FoodBanter.com

-   -   The coolest bosses ever! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/109089-coolest-bosses-ever.html)

merryb 07-12-2006 11:24 PM

The coolest bosses ever!

Gotta brag a little- yesterday we had our office Xmas party-there's
only 11 of us. We had our usual holiday potluck-lots of great food,
except for the same two guys- one brings a bag or two of chips, and the
other, a shrimp ring. EVERY TIME!! Anyhow, my boss and her husband, who
also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few months ago,
they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come over and prep
some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the sandwich board
type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She said what color
would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my package, along with
the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for a months
salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

Andy[_2_] 07-12-2006 11:36 PM

The coolest bosses ever!

merryb said...

> Gotta brag a little- yesterday we had our office Xmas party-there's
> only 11 of us. We had our usual holiday potluck-lots of great food,
> except for the same two guys- one brings a bag or two of chips, and the
> other, a shrimp ring. EVERY TIME!! Anyhow, my boss and her husband, who
> also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few months ago,
> they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come over and prep
> some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the sandwich board
> type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She said what color
> would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my package, along with
> the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for a months
> salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

A tad early for a Christmas party!

Nice $$$ bonus!

Are they going to close for business from Christmas eve day through New
Years like a GOOD company should?

Andy

merryb 07-12-2006 11:44 PM

The coolest bosses ever!

Andy wrote:
> merryb said...
>
> > Gotta brag a little- yesterday we had our office Xmas party-there's
> > only 11 of us. We had our usual holiday potluck-lots of great food,
> > except for the same two guys- one brings a bag or two of chips, and the
> > other, a shrimp ring. EVERY TIME!! Anyhow, my boss and her husband, who
> > also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few months ago,
> > they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come over and prep
> > some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the sandwich board
> > type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She said what color
> > would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my package, along with
> > the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for a months
> > salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

> A tad early for a Christmas party!
>
> Nice $$$ bonus!
>
> Are they going to close for business from Christmas eve day through New
> Years like a GOOD company should?
>
> Andy

No, but that's ok-planning on surprising my 9 year old with a trip to
Disneynand mid January. He's never even been on an airplane, so it will
be really exciting for him to find out we aren't dropping his grandma
off at the airport, she's dropping us! I guess he'll figure it out when
we get out of the car and get luggage out of the trunk. I love being
sneaky!

jmcquown 08-12-2006 02:37 PM

The coolest bosses ever!

merryb wrote:
>Anyhow, my boss and her
> husband, who also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few
> months ago, they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come
> over and prep some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the
> sandwich board type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She
> said what color would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my
> package, along with the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for
> a months salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

Well, that's nice for sure! But they did wrangle you into coming over to
prep food for a party you weren't invited to. So of course you should be
paid for that. And of course you should be given a little something; a
Penzey's gift box is nice :)

I was once sent home from work packing a huge ham. The boss' mom insisted
everyone needed a ham. LOL

Jill

George[_1_] 08-12-2006 03:51 PM

The coolest bosses ever!

Andy wrote:

> Are they going to close for business from Christmas eve day through New
> Years like a GOOD company should?
>
> Andy

Unfortunately places like the big box stores that are open 24x7 have
really ruined the idea of holidays...

merryb 08-12-2006 04:22 PM

The coolest bosses ever!

jmcquown wrote:
> merryb wrote:
> >Anyhow, my boss and her
> > husband, who also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few
> > months ago, they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come
> > over and prep some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the
> > sandwich board type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She
> > said what color would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my
> > package, along with the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for
> > a months salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

> Well, that's nice for sure! But they did wrangle you into coming over to
> prep food for a party you weren't invited to. So of course you should be
> paid for that. And of course you should be given a little something; a
> Penzey's gift box is nice :)
>
> I was once sent home from work packing a huge ham. The boss' mom insisted
> everyone needed a ham. LOL
>
> Jill

No, they hired me and paid me well. He used to be a cook, and it was
his idea to get the Penzeys- last year I recieved the Mexican gift box.

TammyM[_1_] 09-12-2006 04:35 PM

The coolest bosses ever!

On 8 Dec 2006 08:22:21 -0800, "merryb" > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>> merryb wrote:
>> >Anyhow, my boss and her
>> > husband, who also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few
>> > months ago, they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come
>> > over and prep some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the
>> > sandwich board type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She
>> > said what color would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my
>> > package, along with the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for
>> > a months salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

>> Well, that's nice for sure! But they did wrangle you into coming over to
>> prep food for a party you weren't invited to. So of course you should be
>> paid for that. And of course you should be given a little something; a
>> Penzey's gift box is nice :)
>>
>> I was once sent home from work packing a huge ham. The boss' mom insisted
>> everyone needed a ham. LOL
>>
>> Jill

>No, they hired me and paid me well. He used to be a cook, and it was
>his idea to get the Penzeys- last year I recieved the Mexican gift box.

They sound terrific, Merryb. It's a wonderful thing to work for
people you like and respect, and who treat you in kind.

TammyM

Sheldon 09-12-2006 04:45 PM

The coolest bosses ever!

George Scrooge wrote:

> Unfortunately places like the big box stores that are open 24x7 have
> really ruined the idea of holidays...

Spoken like a true cheap *******.

Bah! Humbug!

Shelodn