Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The most food ever eaten...

Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday Dinner
Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in gravy, down
the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.

They marveled at my gluttony!!!

Andy
Hercules!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday Dinner
> Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in gravy, down
> the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
>
> They marveled at my gluttony!!!

LOL but my niece could put you to shame. She can eat non-stop for
pretty much most of the day, and usually does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday
> Dinner
> Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in gravy,
> down
> the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
>
> They marveled at my gluttony!!!
>
> Andy
> Hercules!

B-I-L has you beat! Being in the Philly area, I am sure you remember the
Chesapeake Bay Seafood House and it's special of all you can eat from the
menu with only one caveat, the item you ordered and those items which cost
less but not more you could eat all you could hold. If you ordered
scallops, you could not add crab or lobster, but if you ordered the lobster
(the most expensive item), you could eat from all. Richie and his bud,
Barry, went in and each ordered lobster, then crabs, then scallops, on down
the list. This began around 6 p.m. at 10 p.m. the manager approached them,
telling them that the restaurant was about to close and their bill was like
$14.99 each. They refused to pay it, saying that they were not done eating,
and could they have some more food. After a brief argument, it was pointed
out to the management that the sign did read ALL YOU CAN EAT for a specific
price.....since they could still eat, the restaurant did not uphold their
end of the agreement and could not charge them. Those two are still a
legend on Roosevelt Blvd for shutting down the restaurant while still
eating. I think Chesapeake Bay changed their signage after that
bloodletting.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday
>> Dinner
>> Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in gravy,
>> down
>> the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
>>
>> They marveled at my gluttony!!!
>>
>> Andy
>> Hercules!

> B-I-L has you beat! Being in the Philly area, I am sure you remember
> the Chesapeake Bay Seafood House and it's special of all you can eat
> from the menu with only one caveat, the item you ordered and those items
> which cost less but not more you could eat all you could hold. If you
> ordered scallops, you could not add crab or lobster, but if you ordered
> the lobster (the most expensive item), you could eat from all. Richie
> and his bud, Barry, went in and each ordered lobster, then crabs, then
> scallops, on down the list. This began around 6 p.m. at 10 p.m. the
> manager approached them, telling them that the restaurant was about to
> close and their bill was like $14.99 each. They refused to pay it,
> saying that they were not done eating, and could they have some more
> food. After a brief argument, it was pointed out to the management that
> the sign did read ALL YOU CAN EAT for a specific price.....since they
> could still eat, the restaurant did not uphold their end of the
> agreement and could not charge them. Those two are still a legend on
> Roosevelt Blvd for shutting down the restaurant while still eating. I
> think Chesapeake Bay changed their signage after that bloodletting.
> -ginny

ginny,

Oh, Heavens! Wish I could've been there to see that!!!

That's way in north Philly. I don't get up that way often.

Great story!

Next time "The Boys" are up this way, have them ring me up!!! ))

Thanks,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Dave Smith wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> >
> > Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday Dinner
> > Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in gravy, down
> > the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
> >
> > They marveled at my gluttony!!!

> LOL but my niece could put you to shame. She can eat non-stop for
> pretty much most of the day, and usually does.

We must have the same niece.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday Dinner
> Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in gravy, down
> the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
>
> They marveled at my gluttony!!!
>
> Andy
> Hercules!

Shrimp.

I can easily eat 2 lbs. of it.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
> > Andy wrote:
> > >
> > > Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday Dinner
> > > Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in gravy, down
> > > the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
> > >
> > > They marveled at my gluttony!!!

> > LOL but my niece could put you to shame. She can eat non-stop for
> > pretty much most of the day, and usually does.

> We must have the same niece.

If so, I hope she is coming to your place for Christmas and not
mine. When we have the family for dinner we have to have double
the amount of food served. She grazes along the buffet, consuming
everything along the way. The last time she was here she parked
herself next to a platter of devilled eggs and moved on when she
had finished them off, then she went to the cheese platter where
there was about 1/3 pound of each of a half dozen cheeses,
polished them off and moved on to the next item.

She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
all the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

> "-L." wrote:
>>
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>> > LOL but my niece could put you to shame. She can eat non-stop for
>> > pretty much most of the day, and usually does.

>> We must have the same niece.

> If so, I hope she is coming to your place for Christmas and not
> mine. When we have the family for dinner we have to have double
> the amount of food served. She grazes along the buffet, consuming
> everything along the way. The last time she was here she parked
> herself next to a platter of devilled eggs and moved on when she
> had finished them off, then she went to the cheese platter where
> there was about 1/3 pound of each of a half dozen cheeses,
> polished them off and moved on to the next item.
>
> She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
> expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
> all the food.

How big is she???

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith said...

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday
>> Dinner Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in
>> gravy, down the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
>>
>> They marveled at my gluttony!!!

> LOL but my niece could put you to shame. She can eat non-stop for
> pretty much most of the day, and usually does.

Dave,

My buddy and I would do the all you can eat MAYBE once a month.

How round is your niece?? That just ain't right! ((

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday
>> Dinner Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes
>> in gravy, down the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
>>
>> They marveled at my gluttony!!!
>>
>> Andy
>> Hercules!

> Shrimp.
>
> I can easily eat 2 lbs. of it.

Bugger :-(

I remember those days.

One of the last photos I posted here was of a prawn lunch the SO and I
were about to share. It was 1kg (2.2lb) of King Tiger prawns.

I had to *force* myself to eat the last couple, as we were both as full
as!!

One reason I don't go to these 'all you can eat' buffet things.

One plate and I'm done :-(

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11 Dec 2006 22:11:30 GMT, PeterL > wrote:

>How big is she???

I heard.....about the size of a medium love seat...definitely not a
Chippendale dining room chair gal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Dave Smith > said:
> "-L." wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote:

<snip>

> > > LOL but my niece could put you to shame. She can eat non-stop for
> > > pretty much most of the day, and usually does.

> > We must have the same niece.

> If so, I hope she is coming to your place for Christmas and not
> mine. When we have the family for dinner we have to have double
> the amount of food served. She grazes along the buffet, consuming
> everything along the way. The last time she was here she parked
> herself next to a platter of devilled eggs and moved on when she
> had finished them off, then she went to the cheese platter where
> there was about 1/3 pound of each of a half dozen cheeses,
> polished them off and moved on to the next item.
>
> She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
> expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
> all the food.

How old is she and has anyone pointed out to her the rudeness of
this behavior?

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote:

> > She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
> > expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
> > all the food.
> >

> How big is she???

She's big.... almost 6 feet, and well over 300 lb.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:

> > If so, I hope she is coming to your place for Christmas and not
> > mine. When we have the family for dinner we have to have double
> > the amount of food served. She grazes along the buffet, consuming
> > everything along the way. The last time she was here she parked
> > herself next to a platter of devilled eggs and moved on when she
> > had finished them off, then she went to the cheese platter where
> > there was about 1/3 pound of each of a half dozen cheeses,
> > polished them off and moved on to the next item.
> >
> > She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
> > expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
> > all the food.

> How old is she and has anyone pointed out to her the rudeness of
> this behavior?

I had talk with her mother about it when she called and wanted to
know why I didn't want her daughter coming to a party we were
having. Her mother knows about the problem. It was her mother
that told me about the problem with the new stepsister and why
the stepsister won't invite her to her house.
BTW.... she not only pigs out on everything in sight. She also
sneaks into the pantry and helps herself to everything in there,
open or not. I once hid a double batch of chocolate chip cookies
in the bottom back corner of a lower cabinet when she was coming
to visit. I went to get them out when she left and they were all
gone. They had been hidden from her because she was on a diet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> > Shrimp.
> >
> > I can easily eat 2 lbs. of it.

> Bugger :-(
>
> I remember those days.
>
> One of the last photos I posted here was of a prawn lunch the SO and I
> were about to share. It was 1kg (2.2lb) of King Tiger prawns.
>
> I had to *force* myself to eat the last couple, as we were both as full
> as!!
>
> One reason I don't go to these 'all you can eat' buffet things.
>
> One plate and I'm done :-(
>

> --
> Peter Lucas

<lol> For the most part, I avoid buffets for the same reason.
Shrimp seems to be the one exception to the rule. :-)

I just have a passion for the stuff.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Little Malice wrote:
> >
> > > If so, I hope she is coming to your place for Christmas and not
> > > mine. When we have the family for dinner we have to have double
> > > the amount of food served. She grazes along the buffet, consuming
> > > everything along the way. The last time she was here she parked
> > > herself next to a platter of devilled eggs and moved on when she
> > > had finished them off, then she went to the cheese platter where
> > > there was about 1/3 pound of each of a half dozen cheeses,
> > > polished them off and moved on to the next item.
> > >
> > > She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
> > > expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
> > > all the food.

> > How old is she and has anyone pointed out to her the rudeness of
> > this behavior?

> I had talk with her mother about it when she called and wanted to
> know why I didn't want her daughter coming to a party we were
> having. Her mother knows about the problem. It was her mother
> that told me about the problem with the new stepsister and why
> the stepsister won't invite her to her house.
> BTW.... she not only pigs out on everything in sight. She also
> sneaks into the pantry and helps herself to everything in there,
> open or not. I once hid a double batch of chocolate chip cookies
> in the bottom back corner of a lower cabinet when she was coming
> to visit. I went to get them out when she left and they were all
> gone. They had been hidden from her because she was on a diet.

Food addiction.
She needs to spend 2 weeks in a rehab.

Seriously.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mmmm...various Vegas Buffets! The Sunset Station buffet had some
excellent gelatos only at the end of an action packed session - next
time baby next time, I'm saving way more room.

Jay the Pig
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >,
> PeterL > wrote:
>
>> > Shrimp.
>> >
>> > I can easily eat 2 lbs. of it.

>> Bugger :-(
>>
>> I remember those days.
>>
>> One of the last photos I posted here was of a prawn lunch the SO and I
>> were about to share. It was 1kg (2.2lb) of King Tiger prawns.
>>
>> I had to *force* myself to eat the last couple, as we were both as full
>> as!!
>>
>> One reason I don't go to these 'all you can eat' buffet things.
>>
>> One plate and I'm done :-(
>>

>> --
>> Peter Lucas

> <lol> For the most part, I avoid buffets for the same reason.
> Shrimp seems to be the one exception to the rule. :-)
>
> I just have a passion for the stuff.

I'd love to try an ostrich avocado & shrimp & cheese omelet, or two! ;

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in news:457DDCE4.648A61A6
@sympatico.ca:

> PeterL wrote:
>>

>> > She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
>> > expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
>> > all the food.
>> >

>> How big is she???

> She's big.... almost 6 feet, and well over 300 lb.

A heart attack waiting to happen.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> > I had talk with her mother about it when she called and wanted to
> > know why I didn't want her daughter coming to a party we were
> > having. Her mother knows about the problem. It was her mother
> > that told me about the problem with the new stepsister and why
> > the stepsister won't invite her to her house.
> > BTW.... she not only pigs out on everything in sight. She also
> > sneaks into the pantry and helps herself to everything in there,
> > open or not. I once hid a double batch of chocolate chip cookies
> > in the bottom back corner of a lower cabinet when she was coming
> > to visit. I went to get them out when she left and they were all
> > gone. They had been hidden from her because she was on a diet.

> Food addiction.
> She needs to spend 2 weeks in a rehab.
>
> Seriously.

I agree. Her take on it is that the is a BBW with a lusty
appetite.
I had a had time containing myself when I heard that she had
supplemented her income by posing nude at an art school.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> I'd love to try an ostrich avocado & shrimp & cheese omelet, or two! ;
>
> Andy

Ostrich is yummy.... but I'd just go with bacon, avocado and shrimp. ;-d
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >

> > > I had talk with her mother about it when she called and wanted to
> > > know why I didn't want her daughter coming to a party we were
> > > having. Her mother knows about the problem. It was her mother
> > > that told me about the problem with the new stepsister and why
> > > the stepsister won't invite her to her house.
> > > BTW.... she not only pigs out on everything in sight. She also
> > > sneaks into the pantry and helps herself to everything in there,
> > > open or not. I once hid a double batch of chocolate chip cookies
> > > in the bottom back corner of a lower cabinet when she was coming
> > > to visit. I went to get them out when she left and they were all
> > > gone. They had been hidden from her because she was on a diet.

> > Food addiction.
> > She needs to spend 2 weeks in a rehab.
> >
> > Seriously.

> I agree. Her take on it is that the is a BBW with a lusty
> appetite.
> I had a had time containing myself when I heard that she had
> supplemented her income by posing nude at an art school.

Sad. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> That and porcupine fish. (Puffer/Blowfish).

I remember playing catch with blowfish. Great fun! Tasted good too!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,

> Sea bugs are just delicious.

*Especially* these Bugs..........

http://www.sea-ex.com/fishphotos/bug,1.htm

and these.......

http://www.fishsa.com/marron.php

and more specifically, these......

http://www.reefed.edu.au/explorer/an...ates/crustacea
ns/lobsters.html

http://tinyurl.com/ykp6v5

along with some more 'Tigers',

All of which are on the menu for Christmas lunch :-)

>> But yes, I love to eat just about any sort of seafood.
>>
>> Haven't tried Bêche-de-mer (Sea Cucumber) and don't really think I
>> want to. But most other things are fair game :-)

> I think I'd give that a pass too.......
>
> That and porcupine fish. (Puffer/Blowfish).

Fugu??

I'd actually like to give that a try :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:57:34 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Omelet wrote:
>>

>> > I had talk with her mother about it when she called and wanted to
>> > know why I didn't want her daughter coming to a party we were
>> > having. Her mother knows about the problem. It was her mother
>> > that told me about the problem with the new stepsister and why
>> > the stepsister won't invite her to her house.
>> > BTW.... she not only pigs out on everything in sight. She also
>> > sneaks into the pantry and helps herself to everything in there,
>> > open or not. I once hid a double batch of chocolate chip cookies
>> > in the bottom back corner of a lower cabinet when she was coming
>> > to visit. I went to get them out when she left and they were all
>> > gone. They had been hidden from her because she was on a diet.

>> Food addiction.
>> She needs to spend 2 weeks in a rehab.
>>
>> Seriously.

>I agree. Her take on it is that the is a BBW with a lusty
>appetite.
>I had a had time containing myself when I heard that she had
>supplemented her income by posing nude at an art school.

My sister is a large woman too, about the same weight, considerably
shorter. She would NEVER engage in such rude behavior. I guess the
phrase "hey, leave enough for the rest of our guests" doesn't phase
her? Your family has my sympathy, Dave, that's inexcusable behavior.
Is she boorish in other ways too?

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote:
> Dave Smith > wrote in
> :

> >> We must have the same niece.

> > If so, I hope she is coming to your place for Christmas and not
> > mine. When we have the family for dinner we have to have double
> > the amount of food served. She grazes along the buffet, consuming
> > everything along the way. The last time she was here she parked
> > herself next to a platter of devilled eggs and moved on when she
> > had finished them off, then she went to the cheese platter where
> > there was about 1/3 pound of each of a half dozen cheeses,
> > polished them off and moved on to the next item.
> >
> > She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
> > expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
> > all the food.
> >

> How big is she???
> --
> Peter Lucas

Hehe. If she's a teenager, she could be one of those microscopic size
0 types. I've had male friends as well, into their 30's and 40's, who
could pack away enormous amounts of food and not show it.

Then there's the likes of me, who can be sick and unable to eat for 3
days, and gain weight.
* *
( o )
maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> If so, I hope she is coming to your place for Christmas and not
> mine. When we have the family for dinner we have to have double
> the amount of food served. She grazes along the buffet, consuming
> everything along the way. The last time she was here she parked
> herself next to a platter of devilled eggs and moved on when she
> had finished them off, then she went to the cheese platter where
> there was about 1/3 pound of each of a half dozen cheeses,
> polished them off and moved on to the next item.
>
> She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
> expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten
> all the food.

I know people similar to that. That's why, when I have a Christmas
Party, I serve six pounds of shrimp a pound and a half at a time and
four dozen deviled eggs twelve at a time. All with a polite pause while
eyeing the offending individual who is destroying the menu. I leave the
bulk of the food in the garage until I decide when it's needed. That's a
ploy. It may not work. It has for me so far.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 11 Dec 2006 07:30:07p, Leonard Blaisdell meant to say...

> In article >,
> Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> If so, I hope she is coming to your place for Christmas and not
>> mine. When we have the family for dinner we have to have double
>> the amount of food served. She grazes along the buffet, consuming
>> everything along the way. The last time she was here she parked
>> herself next to a platter of devilled eggs and moved on when she
>> had finished them off, then she went to the cheese platter where
>> there was about 1/3 pound of each of a half dozen cheeses, polished
>> them off and moved on to the next item.
>>
>> She once showed up at the home of her new stepsister,who was
>> expecting guests. By the time the guests arrived, she had eaten all
>> the food.

> I know people similar to that. That's why, when I have a Christmas
> Party, I serve six pounds of shrimp a pound and a half at a time and
> four dozen deviled eggs twelve at a time. All with a polite pause while
> eyeing the offending individual who is destroying the menu. I leave the
> bulk of the food in the garage until I decide when it's needed. That's a
> ploy. It may not work. It has for me so far.
>
> leo

Some people know no limits. Those are the ones I don't invite. I don't
spend my time in the kitchen to satisfy one person's sheer gluttony.

--
Wayne Boatwright

How long will a floating point operation float?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine in ri" > wrote in
ups.com:

>> How big is she???
>> --
>> Peter Lucas

> Hehe. If she's a teenager, she could be one of those microscopic size
> 0 types.

Apparently, she *quite* big.

I'm 6'2" and built like a brick outhouse, and she's smaller than me and
weighs more than me.

Not good........ for her health, that is.

>I've had male friends as well, into their 30's and 40's, who
> could pack away enormous amounts of food and not show it.

I *still* have friends of both sexes that can do that. I was at a work
party the other night and there was 2 girls there that ate enough food
they could have fed several small African villages with it. And yet they
are both quite svelte.

> Then there's the likes of me, who can be sick and unable to eat for 3
> days, and gain weight.

Back in my 30's, I could eat 24/7 and not gain anything, but I was doing
a *helluva* lot of physical work/exercise at the time.

Now, all i have to do is walk past a cake shop, take a deep sniff and
gain 2kgs instantly!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11 Dec 2006 22:16:56 GMT, PeterL > rummaged among
random neurons and opined:

<snip>

>One reason I don't go to these 'all you can eat' buffet things.
>
>One plate and I'm done :-(

ITA. The DH and I don't do buffets, b/c neither one of us can eat
enough to justify the comparatively high cost vs. an individually
plated meal. Also, IMHO, buffets don't appeal from a food quality
standpoint, as the food sits around in steamer trays. Give me
something straight out of the kitchen, even if it's been sitting back
*there* for a while.

And the DH has a third reason for avoiding buffets: he swore he'd
never stand on line for food again once he got out of the US Marines.

Terry Pulliam Burd

--
"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote in
:

> On 11 Dec 2006 22:16:56 GMT, PeterL > rummaged among
> random neurons and opined:
>
> <snip>
>
>>One reason I don't go to these 'all you can eat' buffet things.
>>
>>One plate and I'm done :-(

> ITA. The DH and I don't do buffets, b/c neither one of us can eat
> enough to justify the comparatively high cost vs. an individually
> plated meal.

We have some *fantastic* fresh seafood buffets over here...... but
priced at about $45 a head, I'm not going to pay $90 for 2 plates of
prawns!!

> And the DH has a third reason for avoiding buffets: he swore he'd
> never stand on line for food again once he got out of the US Marines.

Well, there goes KFC and Slack Macs, and the rest of the fast food
places :-)

But I do understand where he's coming from. Never used to bother me that
much. I didn't mind lining up for a meal....... any meal I didn't/don't
have to cook is a damn good one!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Dave Smith wrote:
> I agree. Her take on it is that the is a BBW with a lusty
> appetite.

She has a serious eating disorder. Her Mother should be addressing
that. In my case, both my niece and her Mother eat like that so there
is no talking to the mother. I try to plant seeds while she is here
but she doesn't *get it* - or refuses to. She ate 3 bags of chocolate
chips in a week while she was here. I went to make cookies and they
were *gone*. She's probably 5'8" and 290, easily.

> I had a had time containing myself when I heard that she had
> supplemented her income by posing nude at an art school.

That's not uncommon. We used to get models of all shapes and sizes -
that's the idea behind learning to draw different figures. If they can
hold still for 20 minutes, we wanted them. We even had this old dude
with a huge tumor on his side. Bizarre, it was.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote

> ITA. The DH and I don't do buffets, b/c neither one of us can eat
> enough to justify the comparatively high cost vs. an individually
> plated meal. Also, IMHO, buffets don't appeal from a food quality
> standpoint, as the food sits around in steamer trays. Give me
> something straight out of the kitchen, even if it's been sitting back
> *there* for a while.

I understand all that. When I go out to eat, I want to sit down and
stay there until it's time to leave. Having said that I do go once a
year, to this excellent buffet in a nearby fancy schmancy hotel with
views of the river. It's very nice and the food is top notch. But.
I think it's $40 a person. That's a lot of bacon. Heh.

> And the DH has a third reason for avoiding buffets: he swore he'd
> never stand on line for food again once he got out of the US Marines.

Fair enough.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> > I know people similar to that. That's why, when I have a Christmas
> > Party, I serve six pounds of shrimp a pound and a half at a time and
> > four dozen deviled eggs twelve at a time. All with a polite pause while
> > eyeing the offending individual who is destroying the menu. I leave the
> > bulk of the food in the garage until I decide when it's needed. That's a
> > ploy. It may not work. It has for me so far.
> >
> > leo
> >

> Some people know no limits. Those are the ones I don't invite. I don't
> spend my time in the kitchen to satisfy one person's sheer gluttony.

That is the way I look at it. It's pretty bad when you have a
party for 14 people and calculate a certain amount of food, but
if you add the extra person who eats none stop you have to
literally double the amount of food. It wouldn't bee so bad if
you could just stick a bag of potato chips in her hand and let
her stuff her beak with the cheap stuff, but when she goes from
a platter of devilled eggs to a tray of cheeses to a platter of
smoked salmon and smoked eel canapés to a tray of cold cuts and
cleans out each one in succession. I haven't had her here for
years now.

I had to bite my tongue at the a party at the step niece's
house. I was out on the patio when the big niece's husband came
along asking if I knew where his lovely wife was. I said I
hadn't seen for for a while and resisted suggesting that he check
the buffet table. I glanced up and looked through the dining room
winter. Yep. There she was.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Back in my "eating days", buddy Glen and I
would go to the local Shakeys Pizza Parlor buffet.

We would stack the "bones" ( crusts ) to keep track of progress.

One day, when the pizzas were showing up slowly,
Glen scooped a whole new pizza onto his plate.
There were glares from others... but then Glen was a BigBoy !

People joked that we should notify SHAKEYS before going there,
so they could call in an extra pizza-prepper.

<rj>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Was probably biscuits and gravy breakfast but I remember a Wednesday Dinner
> Special, all you could eat chicken, peas and mashed potatoes in gravy, down
> the road from work. 7 plates, iirc.
>
> They marveled at my gluttony!!!

It makes me sad that I can no longer eat "all I can eat".
I used to be quite a trencherperson. Now, I don't feel
I've got my money's worth when I go to an all-you-can-eat
buffet.

And another thing about getting old, I now can't sleep in
like I used to. I used to be able to sleep a good 12 hours
straight when the opportunity arose. I could go to bed at
midnight and not wake up until noon. Ah, the good old days.
I was always afraid that when I got old I would start waking
up earlier and earlier. I remember the older people in my
family never slept in. Worse, they got up at ungodly hours
like 6 or 7 am. I always said, "I hope that never happens to
me." And now it's happening. :-(

So, can't eat much, can't sleep much. Life is hardly worth
living anymore. If my eyes ever go and I can't read or watch
tv anymore, well, I guess I'll just have to end it all. ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:04:01 -0700, "<RJ>" >
wrote:

>Back in my "eating days", buddy Glen and I
>would go to the local Shakeys Pizza Parlor buffet.
>
>We would stack the "bones" ( crusts ) to keep track of progress.
>
>One day, when the pizzas were showing up slowly,
>Glen scooped a whole new pizza onto his plate.
>There were glares from others... but then Glen was a BigBoy !
>
>People joked that we should notify SHAKEYS before going there,
>so they could call in an extra pizza-prepper.

Would that have been the Shakey's on J Street in Sacramento? Now, and
for lo these many years, the late-Shakey's on J Street.

TammyM