Gary

Default What's your favorite cheese?

Gar wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:34:09 -0600, Gary > wrote:
>
> >As a kid, I used to get the grated Kraft parmesan cheese and eat it by the
> >mouth full (but only when the parents were gone, and not too much).

> GASP!!!!
>
> >I also LOVE smoked cheese (don't know what kind it started out as though).

> On the weekend I shop at Woodmans In Rockford Il. They've got many
> smoked cheeses. My favorite is smoked string cheese. They also have
> smoked provolone, gouda, mozzarella, swiss, etc., etc.
>
> Gar

The kind I tried was on one of those gift packs that had all kinds of things in
it. I recall that it was sort of "flaky" cheese; sort of easily powdered. It
was addictive.

Gary

Bob

Rosie wrote:

> a Wisconsin FOUR year cheddar from BRENNANS!

Does Brennan's ship?

Bob
Erin Whitehouse

"Brown Margaret" > wrote in message
> Lately, Mine is P'Tit Basque- a sheep's milk cheese from the Pyrennees.
> It's buttery and nutty,
>
> Your faves?

Parmesan. One of my favorite treats is a nice hunk of Parmesan served with
fresh figs and dates.

BillKirch

Edam BG
Arwen

Wensleydale with cranberries

Snot

On 5 Oct 2003 21:27:08 -0500, "Bob" > wrote:

>Rosie wrote:
>
>> a Wisconsin FOUR year cheddar from BRENNANS!

>Does Brennan's ship?
>
>Bob

Not sure about Brennen's, but these people do. I've been in the store
and they are very nice.

Http://www.mapleleaf.homestead.com/

Here's the town.

http://www.swisstown.com/shopping.htm

If you prefer, I'm sure you can get someone on this list to ship.

http://www.wisconline.com/attractions/cheese.html

My favorite cheese at the moment is swiss, from a factory about 3
miles from my weekend home. Nothing like the stuff I find at the
stupidmarkets in Chicago.

http://www.pcmli.com/cw_sb.htm

Gar <----wants to be a cheesehead
Dave W.

I love(d) Liederkranz cheese. I think it dissappeared in the late '70s
or thereabouts. It was a wonderful stinky cheese and sold in rather
small packages. It was awesome with beer. I heard rumours that Kraft
bought it and then discarded it cause it didn't sell like their other
crumby products. (Sniff, sniff ...) Apparently people like me are rare?

Now I have to make do with a brick of limburger with onion on dark rye
.... but only every once in a while. When I eat it nobody seems to want
to be near me. (Sigh)

Regards,
Dave W.

--
Living in the Ozarks. For email, dot edu will do!
Gar

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 19:32:46 GMT, Puester >
wrote:

>> Brennans has older cheddar than 4 yrs.
>> The flavored cheese turds are to die for also.
>>
>> Gar

>Was that deliberate?

Probably. <eg>

Gar

Chameleon22

What's your favorite cheese?

Yummm...
Currently it seems to be Havati w/dill,
Jarlsberg, a mild cheese/garlic, and my all time fav...nice strong imported
provolone with pepperoni and Triscuits. <G>
Oh yea, and a good imported Romano for cooking.

Nancy
butch burton

Snot <> wrote in message >. ..
> On 5 Oct 2003 21:27:08 -0500, "Bob" > wrote:
>
> >Rosie wrote:
> >
> >> a Wisconsin FOUR year cheddar from BRENNANS!

> >Does Brennan's ship?
> >
> >Bob

> Not sure about Brennen's, but these people do. I've been in the store
> and they are very nice.
>
> Http://www.mapleleaf.homestead.com/
>
> Here's the town.
>
> http://www.swisstown.com/shopping.htm
>
> If you prefer, I'm sure you can get someone on this list to ship.
>
> http://www.wisconline.com/attractions/cheese.html
>
> My favorite cheese at the moment is swiss, from a factory about 3
> miles from my weekend home. Nothing like the stuff I find at the
> stupidmarkets in Chicago.
>
> http://www.pcmli.com/cw_sb.htm
>
> Gar <----wants to be a cheesehead

Every other year the town of Monroe has a cheese festival a couple of
weeks after labor day-the next one is in 04. They have a large
selection of cheese for tasting-get there early cause all the free
loaders are lined up after noon. They have a large variety of
cheese's here-most are not found outside of specialty cheese stores.
Great little festival-on the square in the little town. Monroe is a
bit south of New Glarus-while in the area, check out the New Glarus
Brewing Company. They have some fantastic lambic ales-they won an
international competition in Europe a couple of years ago with their
Door County Cherry Ale-a fifth bottle has a pound of cherries in it.
Way cool area-also lots of other festivals all summer long in WI-hit
as many as 4 in a weekend.