FoodBanter.com

-   -   December 7, 1941 Remembering Pearl Harbor (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/109074-december-7-1941-remembering.html)

Dave Bugg 07-12-2006 10:12 PM

December 7, 1941 Remembering Pearl Harbor

Remembering those who were lost, and those who survived.

http://www.ccdemo.info/PearlHarbor/P...emembered.html
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] 08-12-2006 03:49 AM

December 7, 1941 Remembering Pearl Harbor

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:12:34 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Remembering those who were lost, and those who survived.
>
>http://www.ccdemo.info/PearlHarbor/P...emembered.html

Thank you. The DH's father was at Pearl Harbor on BB48, which was
sunk. He survived by climbing out of the water in his skivvies. The
Red Cross offered to sell him a blanket. The Salvation Army gave him
clothes and food.

Donate to the Salvation Army. We're still p*ssed at the Red Cross (and
it was worse after Katrina, IMHO).

OB: The DH's father loved long cooked grits, and I think of him every
time I cook them, God bless him.

Terry Pulliam Burd

--
"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

werty 08-12-2006 06:18 AM

December 7, 1941 Remembering Pearl Harbor

Why not guilt all the Murderers .

Franklin Delano Roosevelt setup up Pearl Harbor .

Shooting fish in a barrel .

Bush needs lower oil prices , sacrifice some more young
Americans ....

Omelet 08-12-2006 04:21 PM

December 7, 1941 Remembering Pearl Harbor

In article >,
Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:12:34 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
> >Remembering those who were lost, and those who survived.
> >
> >http://www.ccdemo.info/PearlHarbor/P...emembered.html

> Thank you. The DH's father was at Pearl Harbor on BB48, which was
> sunk. He survived by climbing out of the water in his skivvies. The
> Red Cross offered to sell him a blanket. The Salvation Army gave him
> clothes and food.
>
> Donate to the Salvation Army. We're still p*ssed at the Red Cross (and
> it was worse after Katrina, IMHO).
>
> OB: The DH's father loved long cooked grits, and I think of him every
> time I cook them, God bless him.
>
> Terry Pulliam Burd

The salvation army are pretty much the only charity that gets donations
from me anymore. :-)

Goodwill is too wasteful, Red Cross is over run by bureaucracy and I
have yet to see _any_ good works from United Way. All UW does in my area
is take badly needed money that should be used for _local_ programs.
They do squat for the poor and homeless in the towns where they collect
money. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

PeterL 08-12-2006 05:14 PM

December 7, 1941 Remembering Pearl Harbor

Omelet > wrote in news:omp_omelet-
:

> In article >,
> Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
>

>> Donate to the Salvation Army. We're still p*ssed at the Red Cross

(and

> The salvation army are pretty much the only charity that gets

donations
> from me anymore. :-)
>
> Goodwill is too wasteful, Red Cross is over run by bureaucracy and I
> have yet to see _any_ good works from United Way. All UW does in my

area
> is take badly needed money that should be used for _local_ programs.
> They do squat for the poor and homeless in the towns where they

collect
> money. :-(

As an Aussie soldier, we 'grew up' with the Everyman (aka 'Sallyman').

On exercise, or on deployment overseas, the only ******* that ever had
the guts to come up and give us a cold drink in hot parts, and a hot
drink in cold parts..... was the Sallyman.

The only *******s you'll find at the sharp end are us, and the Sallyman.

The *only* 'charity' I donate to is the Salvation Army.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml