Posted to rec.food.cooking
raj raj is offline

Default STORY OF THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE

Read the story of STORY OF THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE
http://www.singhisking.net/toroiseandhare.html

To sum up, the story of the hare and tortoise teaches us many things:

Never give up when faced with failure
Fast and consistent will always beat slow and steady
Work to your competencies
Compete against the situation, not against a rival.
Pooling resources and working as a team will always beat individual
performers

Let's go and build stronger teams!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

raj wrote:
> Read the story of STORY OF THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE
> http://www.singhisking.net/toroiseandhare.html
>
> To sum up, the story of the hare and tortoise teaches us many things:
>
> Never give up when faced with failure
> Fast and consistent will always beat slow and steady
> Work to your competencies
> Compete against the situation, not against a rival.
> Pooling resources and working as a team will always beat individual
> performers
>
> Let's go and build stronger teams!

Bull. Here is what it really teches us:

////////////////////
Ingredients for Turtle Soup Recipe

For green-turtle soup take:

3 pints clear white stock
1 can green turtle
1 onion
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 lemon
½ glassful sherry
6 cloves
6 peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 blade mace
1 teaspoon mixed sweet herbs

Instructions

Simmer the turtle meat for an hour in the stock, with the sweet herbs
and spices tied loosely in a piece of cheesecloth.
Slice the onion and cook it in the butter, but do not let it brown
much; add the flour to the onion and butter, and stir until smooth.
Add this to the hot soup with the salt and paprika; let it simmer until
thoroughly blended, then add the sherry and the fat meat.
Serve with a very thin slice of lemon in each plate.
Egg balls or hard-boiled egg-yolks cut in quarters may be served with
the soup.
////////////////////////////
Rabbit in beer

Eating the Easter Bunny is a family tradition at our place, and this is
a great way to prepare it.

You need:
- 1 rabbit
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- garlic powder
- bouquet garni (or at least some bay leaves)
- plain flour
- salt and pepper
- worcesteshire sauce
- seeded mustard
- stubby of beer
- olive oil

Method:

Cut your rabbit into 6 pieces using kitchen shears, and pat the pieces
dry.
Take a small hand-full of flour, and mix in some salt, pepper and
garlic powder to taste.
Put the rabbit pieces into a plastic shopping bag with the flour mix,
then tumble it all around until the rabbit is nicely coated.
Heat some oil and lightly brown the rabbit pieces two or three at a
time, so the pan isn't too crowded. Remove from the pan and put onto
kitchen paper.
Throw in the onion and garlic, and cook till the onion starts going
golden around the edges. Add some worcesteshire sauce and mustard for
flavour, then turn the pot down to low.
Place the rabbit pieces on top of the vegetables and pour in a whole
stubby of beer. Leave to simmer very gently for an hour or so, stirring
it gently every ten minutes or so.
Once the meat is starting to fall off the bones, it's ready to eat!

Hare casserole Kathy-in-NZ General Cooking 5 15-04-2007 10:48 PM
Chicago O'Hare Joris Pattyn Beer 6 20-02-2006 01:56 PM
Hare tonight ... Peter Huebner General Cooking 5 15-12-2005 10:07 PM
jugged hare jmarvell Historic 10 29-10-2003 04:47 PM