for a replacement, no luck.
>
> Usenet is my last resort - help!!! for where to look.
>
> Thanks,
> Dean

Do you have a picture you could post in a binary group?

Could search here
http://search.rubylane.com/collectibles?id=41%2e4
or
http://www.alibaba.com/manufacture/1...kware_Sets.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dean" > wrote in message
> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It was
> non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The nonstick lining
> became really decrepit, and we had to toss it. It was a real cheapie from
> probably 15 years ago, no markings whatsoever, but the wife wants another
> one badly.
>
> We've been scouring (LOL) the stores for close to a year looking for a
> replacement, no luck.
>
> Usenet is my last resort - help!!! for where to look.
>
> Thanks,
> Dean

Wolfgang Puck (sold on HSN) has a number of configurations that might meet
your description of silver metal loop handles. Here are two:
http://tinyurl.com/yf4kks
http://tinyurl.com/yfj72c
These are stainless steel and do not have a nonstick interior. However, I
have some of his pans and they are very easy to clean.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dean,
Check this site. I'd originally seen them in a Camping World store, and
it looks like they're still available.

http://tinyurl.com/vcsyg

Bob
===============================
In article <3fJfh.6007$Li6.3464@trndny03>, says...
> Checked Nordic Ware website, no go. Thank you anyway.
>
> Dean

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dean wrote:
> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It was
> non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The nonstick lining
> became really decrepit, and we had to toss it. It was a real cheapie from
> probably 15 years ago, no markings whatsoever, but the wife wants another
> one badly.
>
> We've been scouring (LOL) the stores for close to a year looking for a
> replacement, no luck.
>
> Usenet is my last resort - help!!! for where to look.
>
> Thanks,
> Dean

I have an Emerilware stainless saucepot with those kind of handles - no
non-stick coating, but it really doesn't need one. Mine is a 2 or 3
qt, but they might make it smaller. The maker is All-Clad.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob,

That's very close. Ours had a non-stick coating on it and a slight pour
spout, but the profile is almost exact.

Thank you again,
Dean

"yetanotherBob" > wrote in message
> Dean,
> Check this site. I'd originally seen them in a Camping World store, and
> it looks like they're still available.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/vcsyg
>
> Bob
> ===============================
> In article <3fJfh.6007$Li6.3464@trndny03>, says...
>> Checked Nordic Ware website, no go. Thank you anyway.
>>
>> Dean

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> You might be referring to a cocotte - a small dutch oven for use
> on the stove or oven. Here's an example:
>
> http://www.chefsresource.com/le-creu...i-cocotte.html

Honest to God, when I've seen them in Williams-Sonoma, I thought
they were samples to show the colors available. It's an actual pot.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:17:15 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

>> Honest to God, when I've seen them in Williams-Sonoma, I thought
>> they were samples to show the colors available. It's an actual pot.

> Well, that was a "mini" version. Which I didn't realize when I
> posted it. There are 1-2qt sizes as well (not sure if they're by
> La Creueset, though.
>
> Ouch, that one's only a measly 10 ounces. Which would make it,
> what, 3" wide? That would probably fall through the center of the
> grates on my gas burners.

They're just adorable if one was into that kind of thing. I don't
think you could use it on a gas stove without a flame tamer or
something. I guess that's why I didn't think they were meant to
be used. Even in the oven, seems it would be a little tricky on
the racks.

I don't know. Especially at $45 a pop, I don't see running out
and picking up a set.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 14 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> http://www.chefsresource.com/le-creu...i-cocotte.html

I live alone and can't think of a reason to buy a pot that small. I too
thought those were demonstrators. Perphaps that's why I'm having trouble
getting to 200 lbs. But why cook an amount for 1 serving when with a
freezer and a little more effort you can get 2 or 3 meals cooked at one
time?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 14 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> http://www.chefsresource.com/le-creu...i-cocotte.html

> I live alone and can't think of a reason to buy a pot that small. I too
> thought those were demonstrators. Perphaps that's why I'm having trouble
> getting to 200 lbs. But why cook an amount for 1 serving when with a
> freezer and a little more effort you can get 2 or 3 meals cooked at one
> time?

I remember thinking What would you use it for, can you even melt
a stick of butter in there? Still, they have that "I wish I had one" factor
going on.

I can't think what I would cook that I wouldn't rather make more of,
as you say.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> You might be referring to a cocotte - a small dutch oven for use
> on the stove or oven.

I don't remember ever hearing of a cocotte. Until this post.

I open yesterday's paper, and in the Gifts for foodies,
item Number One?? A Staub Oval Cocotte. This one is
in a 7 quart size, but it says it comes in a range of sizes.
Looking at the website, it certainly does. I don't know if
it helps the OP, but here it is. Available at Sur la Table, or
(866) STAUB-US or www.staubusa.com.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Strangely enough, the wife found something in the Nordic Ware line that was
close enough. She liked it enough to order two, one for a gift.

I haven't looked at it yet, but thank you for the lead.

Dean

"yetanotherBob" > wrote in message
>I think Nordic Ware has one like that, although the handles may not be
> real silver.
>
> Hopefully you salvaged the handles of the old one before you tossed it!
>
> :-)
>
> But seriously, check Nordic Ware.
>
> Good luck,
> Bob
> ======================
> In article <kFGfh.3307$Et5.2673@trndny07>, says...
>> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It was
>> non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The nonstick lining
>> became really decrepit, and we had to toss it. It was a real cheapie from
>> probably 15 years ago, no markings whatsoever, but the wife wants another
>> one badly.
>>
>> We've been scouring (LOL) the stores for close to a year looking for a
>> replacement, no luck.
>>
>> Usenet is my last resort - help!!! for where to look.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dean

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Follow up, found it!!

With apologies to Bob, and anyone else who suggested Nordic Ware, my wife
found it via QVC. It's called "Beans 'n Sauce", is 1.5 qt, non-stick inside
and out, and has the spout and handles we were looking for.

Now that I think of it, somebody here actually named it for us. Can't
remember, (C.R.S., bad!!!!) but I must have been unable to find it at that
time.

Thanks again to all.

Long live USENET.

Dean

"Dean" > wrote in message
> We've had this small saucepot, 1 or 1.5 quart, for years. It was
> non-stick-lined, and had silver metal loop handles. The nonstick lining
> became really decrepit, and we had to toss it. It was a real cheapie from
> probably 15 years ago, no markings whatsoever, but the wife wants another
> one badly.
>
> We've been scouring (LOL) the stores for close to a year looking for a
> replacement, no luck.
>
> Usenet is my last resort - help!!! for where to look.
>
> Thanks,
> Dean

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dean" > wrote in

> With apologies to Bob, and anyone else who suggested Nordic
> Ware, my wife found it via QVC. It's called "Beans 'n Sauce",
> is 1.5 qt, non-stick inside and out, and has the spout and
> handles we were looking for.

Like this?
http://shopping.msn.com/prices/shp/?itemId=22682362

> Now that I think of it, somebody here actually named it for
> us. Can't remember, (C.R.S., bad!!!!) but I must have been
> unable to find it at that time.
>
> Thanks again to all.
>
> Long live USENET.
>
> Dean

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Got our "Beans n' Sauce" pot today.

Perfect except no pouring spout. Funny, it was pretty plainly shown in the
picture.

Close enough though.

Thanks to all, especially Bob.

Dean