Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Crazy dinner Party?

Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.

The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you got a
plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could end
up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.

Does this party sound familiar to any one?

If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?

It was hysterical and a lot of fun.

Thanks

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.
>
> The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
> for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
> condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you
> got a
> plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could
> end
> up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.
>
> Does this party sound familiar to any one?
>
> If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?
>
> It was hysterical and a lot of fun.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dimitri

Absolutely!!
Rules? You don' need no steekin' rules! Make your own.
Serially, what I remember was that the menu items were deceptively
written: A pitcher of hay ‹ is it milk or is it your dinner fork? Get
it?

What you need is kitchen help because you could be dishing the salad,
dessert, and entree on the same plate. And different combinations for
different people.

Can I come!? I'll help in the kitchen if you'll make me a coupla
Manhattans!

Let's think up names, D.!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."

http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog -
12/3, Christmas Cookies!; Barcelona 12-2 (you might have
to scroll down to find it.

http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.
>
> The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
> for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
> condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you
> got a
> plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could
> end
> up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.
>
> Does this party sound familiar to any one?
>
> If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?
>
> It was hysterical and a lot of fun.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dimitri

Oh, I remember that it seemed 'important' to have the table beautifully
set with -- maybe the printed menu and a nice napkin * centerpiece,
something lovely to distract from the fact that there wasn't any
flatware on the table.

-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."

http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog -
12/3, Christmas Cookies!; Barcelona 12-2 (you might have
to scroll down to find it.

http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.
>>
>> The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
>> for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
>> condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you
>> got a
>> plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could
>> end
>> up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.
>>
>> Does this party sound familiar to any one?
>>
>> If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?
>>
>> It was hysterical and a lot of fun.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dimitri

> Absolutely!!
> Rules? You don' need no steekin' rules! Make your own.
> Serially, what I remember was that the menu items were deceptively
> written: A pitcher of hay < is it milk or is it your dinner fork? Get
> it?
>
> What you need is kitchen help because you could be dishing the salad,
> dessert, and entree on the same plate. And different combinations for
> different people.
>
> Can I come!? I'll help in the kitchen if you'll make me a coupla
> Manhattans!
>
> Let's think up names, D.!
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

Was there a NAME to that kind of Craziness?

Thanks

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article > ,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
> > Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.
> >
> > The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
> > for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
> > condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you
> > got a
> > plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could
> > end
> > up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.
> >
> > Does this party sound familiar to any one?
> >
> > If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?
> >
> > It was hysterical and a lot of fun.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Dimitri

> Absolutely!!
> Rules? You don' need no steekin' rules! Make your own.
> Serially, what I remember was that the menu items were deceptively
> written: A pitcher of hay €¹ is it milk or is it your dinner fork? Get
> it?
>
> What you need is kitchen help because you could be dishing the salad,
> dessert, and entree on the same plate. And different combinations for
> different people.
>
> Can I come!? I'll help in the kitchen if you'll make me a coupla
> Manhattans!
>
> Let's think up names, D.!
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
>
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog -
> 12/3, Christmas Cookies!; Barcelona 12-2 (you might have
> to scroll down to find it.
>
> http://jamlady.eboard.com

We had a dinner party last night Kajikit[_2_] General Cooking 0 31-05-2009 09:58 PM
The Dinner Party Sheldon General Cooking 2 08-09-2006 08:00 PM
For your next dinner party David Hare-Scott General Cooking 0 30-03-2006 05:07 AM
Dinner party themes Caesy Barbecue 0 20-11-2005 09:00 PM
TN: A Small Dinner Party Johnners Wine 3 04-02-2004 07:29 PM