Old 04-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Victor Sack

Default What's your favorite cheese?

Brown Margaret wrote:

Lately, Mine is P'Tit Basque- a sheep's milk cheese from the Pyrennees.
It's buttery and nutty,

Your faves?

Too many to list. I particularly like chèvre frais, Greyerzer
(Gruyère), Manchego, Munster, Epoisse, Roquefort, and Bulgarian feta.

Victor

Old 04-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Brown Margaret

--
- Happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:00 PM
jmcquown

Brown Margaret wrote:
Lately, Mine is P'Tit Basque- a sheep's milk cheese from the
Pyrennees. It's buttery and nutty,

Your faves?

Brie.

Old 04-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Mark Thorson

Erika wrote:

Being pregnant I am not allowed to eat Brie or camembert
which is cheeses I normally love.

Why? What do you think would happen?

Old 04-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Puester

Mark Thorson wrote:

Erika wrote:

Being pregnant I am not allowed to eat Brie or camembert
which is cheeses I normally love.

Why? What do you think would happen?

I'm not Erika, but pregnant women these days are being
advised against eating unpasteurized/unripened/fresh
cheeses due to the possibility of Listeria contamination
which can be harmful to a developing fetus.

gloria p
Old 04-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Erika

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:12:47 GMT, Mark Thorson
wrote:

Erika wrote:

Being pregnant I am not allowed to eat Brie or camembert
which is cheeses I normally love.

Why? What do you think would happen?

You are not allowed any unpasturized products because the
microbactieras can cause deformation of the featus. It is what all
ahnd books and my midwife says so I am not going to gamble.

/Erika

The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents.
Then for then years you try to be as little as your parents as possible.
Then you gradually change in to them.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:51 PM
PENMART01

Erika writes:

Mark wrote:
Erika wrote:

Being pregnant I am not allowed to eat Brie or camembert
which is cheeses I normally love.

Why? What do you think would happen?

You are not allowed any unpasturized products because the
microbactieras can cause deformation of the featus. It is what all
ahnd books and my midwife says so I am not going to gamble.

Erika, drinking lotsa booze ain't too good either... hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old 04-10-2003, 11:53 PM
Vilco

"Nancy Howells" ha scritto

Lately, Mine is P'Tit Basque- a sheep's milk cheese from the Pyrennees.

My one, ATM is Castelmagno.
Wonderful old mountain cheese, with a firmness and texture like a parmesan,
but a little bit less moisty. It's tasty, a lot, and smells deeply like any
old cheese (don't know hon long this, got to ask) wonderful to grate over
pasta. Tasty, yes, but not hot, just tasty!
A pasta dish I like muche is "cacio e pepe".
Cook pasta, strain and put in dish with half a nut of butter per dish, add
grated parmesan as you would do if you were to add only this. Then add
grated castelmagno (could also be any long seasoned cheese) as many as the
parmesan.
Then add freshly ground black or/and white pepper, a lot.
Too easy to believe, too good to taste.

Vilco

Old 05-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Z GIRL

"Brown Margaret" wrote in message
Lately, Mine is P'Tit Basque- a sheep's milk cheese from the Pyrennees.
It's buttery and nutty,

Your faves?

--
- Happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have.

I just love Colby Cheese followed by Munester and Feta ( Not the Nasty
Bulgarian Feta ulk ,yuk, ewww!!!!! ) ; ')

peace,
Barbara

Old 05-10-2003, 12:21 AM
Mark Thorson

wrote:

Erika wrote:

Being pregnant I am not allowed to eat Brie or camembert
which is cheeses I normally love.

Why? What do you think would happen?

You are not allowed any unpasturized products because the
microbactieras can cause deformation of the featus. It is what all
ahnd books and my midwife says so I am not going to gamble.

Oooooh. I see. I had assumed you'd be eating the cheese.

Old 05-10-2003, 12:35 AM
Gary

Brown Margaret wrote:

Lately, Mine is P'Tit Basque- a sheep's milk cheese from the Pyrennees.
It's buttery and nutty,

Your faves?

--
- Happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have.

Plain old "rat trap" cheese. I sit with a potato peeler and whittle it off
in very thin slices and eat it that way. )

Gary

Old 05-10-2003, 01:04 AM
Dave Smith

Brown Margaret wrote:

Lately, Mine is P'Tit Basque- a sheep's milk cheese from the Pyrennees.
It's buttery and nutty,

Your faves?

The one we eat most often around this house is old cheddar. Parmesan (the
real stuff) is a cooking staple. We also use a lot of feta, chevre, brie,
Danish blue and Roquefort, Camembert and Oka. I suppose I could come up
with a lot of exotic cheeses to add to the list, but this is the stuff that
we eat a lot of, so I guess that would qualify them as favourites.