Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chat servers down again???

Are the chat servers down again? I tried to logon and nary a one works.

Sky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Skyhooks wrote:
> Are the chat servers down again? I tried to logon and nary a one works.
>
> Sky

Seem to be working again

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:01:09 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>Skyhooks wrote:
>> Are the chat servers down again? I tried to logon and nary a one works.
>>
>> Sky

>Seem to be working again

On again... off again. What's a DOS attack and why is it happening?

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:52:19 -0500, <sf> wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:01:09 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> > wrote:
>
>> Skyhooks wrote:
>>> Are the chat servers down again? I tried to logon and nary a one
>>> works.
>>>
>>> Sky

>> Seem to be working again

> On again... off again. What's a DOS attack and why is it happening?

denial of service

don't understand the technical stuff but as I have been told, it means
that mean people create software that sends so many messages to and from
the server that it gets bogged down and can't handle the real traffic
Posted to rec.food.cooking

marika wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:52:19 -0500, <sf> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:01:09 +0200, Chatty Cathy
>> > wrote:

>>> Seem to be working again

>> On again... off again. What's a DOS attack and why is it happening?
>>

> denial of service
>
> don't understand the technical stuff but as I have been told, it means
> that mean people create software that sends so many messages to and
> from the server that it gets bogged down and can't handle the real
> traffic

Thank God, I thought we were back in the 1970's and DOS meant Disk Operating
System

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote

> Thank God, I thought we were back in the 1970's and DOS meant Disk
> Operating
> System

(laugh) And it was pronounced D O S.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-12-03, jmcquown > wrote:

> Thank God, I thought we were back in the 1970's and DOS meant Disk Operating
> System

Often, denial of service is indicated by DoS.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2006-12-03, jmcquown > wrote:
>
> > Thank God, I thought we were back in the 1970's and DOS meant Disk Operating
> > System

> Often, denial of service is indicated by DoS.
>
> nb

Ah!!! When I saw the first DOS, I thought ancient, early 80s OS, not
DoS. Thanks.

Sky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "jmcquown" > said:
> marika wrote:
> > On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:52:19 -0500, <sf> wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:01:09 +0200, Chatty Cathy

> >> On again... off again. What's a DOS attack and why is it happening?
> >>

> > denial of service
> >
> > don't understand the technical stuff but as I have been told, it means
> > that mean people create software that sends so many messages to and
> > from the server that it gets bogged down and can't handle the real
> > traffic

> Thank God, I thought we were back in the 1970's and DOS meant Disk Operating
> System

Heh, I thought the same thing... :-)

--
Jani in WA